Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unexpected Ally

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 07:44:12 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, Zeke sighed.

"I see." he said.

"Very well." he said further.

"You leave me no choice." he went on.

He then dashed towards her... as fast as he could move... and aimed a punch at her. RIght at her gut.

He wanted to end this quickly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 07:48:41 )

Angela wasn't stupid. She tried to dodge the incoming attack, and managed to.... Mostly. Instead of hitting her in the abdomen, at the bottom of her ribs, he instead hit her left hit. Granted, it was hard enough to bruise almost instantly, were the skin visible.

As she dodged, she twisted and blasted him with some of the Fae mana she had, mana that was meant to disorient. She had no idea what it would do to a nephilim, but she had to try. That impact though knocked her aim off a bit. Instead of the face, it hit him in the shoulder, which while it could still be effective... There was no way that it would be complete, she was sure.

She hit the ground hard, but didn't let out a sound.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 08:04:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The mana hit his shoulder, and Zeke immediately found that his arm wasn't doing what his brain told him to.

He was suffering from severe nerve confusion.

"Damn it." he cursed.

"Meddling fae." he growled... before summoning the blade he used.

He then looked at her, and pointed the tip of the blade towards her, with his 'good' arm.

"To throw your life away like this. Pathetic."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 08:07:26 )

Angela paused a moment to process tha tthe blade was pointed at her before sighing.

"LeBlanc, where's the harddrive?" She asked, her voice stern. There was some pain to it, however, and it was nigh on impossibel to ignore or deny.

"That's all I want." She continued.

"I want the harddrive, that's it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 08:24:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"You're not getting it." Zeke responded.

"That's it." he growled.

He then charged towards her, and thrust the blade towards her... but it stopped mere inches from her.

And she saw it was shaking. HE was shaking. His expression was still angered and almost murderous, but it seemed like the blade itself was fighting back. As though it had a will of its own.

"....." Zeke was silent, before looking at the weapon.

"Useless tool!" he declared, throwing it off to the side... the sword his father had given him so long ago.

Which was when they heard hurried footsteps coming their way.

"Talk, and suffer." was all he said to her, before disappearing from where he was, using his mana... just as a night guard stepped into the room, and hurried over towards Angela.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 10:12:21 )

Angela didn't say anything before Zeke vanished. She didn't say anything as the guard came in. She just made her way over to the sword and picked it up.

". . . Sharp isn't in still, is he?" She asked, hoping he would be, but at the same time, hoping he wouldn't. She did want to go hom, make sure the locks were changed and the place was secure. Along with that, take Liv elsewhere so she would be safe. She had no idea how long Zeke would be like this, or what he may or may no do while in whatever mood he was in.

She didn't want to take any chances.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 16:47:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The guard was silent for a moment.

"No." they replied. "He isn't." they confirmed.

"Why?" he asked.

"Dr. Edwards, what happened here?" he then asked further.

"I heard a commotion here, and then felt strong mana before I came into the room." he continued.

"Is something wrong here?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 02:47:11 )

"Dammit..." Angela muttered before sighing.

"Sadly, it is something I cannot share with you for the moment." She then said.

"I'm heading back to the medwing." was the last thing she said before making sure she had the sowrd and heading off.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 02:59:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The guard was silent and confused as Angela left, wondering what was going on.

He then looked around and saw... well, not much.

However, he DID find it odd that she had a sword.

"Wait..." he mumbled.

"Was that... Zeke's...?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 03:02:14 )

Angela made her way down to the medwing with the sword, not running into anyone - thankfully. Once there, she sighed as she bandaged her wrist, knowing that it would very posisbly need to be properly looked into later. Once done, she grabbed the sword once more before heading home. On the way, she grabbed a bunch of new locks from a local hardware store and set to installing them once she got home. At the same time though, she called the one person she thought could posisbly help out here.

"Hey Cain," she started when he didn't answer and she goit his voice mail.

"Angela calling. I've run into a bit of a security issue, and I was wondering if you could call me back once you get a chance. It's involving helping out with Liv a bit. Talk to you soon." She ended the call, sighed, and set to trying to install the locks. Which was definitely more difficult than she expected it to be, considering her wrist.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 03:17:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She'd been trying for about 10 minutes, before her phone rang.

