Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums News & Updates Calling All Writers!!! (CLOSED!)

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 21:02:05 )
Good afternoon, Volties! Now that Voltra has opened its doors and established itself, we believe that it’s an appropriate time to pick up an additional staff member or two! If you’re interested in helping Voltra’s development and working behind the scenes, you’re in the right place.

Right now, as of September 2017, we are currently seeking interested applicants for a Writer position. Applications for this position will be taken for the few days, with the deadline for this application being September 16th, 2017 at approximately 12pm Central.

Information for this position is as follows:

Title: Writer [Event Focus]

Job Description and Requirements: Designing, planning, writing, and running site events in concert with a team of other writers. You must be able to work in a team, meet deadlines, and keep up with staff discussions and materials related to your position.

You must be capable of remaining professional while representing yourself as a member of Voltra Online, and you must be capable of discretion in relation to non-public information you will learn while working on Voltra projects.

Basic ability to work with google documents and use Discord is a requirement, as is a good handle on the english language. Experience writing dialog and playing characters is a plus, as is any prior event planning experience.

Benefits: Writers receive an Ohm grant on the first of the month in exchange for their services, in addition to the fun of being on the team and having a say in major projects prior to their public release.

Interested? Great! In order to apply for the staff position outlined above, please prepare the application noted below. As a reminder, we are accepting applications until Saturday, September 16, which means that you don’t have to rush this application if you’re interested--the position will not be given away before you can finish, so long as you can make the deadline. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to reach out here and we’ll try and provide as many answers as we are capable of.

Please make a copy of our Writer’s Application on google drive. Answer the questions in the copy of the application that you saved, set the copy to allow anyone with the link to view, and send that link to Fozzy in the discord. You can find his name linked in the official discord server for Voltra.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 21:07:52 )
Good luck to all the writers who will apply, we have some amazing writers on this site!

Voltie — G A A A Y Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 21:51:22 )
Ayyye, good luck, guys. I hope to see some writing soon!

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 22:00:00 )
Ayy, it's up! Hope to see some good applications! It's a super fun position!

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 22:42:12 )
Oh, and ps, feel free to ask any questions or bring up any concerns you have. We know the deadline is pretty short, largely because I'd like to install our new member in helping with an upcoming mini event (shh), so any way that I can help, I'm open to! And don't stress too much--as event planning, most of the job is helping design the events and write up event faqs and other relevant contests threads, etc, so if you have extensive practice setting up the heads and contests, your skill set is as valid as any other.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 22:45:33 )
MY TIME HAS COME

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 23:03:44 )
MY TIME HAS COME.

I mean, yeah, sure, I'll give it a try :P

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 23:26:39 )
Can't wait to read over your applications! :vanora_smile:

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 23:45:24 )
@Fozzy: @SlytherClaw: can I ask for clarification re: the easter event? Specifically will it be spring themed? I want to avoid any thematic overlap - don't wanna bore the Volties!

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 23:59:13 )
@sunny: The event doesn't have to be holiday themed. I would think of this as possibly a mini-event to hold Volties over until the larger event that's being developed. I hope that helps. Sly can also weigh in. :)
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — nyan? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 00:04:57 )
Good luck to all of those who enter!

sell me rigs please♥

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 00:20:02 )
@sunny: Fozzy was right! The event you're designing is a mini event that will be held prior to whatever we schedule over Easter break, so it shouldn't be an Easter event. It will likely end up being a lore event when we rework it with the winner, since as a writer they'll have access to all the secret lore things, but for now it's whatever you think would be interesting.

Donator — Anything Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 00:40:02 )
Good luck aspiring writers! If I had the time to dedicate to this I might take a swing at it, but I see some very promising applicants already! I don't envy the staff the choice ahead of them; it's gonna be hard to turn away anyone!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 01:13:46 )
@Fozzy:
@Slytherclaw:
Ah thank you both, that clarifies things a bunch!!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 02:04:30 )
Good luck to everyone to applies! I know I am going to~<3
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 02:05:49 )
good luck to all who enter
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 02:47:22 )
Good luck to all that enter
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 03:25:02 )
You bet your buttons I'll be applying! Going to work on that application right now!

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 04:04:33 )
Gizzie is very experienced with this type of stuff. I have hosted many avi events. I even once pulled a User Run Event out of the gutters with little time to plan due to a change in hosts. I would be very qualified for this job but my only flaw is......... I have no DISCORD. I have major issues with the whole thing and I dislike it. :vanora_cry:

Gizzie's card shop
Gizzie's banner shop

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 04:06:58 )
Unfortunately, discord is very much the staff hub, and is a requirement for the position we can't budge on, given how much is discussed, debated, and decided behind the scenes on the server. You're welcome to apply if you're willing to put up with discord for us, but we completely understand if it's not your thing!
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.