Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unexpected Ally

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 05:31:43 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"That... does make sense." Zeke admitted.

"I can't argue that." he said.

"I'll keep a lookout, and keep in contact with Talon." he told her.

"And I'll make sure to keep in touch with YOU as well." he continued.

"I'll bet she's worried sick about her familiar." he went on.

"This is quite important, in my opinion."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 05:33:33 )

"That's the thing, no one knows" Aimee told him.

"She's a mute, won't properly talk to anyone." She continued before sighing lightly.

"The only people that she's spoken with as far as I'm aware are the Fyrane boys."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 05:49:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Damn..." Zeke mumbled.

"That's rough." he said.

-Some time later-

Jake sighed as he made his way to the dorm that Ayla was staying in.

"So it's true." he mumbled.

"I have to." he said to himself.

"I have to see her, myself." he muttered, stopping at her door and knocking on it. When he received the invitation to enter, he did so.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 05:53:09 )

When he stepped in, Jake found Ayla sitting on the floor with a book that Lindsay had brought her. She put her bookmark in when Jake entered, before setting it aside and getting to her feet. She looked over, waved, before sighing lightly, knowing that this would possibly not go well.

She looked over with a bit of a puzzled expression, almost as if she was asking what she could do for him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 06:25:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Jake was silent as he saw her, and witnessed what she did.

"I... hello." he greeted her.

"It's... it's... hm." he mumbled.

"Maybe you don't remember me." he said.

"But... I was someone that was under Vanessa's control for a while." he went on, scratching the back of his head.

"If I were to wager a guess, I was probably the only Ramaarin that she ever HAD under her control." he then guessed. "Seeing as she was unaware of just how much is detoxed from the body when we... well... shed." he muttered further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 06:29:06 )

Ayla just nodded. She did remember him. She was there while he was, of course, and she had been one that was often overseeing the things that were done to him. She had been in a high enough position for that, at that point, after all.

She made her way over to the tablet on the coffee table with a light sigh and grabbed it before starting to type.

I know who you are, Qorxxlux she typed before handing it over for him to read.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 06:46:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake read the tablet, and froze for a moment.

"...been a while since I've seen my name typed out." he said.

"My REAL name." he muttered.

"Yes, I'm sure you DO remember me." he then sighed.

"You know... even though you oversaw horrible things done to me, I remember something." he continued.

"You were always one of the nicer ones to me."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 06:56:32 )

Ayla just sighed lightly as he said what he did.

.... I never fully agreed with what Mistress was doing. She typed out.

I only went along with it because of my brother.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 07:19:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I figured as much." Jake responded, reading it.

"He always did seem like he was dominant." he said.

"A submissive bitch to Vanessa, but still overall dominant." he muttered.

He then sighed, and looked at Ayla.

"I'm sorry." he said to her.

"I can guess that you were abandoned by Vanessa." he continued.

"But I can tell you... you're safe here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 07:24:12 )

Ayla just sighed before motioning for him to take a seat if he was going to hang around. After he, almost hesitantly, took a seat, she did so as well.

Safety... that's something I am still not sure I entirely believe exists.

I spoke up once Skylar was involved in Mistress' experimentations, and she set Azari to kill me.
She paused, sighing, before handing him the tablet.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 07:44:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake read the tablet... and growled slightly.

"She has no respect for anything." he muttered.

"And the fact that Azari did this shows just how far he's fallen." he went on.

He then shook his head and handed it bad to her.

"Just... damn it all." he cursed.

"Everything and everyone to her is a damn resource."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 07:46:51 )

Ayla nodded. It was very much a truth, and one that she wasn't too keen on. Not that she really trhought anyone was keen on it - aside from the elf in question, of course.

I don't know when she managed to worm into my brothers head as well as she has, and I miss my brother... but I fear that the only way to save him... is to kill him. she admitted.

I wish that it was not that way, though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 08:05:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...that would be nice." Jake replied, handing the tablet back.