It was Cain.

"Hello?" he said when she answered.

"A security issue?" he continued.

"Yeah, I can help with that. Whatcha need?" he asked her.

"And sorry about the voicemail, was away from the phone putting some chemicals away." he then apologised, before offering the explanation.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 03:24:54 )

Angela just sighed lightly.

"I know that LIv is a big girl and can take care of herself, but... I'd really appreciate if you'd be willing to pop by when I'm at work to just... be there if need be, or make sure she's not being a dumb teen." She said.

"And possibly come over and help with installing locks." She added with a really heavy sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 03:45:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" there was silence on the other end for a moment.

"I... uh..." he stammered.

"Right, I get the feeling there's a HELL of a story behind what you just said." he commented.

"But if you need help installing locks, I can get there right now." he told her.

"And yeah, I can stop by while you're at work to... well, we can call it house-sit, if you like." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 03:50:26 )

"Thank you Cain." Angela said with a light sigh.

"And yes, there is more to it than I'm saying, but that's because I'm actually a bit worried about how far he's going. For all I know, he tapped the phones. I don't think he would have, but I have no idea how his mind is working now." There was weight to her voice, without a doubt.

At the same time, though, there was something more to it.

"Just... please. If you can come help with the locks, that'd be grand. I can't do it at the moment, myself."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:11:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I... ah..." Cain stammered.

"Right, I'll be there in the next 5 minutes." he told her.

They then said their goodbyes and the call was ended. Sure enough, within 5 minutes, Cain was at her door, knocking to be let in. When she did let him in, the first thing he noticed was her bandaged wrist.

"...are you all right?" he asked.

"I... I'm no medic, but I can see a little bit of purple peeking out from that wrap." he commented.

"It looks... well... bad, to understate it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:23:13 )

Angela sighed as she stepped out of the way for Cain to enter.

"May have been fractured, but I think it's probably just severely bruised." She told him once he was in and she was closing the door.

"I'm really hoping that's all it is." She added under her breath.

"Anyway, you see why locks are a bit of a task for me to change at the moment, I'm sure."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:51:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I... do, yeah." Cain responded.

"Now, I'm not going to ask what prompted all this, but I'm guessing your injury is related." he continued.

"But it's none of my business." he reasoned.

"Anyway, point me to the locks you want changed." he said.

"I'll do it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:56:03 )

Angela did so, first had him do the front, then the door outside from the kitchen, and finally the backdoor.

"Thanks Cain." She said before approaching him with two things. A mug of something for him to drink. IT looked like coffee, but after taking a quick drink he was able to tell that it was kahlua, but mana boosted.

"As a thank you." She said with a light chuckle before he was able to ask why. It was something that she didn't give others often, afterall. Some of her mothers receipe, she said.

"Also... if you see Zeke, don't... don't tell him the locks were changed, please." She added, knowing full well that would probably beg questions.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:22:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain didn't have a chance to respond to her giving him the drink and saying what it was for... before she mentioned the last thing. And THAT got his mind racing. She could see it in his eyes.

"I..." he stammered.

"I won't..." he told her.

"I promise." he said.

"But... but the fact that that is even something I must hold to is concerning. Extremely so." he then commented.

"I admit, I am SUPER curious as to what is happening." he admitted.

"But... the big one is what I will ask first. The most important one. Are you and Liv in danger?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:26:24 )

"That's the thing, Cain." Angela started, meeting his gaze,

"I... have no idea." She admitted. "There's no way for me to know, either, sadly."

"But... maybe... and yes. I'm talking about Zeke." She added.

"I don't know what's going on, but he very nearly broke my wrist." she continued, and he could hear, barely, the emotions that the encounter had brought forth, "he summoned his fucking sword on me." She then said.

"So yes. While I'm at work, for the sake of keeping Liv safe... I would really appreciate if you were to keep it quiet about Zeke too... for the moment at least." She bit her lip slightly before sighing.

"If only because his threat... really did feel like he would follow through on it."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.