Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk NBA suspends season after player tests positive

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:16:34 )

"The NBA is suspending game play following the conclusion of tonight’s schedule of games until further notice. The NBA will use this hiatus to determine next steps for moving forward in regard to the coronavirus pandemic.”

The rest of the season is suspended indefinitely.

Full Washington Post Article

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:21:13 )

watches north america slowly shut down oof...

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:23:22 )

Man, that and E3 was cancelled this year too.
People are on a full panic about this thing!

Although I'm glad that public places are taking action to try and slow the fast spread, I'm a little worried about my city's uh.... desperation at the minute lol
I feel like its starting to kick in for a lot of people here

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:25:31 )

Thanks Masa.

Yeah I saw the news about E3. At least they can do Nintendo Directs and other companies can do that too. This thing spreads fast but takes a lot of time to show symptoms. That's probably how it can spread so well.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:34:32 )

Yeah, its contagious while its still silent. That's why people end up quarantined if there's any suggestion they could've been exposed.

Man, I know viruses are no joke even if most people are overcoming it. But I'm almost more worried about how frantic people might get about resources. lol
I overheard my sister saying she was gonna start stealing stuff from public places ??? Like yo, chill. Don't do that, just get a dang rag and wash it every use!
then again she doesn't wash her hands either

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:36:45 )

people who don't wash their hands will end us all
    looks at my dad,

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:37:37 )

lol she really shouldn't start stealing. I've been at home and washing my hands a lot. Last week I had allergies so I hope that I wasn't getting corona all over my face then XD

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:55:09 )

@pachi:
If not physically, it will end me mentally!

I haven't even noticed until it became a big subject, just how unhygienic some people around me actually are. Its alarming!

@totalanimefan:
Stealing is never the answer to anything! I was surprised when I heard that through the door. My dad was already there to be like wtf no stop that lol

I actually started to put on a little makeup to stop me from touching my face as much LOL
or... to try. I still do it, the makeup just reminds me to STOP lmao
But I always wash my hands a bunch. I work in retail and study massage therapy--I HAVE TO lol my morals have to also

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:55:49 )

I wash my hands obsessively but I touch my face and stuff too much so I’m worried. But I’m hoping I can restrict the time I spend out and about so I’m not at risk lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:01:53 )

@Jolly: Yeah this is just prepping you for massage therapy.
@Bonnie: I know it's easy to be worried but you will probably be ok if you keep washing your hands. Plus you are young, so if you do get it it will be like a flu. You won't die.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:04:33 )

@Totalanimefan: well hopefully so. But I guess the concern would be how healthy I’d be if I were to catch it because if I’m not mistaken people are dying from how severe it affects their lungs.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:05:02 )
@jolly: The makeup thing is such a good idea! I feel like I'm always touching my face.

As for the NBA, good for them! I'm glad they are taking precautions and clearly caring for the safety of others and not their pocketbooks.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:07:35 )

Yes, indeed. My life will soon be about constantly protecting myself from pathogens. This virus is nothing special!
People always go in for massages while they're contagious with something and spread it to the therapists carelessly. Or even unknowingly lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:22:05 )

@Bonnie: Do you have a history of having problems with your lungs?
@Mousy: Yes I agree.
@Jolly: I heard about that. I would never want a massage when I was sick. That sounds awful.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:23:26 )

@Totalanimefan: nah. Pneumonia just scares me. It’s been killing us off since the olden days.

bloop

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:26:40 )

@totalanimefan:
In many cases, it could actually be beneficial. But at the cost of spreading it to the therapist and potentially their next clients. HOPEFULLY most massage companies agree to clean the tables and rooms between each client like our textbooks tell us to. But already, mine is slacking off -__-
"You only get to use one blanket per day so make sure they just don't touch it!"
There's a sheet under the blanket, but that is still the biggest bullshit ever. I'm gonna wash my blankets anyways when I get in the clinic, they can just watch me :vanora_sweat:
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:32:42 )

@Bonnie: that's true, but if you don't have a history you probably won't get pneumonia with Corona.
@Jolly: Yes please wash them XD

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:33:01 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Omg, I didn’t know about E3 being cancelled. )x I was also not expecting them to suspend a sports season like that, especially since they announced not too long ago that they would carry on but without an audience.

Oh maaaan... I’m gonna be so crushed if they cancel the North American BTS concerts... they already cancelled the Korean leg of their tour. x__x

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:35:29 )

@Tsundererra: Yeah that was just announced today. I hope that people will just put out their version of the Nintendo Directs at least. I follow the NBA so I was bummed but it's for the best.

I hope that you will still be able to see them. Maybe the concert will just get delayed?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:45:28 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I understand. It’s best to keep the players and everyone else safe. ): But it still sucks. I’d feel the same if the BTS tour got cancelled because I wouldn’t want my boys getting sick. I really hope they choose to delay instead of cancel. My concert will be in May, so there’s still time.
I’m also worried about the cherry blossom festival. T__T DC cancelled all their events/activities for March.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.