"But when Vanessa's THAT deep into someone's mind... there's no way out." he lamented.

"Whoever your brother was... I think he's pretty much gone by now." he lamented.

"Even if he WAS saved, I don't think he'd ever be 'fully' back." he went on.

"Just... it's horrible." he sighed.

"I was one of the few lucky ones..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 08:11:28 )

Ayla nodded. She knew he was one of the lucky ones, but she also knew that perhaps he wasn't. Surely his time there had left its mark, even if he wasn't fully or properly aware of it.

Just like how she knew there was a mark left on her, and it would be there for years to come - if she survived that long. For all she knew, she was a ticking time bomb to her death. She didn't know, but she did know that it wasn't beyond Vanessa to do something like that.

Well, while we are here, is there anything that you would like to talk about? Whether it be questions or random conversations. she typed and passed over.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 08:25:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake looked at the message, and nodded.

"Yes." he said.

"There is." he told her.

"...for some time, I've thought about my time with Vanessa... with that place..." he continued.

"Why were you there?" he asked.

"Did you willingly join forces with her, at least initially?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 13:23:15 )

Ayla froze momentarily when the questions were posed. She wasn't entirely sure if what she would have to say for an answer would be a good enough one, a satisfactory one. She knew she couldn't dodge it though, it was one thing she was 'trained' to know. Don't dodge questions.

... I went willingly, as Azari had. I was merely following him, as I had been far too young to be left on my own. He wouldn't have left me, either, but when he truly believed that Mistress could help, I had to go with him. She typed before passing the tablet over fo rhim to read.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 21:34:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake understood what she had written.

But he didn't like it.

Specifically, he didn't like how Vanessa had taken in Azari and Ayla... and then corrupted the former, while the latter probably suffered more. She had abused their trust, and used them. Was probably still using Azari.

".....I see." he said quietly.

"Well... when you've nowhere to go, even a deal with the devil looks good." he commented.

"I know THAT all too well." he mumbled further.

"...I don't blame you, you know." he then said. "Looking back on it, ever since I escaped, I may have not liked you, but... I realise... I never blamed YOU for anything." he then confided in her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/10 23:29:50 )

Ayla just sighed. She didn'ty have anything to say, since she knew that there wasn't much she could say that wouldn't be repeating what was already said. But she couldn't deny to herself that this hurt, a lot. The fact that she'd been put through all that, the fact that she'd been left for dead by her own brother, everything piling on top of her, along with meeting both the Fyrane boys and Jake again...

If it wasn't for the strict 'training' from Vanessa, she likely wouldn't be nearly as calm as she was there.

And she knew that Jake would likely be completely aware of that, as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 02:13:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Jake was silent for a moment, before sighing.

"Listen." he said.

"I know it's easier said than done, you don't have to act like Vanessa's here." he told her.

"Yes, I know what she does ingrains itself deep into you, but maybe we can help. Show you that it's all right to break down and let everything out. You're in pain, and I get that." he continued.

"But you ARE allowed to show it. You're allowed to cry. To be angry. To let out your emotions." he assured her.

"It might not have been under the best circumstances, but you've managed to escape Vanessa... and it seems like this is for real, and not some ploy by her or anything." he went on.

"So perhaps let us show you that you can have a life again. Not the one you had before she wormed her way in, but you CAN rebuild." he told her.

"I promise."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 02:29:20 )

Ayla just sighed after a few seconds.

There was no way for her to be entirely certain about that, as there was still some of the elves mana within her. She knew it was there, but knew not how to remove it. It was just there, just below the surface, waiting, biding its time.

She knew it, and it was tearing her up inside a bit. She didn't know what the point of it was, didn't know if it would alert Vanessa to her being alive, and certainly had no idea as to whether or not it was something that would come back to bite her - and those that had helped her out - in the ass.

And she was terrified to find out the answer.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.