Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unexpected Ally

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 04:24:11 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, Zeke laughed. It was dark, it was cruel.

It just... wasn't him.

"We'll see." was all he said.

He then raised his arm, ready to slap her... and hard... before there was a sudden burst of light behind him, and a hand grabbed his wrist.

"Not so fast." Uriel commanded.

"I think it's high time this stopped."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 04:29:13 )

"You know as well as I do that Liv is innocent." Angela spat before looking to Uriel.

". . . Thank you.' She said quietly.

"You have more important things to worry about for the moment, Zeke, than me or my daughter." She then paused and bit her lip slightly.

"I'm going to take Cain inside. If you need me, you know where I am." Was all she said before collecting the prone form of the silver haired teen, and taking him inside. Once in, she laid him on the couch before cursing lightly, hoping beyond hope that him being technically not properly alive would actually play in his favour for survival.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 04:48:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The hole in Cain's chest was pretty bad, and she could see how Zeke's mana had essentially eaten away at him... but it also seemed like Cain's body was actually keeping it from spreading any further.

Which was good, seeing as the wound was but a mere inch away from what could be considered his heart.

She didn't hear anything going on outside... but she also felt a strong mana presence, stronger than before, so she could assume that Uriel was either doing something in a small barrier-like zone he'd created, or they were about to disappear.

But the big thing right now was Cain.

She needed to find a way to remove the angelic mana from the wound.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 04:56:27 )

Angela was silent before sighing. This wouldn't be pleasant to her, and she knew that, but it had to be done. She'd never be able to live with herself if she let Cain die here... or at least die permanently.

She waited for a few seconds to steel her nerves before concentrating all the mana she could to her hands. Her mana wasn't strong, not at all, but it was something that helped her heal others, and this counted, right? She could attract foreign elements to her mana, to her. Sure, she often ended up absorbing some of it herself, but it was at a less toxic or fatal level.

She was sure she wouldn't be in the best of shapes after this, but she didn't care. She'd be faring better than Cain was now.

She just laid her hands on his chest, her hands forming a barrier around the hole that was there, and concentrated on calling all the foreign mana out of him and to her hands.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 05:17:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sure enough, her mana identified Zeke's mana as the 'foreign' mana within Cain, and she could feel it coming towards her, collecting and absorbing into her. It wasn't much at all... mere remnants... but it was powerful enough that she felt like she could take down anything or anyone right there and there.

It was almost... intoxicating.

However, the 'high' wore off within seconds, and she could see that Cain's body was now actively trying to repair itself.

She looked into the hole, and saw strange tendrils of demonic mana writhing within it, connecting to opposing sides and attaching themselves.

It was... disturbing, yet fascinating.

And she could tell that it would take a while.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 05:20:14 )

Angela was silent for a moment before sighing and looking at the couch.

". . . . yeah... no." She muttered before doing what she could get getting him into her arms ago. It was a bit awkward, as he was an inch or so taller than she was, but it was still doable. She managed to get him up to her bed for the moment, since she wasn't going to use her daughters, and the spare room was currently not in a right state to be used.

She laid him down and left a note saying she was downstairs, before heading down there.

"Zeke... what the hell happened to you?" She wondered before shakign her head and texting Hal, as she realised he could be too busy to answer the phone for the moment.

Zeke's really gone off the deep end. Yuri stepped in. Not sure if Zeke will survive. I'll keep you posted.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 05:31:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After a few seconds, she received a call.

From Hal.

"He ATTACKED you?" he asked when she answered.

"Good Lord." he said.

"I'll say this much, if he keeps up, being fired from here will be the LEAST of his worries." he told her.

"...however, since you say his father stepped in, I'm not sure any threat I could make would even stack up..." he then admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 05:32:44 )

Angela paused.

"I... uhh... didn't say he attacked me..." She saida fter a moment or two.

"And he didn't... technically." She paused a moment, knowing that there would be questions after that.

"He nearly killed Cain though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 05:50:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

There was silence for a moment, before Hal cleared his throat.

"Well." he said.

"Teach me to jump to conclusions." he mumbled, clearing his throat again.

"Firstly, he nearly killed Cain?" he asked.

