Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unexpected Ally

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 02:07:08 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"We... we do." Lindsay replied.

"And... and I never thought I would ever see you again." he told the elf.

"Especially under such circumstances." he continued.

"Well, I can tell you right now, she's not talking because of some sort of mental or emotional trauma." he went on.

"...quite frankly, the real reason sickens me." he admitted.

"But everything Vanessa does has that effect on me."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 02:10:35 )

Angela was silent for moment.

"I found absolutely no evidence of damage to her ability to speak though." She commented.

"that's not to say that it's impossible thatthere would be nothing, but I just... couldn't find anything." She paused a moment.

"Do you have any idea on her name...?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 02:33:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Vanessa has tricky ways of getting her handiwork to fly under the radar, so to speak." Lindsay told her.

"It's not a statement on you, it's on Vanessa." he said.

"And her name?" he asked.

"Yes, I know it." he told her.

He then looked at the elf for a moment, before looking back towards Angela.

"It's Ayla." he said, before returning to looking at the elf.

"Ayla Aurae." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 02:36:07 )

"well.... at least we have a name." Angela commented with a light sigh.

"Do you know whether or not she's a threat?" She asked.

'I don't believe she would be." was Lindsay's response. Angela nodded.

"then, in the interest of doctor patient confidentiality, I'm going to leave you two be. If you need anyone for any reason, you know how to contact someone."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 03:37:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay merely nodded in response.

"Thank you." he replied.

With that, Angela left, and Lindsay sat down across from Ayla.

"Do you have a pen and paper handy?" he asked.

"Because I have questions for you." he told her.

"If you don't, I have a pad and a pen you can use." he offered her.

His voice was still shocked, but she could hear trust in it... as well as a gentle kindness that she hadn't heard in a very long time.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 03:46:35 )

Ayla was silent, but that was to be expected, before she just sighed. He ould tell there was a definite distrust, but also a resignation (along with surprise). For all she knew, he was there at the behest of the one that they both wanted to avoid.

She just reached for the tablet that she'd been given while there, and typed something up.

I have this. was all the message on the notepad said when she hadned it over to him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 04:06:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay looked at it, and nodded.

"All right." he replied.

"That works." he said.

"....well, there's some obvious ones, but let's start with the MOST obvious one." he continued.

"What happened?" he asked.

"You and your brother always seemed to be in Vanessa's good graces... your brother moreso, but still." he commented. "But what happened?" he asked.

"The scenario that was described to me in which you were found is very indicative of Vanessa just... well... abandoning someone."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 04:15:23 )

Ayla sighed, obviously not wanting to go into that.

She accepted the tablet back before typing, again.

'....... There is a bit of a pandemic occurring at the moment. Mistress is deciding to try and control a wider range of people via their familiars. While I was normally one to ... go along with her and her antics, once my Skylar was involved, I had to get out of there.

The problem though... is that Mistress found out (because of course she did), and sent Azari to.... dispose of me. Meaning I was beaten, battered, and not meant to survive. I managed to escape him, and I suppose he took pity on his sister, as he didn't follow me... but I cannot find Skylar. I fear they caught him.
She paused for a couple of seconds before adding more.

I can feel her mana still within me, as well. I cannot dispell it, I have tried, several times. I know she had been testing attaching her mana to one of her victims organs, something that cannot be removed, and I fear that she ma have done so to me without me having any recollection of that. Once finished, she handed the tablet to him so he could read it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 04:42:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay accepted the tablet and read... and as he did so, she saw the colour drain from his face, and genuine horror wash over him.

"Oh my God..." he said.

"That's... this is..." he stammered, looking at her.

"Ayla, this is horrible." he managed to say.

"This is beyond bad news." he went on.

"And to think it was your own brother that did this to you..." he then said.

"Though... I suppose the fact that he IS your brother saved you..." he mumbled.

"Ayla, I'm... so sorry this happened to you." he told her, sincerity obvious in his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 04:51:01 )

Ayla didn't say anything, as was to be expected, before sighing. She just shook her head, though, not actually saying (or typing) anything. She didn't have anything to add to that.

What was going on had been explained.

She couldn't lie though, she was worried that this was a set up. For all she knew, he was there to find her, to take her back to Vanessa... or to fiish her off himself. Of course, she also couldn't lie to him regardless, even if she was worried about her own wellbeing. It was one of the many traits that had been instilled (quite solidly at that) in her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 05:10:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay could see that she was a bit uneasy, and thought for a moment.

