Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unexpected Ally

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 07:02:49 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal made his way over, and nodded.

"She's aware of your gratitude." he said to Zeke.

"Now, please allow her to return to her room, where she can recuperate." he told him.

Zeke just nodded and backed away.

"Thank you." Hal then said to Ayla.

"That was... simply amazing." he told her with a smile.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 07:05:50 )

Ayla just shook her head before pullign the tablet out of the bag she'd acquired.

Happy to help. was all she typed before handing it to Zeke and turning to the door. As he read it, she had left the room and was making her way down the hall, slowly, and with her hand on the wall to keep herself steady. She wasn't worried abotu the tablet, most people didn't come to interact with her, and there was the fact that it didn't even belong to her. It was owned by the one who she had been there with, the owner of the building, not her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 07:19:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she walked, she suddenly saw the tablet appear in front of her, and it started to fall slightly. She caught it, and saw there was a message on it.

Keep this for now. it said.

You need it to communicate. But thank you. It means more to me than you can ever think that you saved him. it continued.

Please. If there is any way we can properly thank you, let us know. it finished.

It was from Hal.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 07:22:42 )

Ayla just smiled softly before continuing on her path back to the dorm. Sadly, that path didn't go too well.

She reached some stairs and paused. She was sure going down was the right way to go, as she knew she was on a lower level of the building, but at the same time, for some reason she seemed to have a recollection of going down the stairs to get there. She wasn't sure which way to go, and in the end decided to go with her recent memory - she went up instead.

Adn that was only the first wrong turn.

About an hour later, she was leaning against a wall to try and catch her breath, while trying to figure out where she was within the building.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 07:35:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

About 45 seconds later, as she was prepping to start walking again... or trying to... a voice spoke to her.

"Hey, you okay? You look lost..." it said.

When she looked, she saw what looked to be a young man with dark brown messy jaw-length hair and green eyes.

But she could tell there was... more to him than met the eye... and it seemed to be under his hair, if she were to pinpoint it.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" he asked.

"Can I help you find where you're going?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 10:31:56 )

Ayla jumped as he said what he did, before standing up straighter and meeting his gaze. She held up a hand to say 'one second' as she grabbed the tablet again and typed something out.

I am lost. she confirmed And if you could help me out, I would be forever appreciative. she paused a moment before typing out her dorm number, so he knew where she was going.

If you can't, that's all right. I'll manage. If you can though, it would be greatly appreciated. I seem to have made a wrong turn somewhere, and cannot seem to find m way back

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 18:30:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man read the message, before looking at her and smiling with a nod.

"Sure." he responded.

"I can help with that." he told her.

"No problem." he assured her further.

"...yeah, you really DID take a wrong turn somewhere." he then mumbled.

"Are you all right to walk?" he asked.

"You look... well... winded. To understate it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 21:51:52 )

Ayla jus tnodded.

Yeah. I'm just tired. She answered with after a couple seconds.

Please, there is no need to worry about me. Lead the way, though. I would appreciate being able to sit down again. She finished.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 22:14:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He nodded in response.

"All right." he replied.

With that, he started to lead her to where her dorm was.

"I... wait, you're the wood elf, aren't you?" he then asked.

"It's nice to finally meet you." he said.

"I'm Illias." he introduced himself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 22:16:04 )

Ayla just nodded before sighing. She wasn't surprised that people knew of her presence there, as it wasn't the most common for a wood elf to be out of the forests.

Yes, that is me. She typed.

My name is Ayla. Pleasure.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 22:34:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Illias read what she typed, and smiled.

"Ayla. That's a nice name." he said.

He then paused for a moment.

"Ah!" he exclaimed.

"That didn't mean anything! I was merely saying her name was nice!" he seemed to argue... to nobody.

"Sorry, Helena thinks I'm trying to hit on you." he told Ayla.. as a snake emerged from beneath his hair.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 22:43:02 )

Ayla paused after a moment or two when she saw the snake. She didn't step back or anything, just quirked an eyebrow.

. . . . no offense, Ilias, but I'm... not really interested in being involved that much with a gorgon. I'm just not a huge fan of snakes. She paused before adding more to it.

I like them and all, but the idea of a snake in bed just makes my skin crawl, if I'm being honest.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 22:46:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Illias read the message, before chuckling lightly.

"It's cool." he said.

"I'm actually involved with someone already." he told her.

"It's just that Helena really likes the one I'm with, and can get a little... 'jealous-on-behalf-of-them-even-when-it-isn't-warranted'..." he said further, through slightly gritted teeth.

It was at that point, Ayla saw a few more snakes emerge from the hair, looking at her.

"Don't mind them, they're harmless." Illias assured her.

"We'll be at your dorm in a couple of minutes." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 23:19:00 )

Ayla nodded as Ilias commented about being at her dorm soon.

Good to know you found someone. Although jealousy is never an attractive trait - even if it is charming and a bit amusing. she typed out.

And thank you for helping me get back here. This building is a bit too large for an elf to navigate easily.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 00:28:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Illias laughed a little once more.

"True." he said.

"And yeah, it really is..." he agreed.

"It's pretty big. And it can be maze-like." he went on.

"The light-blue panels are meant to bring up a 3D holographic map of the building and area, but ever since we went on lockdown, they don't work anymore." he then admitted with a sigh.

"Anyway, we're almost there." he told her, as they turned a corner and things started to look vaguely familiar for her again.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 03:44:29 )

Ayla let out a breath of relief when the area started to look more familiar to her, but was silent.

Thank you, so so much. She typed before pasing him the tablet.

I can navigate from here. was also there, it was easy enough to believe she could, as she did seem to recognize her immediate surroundings again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 03:50:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Illias looked at her and nodded.

"All right." he replied.

"I can tell you know where you are now." he added with a light chuckle.

"Was nice to meet you, Ayla." he told her.

"If you're ever in the R&D department, let me know you're there." he said.

"You might enjoy a tour, or the gardens we have on the roof." he finished.

"...ow!" he then exclaimed, swatting at his head again. And this time, Ayla knew what it was about.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 04:02:18 )

Ayla just nodded before pausing a moment, not entirely sure what it was that the snakes she knew were there were getting at now. She figured that theyw ere for him to worry about, and that she probably shouldn't butt her nose in.

Hope your snakes don't cause you much in terms of problems. she typed and showed. After they said their proper farewells, she headed off to her dorm.

---

About a week and a half later, Ayla sighed lightly as she made her way into the cafeteria. She could at least get there without getting lost now, which she found a bit of an achievement. She still wasn't used to not being punished for getting lost. Hell, just being there, it was still sinking in that she wasn't in trouble with anything.

Although she was considering leaving. She had to find someone, after all.

But first, she wanted food, and to make proper plans for leaving. So she was at the cafeteria, getting herself a bite to eat.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 04:42:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She was mostly keeping to herself, when she heard someone sit down across from her.

"Hey." a familiar voice said.

"Mind if I sit here?" they asked.

"Or is this seat taken?" they asked further.

When she looked, she saw it was the one she'd helped earlier, Zeke.

And he looked a LOT better than before.

Though he still looked a bit sad and guilty.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 04:43:41 )

Ayla just motioned for him to take the seat. She didn't have an issue with it.

He's looking a lot better. She thought with a soft smile before resuming her own meal. She had nothing to say, after all.... even if that was primarily because she couldn't say anything. It was why she was planning to leave. She had to find her friend. He was the one who spoke for her.

She had an idea as to where to look though, at least.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.