"Aedan and Azazel aren't going to like THAT..." he muttered.

"Also, what do you mean when you say 'technically'?" he asked her.

"What happened?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 05:52:15 )

"Technically... yeah." Angela repeated before sighing and giving him a truncated outline as to what happened.

"so now I have Cain hopefully recovering in my bed while I'm downstairs... seriously thinking I need to strengthen barriers around here to stop his ass from coming by again. Especially if he tries when Liv is home." She admitted before pausing and snapping her fingers.

"Oh! Right. My fae had something interesting to say." She then told him, as she'd left that detail out.

"Said there was an elven mana around him. I couldn't get much out of them as they were terrified, he was tormenting them and very possibly killed a couple - haven't checked."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 06:24:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, Hal was silent for a moment.

"....Elven?" he asked.

"Oh... oh my..." he muttered.

"Angela, I'm going to have to call you back." he told her. "I've just recalled something... or, well, it's more that I might have a clue as to what that is, and I want to ask someone about it." he clarified.

"For now, I suggest making sure your fae friends are all right. All of them." he suggested.

"See if any are injured, and if you can help." he went on.

"There's no need for any pointless death. Ever."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 06:25:55 )

"I plan on it." Angela assured him.

"If either of Cain's parents as where he is... feel free to tell them he's here. I'd rather you left Zeke's attack out of it though. If he's not acting of his own volition, I'd rather not have more than Yuri going at him."

"Anyhow, you go do what you need to. I need to check on my fae."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 07:02:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Very well." Hal responded.

With that, they ended the call, and he made his way through the Unit, to the door of the dorm that Ayla was staying in.

Once there, he knocked.

"Ayla?" he called in.

"Are you in?" he asked.

"I have something very important to ask you!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 07:05:58 )

The usual triple knock was heard from within, beckoning him to enter. When he did, he found Ayla on the couch. She set the tablet aside and looked in his direction, her expression inquisitive as to what he would like from her. She wasn't too sure she could be any good for the moment, after all. Especially considering her background - the fact that she'd been working with Vanessa.

She'd be lying if she were to say that she wasn't a bit uneasy, maybe borderline scared. She knew her past had to come and bite her in the ass at some point.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 07:34:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal made his way over and sat across from her.

"One of my agents has been acting... off." he said.

"Acting violently, and he's been conspiring against the Unit, compromising security and such." he told her.

"Some fae that a friend of mine knows said that there is elven mana in his system." he then went on.

"Tell me, is this something that Vanessa can do?" he asked.

"Which is to say, can the presence of her mana warp a personality like that?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 07:36:43 )

Ayla was silent for a moment before grabbing the tablet and typing on it. She paused a few times, trying to plan it out and figure out what it was that she wanted to say.

Mistress' mana is not entirely capable of doing that. he started to read when she handed it over.

However, her most recent project - at least that I'm aware of.... Does this agent have a familiar?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:03:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"A familiar?" Hal asked.

He then thought for a moment, before snapping his fingers.

"Ah!" he exclaimed.

"Yes!" he said. "He does!" he told her.

"An avian. A bird of prey. I cannot remember precisely WHAT, but it IS a familiar." he confirmed.

"Why?" he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:06:45 )

Ayla just sighed as Hal said exatly what she did not want to hear.

That means that he is most likely succumbing to Mistress. she typed.

I left because Skylar was targetted. She is attempted to have her mana effects travel through the connection that familiars have with the one that they are connected to.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:25:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal's expression darkened when he read this.

"Oh, no..." he said.

"No wonder he's been acting the way he has." he went on.

"He's become a puppet for Vanessa, via his familiar." he mumbled.

"Can you think of any way to help?" he asked her.

"Is there anything we can do?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 10:39:24 )

... that... I don't know. was Ayla's answer. She didn't add anything else for a few seoconds.

It may be possible to ... boost that connection from one to the other, so as to make it that perhaps there's a stronger 'good' sense, if you follow. She paused the tablet over before sighing. She didn't know what they were aware of for if that could be done, but she knew that she could do it. She was a wood elf, she had more of a reach tfor that kind of connection.

The question was whether or not she'd be able to get to the one that was causing the problems for the moment.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.