"Hey..." he said.

"I promise I'm not under her influence any longer." he told her.

"What about my brother?" he asked.

"Would you like to see him again?" he asked further.

"Just... to see how he's been doing since he escaped." he went on.

"Maybe help you see that you have nothing to fear from me... or us."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 05:31:53 )

Ayla didn't say anything to him in any manner. It wasn't something entirely surprising, but also wasn't something that he had expected.

--

They hung out and chat for awhile, with Ayla not saying much, not even through text.

Lindsay had spoken with his brother, and had given her a heads up that he'd be sending Ash to see her. It was something that he thought might do her some good, but also something that he thought might help his brother as well, even if he couldn't exactly pinpoint why.

He had told him to take something for snackage though, and that Angela would meet him at the entrance.

Sure enough, when he arrived he found Angela there, waiting fo rhim, and ready to take him and waht he'd brought to where they were going. Not that he'd been told outright, of course.

"Hey there, fighter. You ready to go?" She asked when Jake let him in.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 05:50:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just chuckled a little.

"Yep." he said.

"I'm curious to find out who it is." he told her as they walked.

"Lindsay's dropped some hints, but... I'm never been any good at decoding his cryptic speak." he admitted.

"Though, I DID bring food." he assured her.

And Angela could tell. The mini-cooler he had with him was emanating a wonderful aroma... almost mouth-watering.

"Been a while since I was here, last." he then commented, before pausing.

"Oh yeah, I remember running into an agent from here when I was hunting down a Plague-Strix. He seemed like he was injured pretty badly. He all right?" he asked, figuring the head medic here would know.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 05:53:47 )

"Yeah. He recovered." Angela answered. "Eventually." She added with a sigh.

"Took about three weeks to get that toxin out of his system completely though. " She added.

"But yeah. he's fine. Thankfully."

"So, have you been able to determine anything about what your brother wanted you come here for?" She asked as they turned down another hall.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 06:23:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just shrugged.

"Not really." he said.

"From all he's said to me, I've figured that... I dunno, MAYBE there's some tie-in with... Vanessa or something." he muttered.

"But that's highly unlikely." he continued.

"Not impossible, but... very unlikely." he went on.

"Besides, I don't even know who it would be." he then admitted.

"I mean, there's me, Lindsay, I know Ashleigh, Hazel..." he listed off.

"I don't know who else there would be that I would meet here under such circumstances." he shrugged.

"So... no real solid clue."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 06:27:27 )

"Well, you'd meet Hazel here." Angela commented.

"She's in the lab if you want to say hello at all." She added.

"As for who you're here to hsee..." She paused as they reached a door and she knocked on it. When there was a trio of knocks in return, she motioned for him to enter.

"You'll find out in here. Go on in."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 06:43:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was confused, but shrugged.

"All right." he said.

He then entered, and faltered for a moment when he saw the elf.

"A-Ayla!?" he exclaimed.

"What are you doing here!?" he asked her, clearly on edge... before noticing something, and pausing.

"Wait..." he muttered.

"What ARE you doing here?" he repeated, this time more inquisitive, and less accusational.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 06:52:13 )

When Ash had stepped in, Ayla had been making her way across the room to the small kitchenette with a couple of dishes. When she heard Ash's voice, she froze, and the dishes fell from her hand. She didn't say anything, which wouldn't be a surprise to anyone else, before turning to face him. As she did so, she made sure her scarf was in place, hiding the scarring around her neck.

She just waved, though. She didn't have the abolity to say anything, though.

... I'm guessing Lindsay sent him.. she thought, recalling how she hadn't entirely disagreed with the idea of meeting Ash again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 07:02:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...ah... huh?" Ash muttered.

"Ayla." he said.

"Uh... hey." he then said, waving back.

"Normally you have a lot to say. Especially to ME." he told her.

"What's with the silence?" he asked.

"Seriously. The silent treatment really isn't your shtick."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/9 07:04:52 )

Ayla just sighed before shaking her head. She held up a hand to say 'one moment' before grabbing what she needed to clean up the broken glass and porcelain, and quickly doing so. it took all of three minutes before she finished and made her way to the couch, sitting down and grabbing the tablet. She motioned for him to have a seat before she started typing. By the time he sat down, she was handing him the tablet.

I was rendered mute shortly after you escaped. After he finished reading and looked to her, she pulled the scarf down a bit, showing some of the rather brutal scarring.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.