Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback Spring '20 Plasma Orb Feedback Thread

Npc — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/27 06:02:43 )

Spring '20 Plasma Orbs (RIGs)

Hey Volties!

Your feedback is always really helpful and much appreciated, so we want to continue this trend with our Spring '20 Plasma Orb sets! Your feedback will help us rethink how we design and create these items.

This season's Plasma Orbs are:

Common Orb Spring '20 / 3000 volts

Radical Shining | rare Q t e a p o n
Year of the Horse | common Frossy
Year of the Snake | common Q t e a p o n
Year of the Pig | common Q t e a p o n
Year of the Monkey | common Bean
Year of the Rooster | common Frossy
Year of the Goat | common Q t e a p o n
Ombre Afro Hair | very common Lilypoo
Ombre Cutie Tails | very common Lilypoo
Ombre Bun Hair | very common Lilypoo
Ombre Saucy Hair | very common ghost
Unique PC Window Border | very common ghost
*Item credits for very common items are for unique recolors and patterns applied to original item*
*A small selection of all special recolors and/or designs are shown in previews.*

Year of the Rabbit Plasma Orb / 150 ohms

Year of the Rabbit | rarest
Design: Kairu | Pixelist: Alethna

Year of the Dragon | rare
Design: Kairu | Pixelist: Alethna

Year of the Ox | uncommon ghost
Year of the Horse | common Frossy
Year of the Pig | common Q t e a p o n
Year of the Snake | common Q t e a p o n

Year of the Rat Plasma Orb / 150 ohms

Year of the Rat | rarest ghost
Year of the Tiger | rare ghost
Year of the Dog | uncommon Frossy
Year of the Rooster | common Frossy
Year of the Monkey | common Bean
Year of the Goat | common Q t e a p o n

Spring '20 Plasma Orb Collector's Bundle

Sightless Monk
Bean

Now we know that sometimes perhaps a set is not your cup of tea or doesn't fit your particular style, so try to look for things that we could use constructively. Like for example: If this pose was made this way and you could equip it like this then I would find use for that set more in my outfits. Or another example would be: This particular mod or pose is being repeated, I'd like to see x and y being offered as well.

★✩✩✩✩

In order to create a standard rating we will be doing a five star rating review. So for each set your reviewing do a 1/5 ; 2/5 ; 3/5 ; 4/5 ; 5/5 to let us know how much you like the overall set.

We are looking for feedback regarding the way the sets layer, originality, variety in poses, etc. But don't restrict yourself to these categories, those are just some suggestions for the direction you can take your feedback in.

We do ask that you try to keep your feedback constructive and don't just say "It looks bad, I don't like it." As it's not very useful to us.

Here is a template we put together for you to use.

[align=center][spoiler=[b]Common Orb Spring '20 (Overall)[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]]
[b]Radical Shining[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Year of the Horse[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Year of the Snake[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Year of the Pig[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Year of the Monkey[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Year of the Rooster[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Year of the Goat[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]x5 uniquely recolored/patterned commons[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=[b]Year of the Rabbit Plasma Orb(Overall)[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]]
[b]Year of the Rabbit[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Year of the Dragon[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Year of the Ox[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=[b]Year of the Rat Plasma Orb(Overall)[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]]
[b]Year of the Rat[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Year of the Tiger[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Year of the Dog[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=[b]Spring '20 Plasma Orb Collector's Bundle[/b]]
[b]Sightless Monk[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[/spoiler][/align]

Thank you for taking your time to write this feedback, you are being very helpful!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/27 07:09:49 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Radical Shining
★★★★✩
I like the pose with all the animal Chinese characters, I just wish there was an option to have it layer behind the avi instead of having all those characters clutter the front. The colors are nice, and the many hand pose is pretty cool. My biggest issue is the hand pose that comes with the top. It looks a bit strange. Aside from that, it’s pretty good.

Year of the Horse
★★★★✩
So horses scare the shiet out of me, and ironically I am the year of the horse. xD First off, I want to say kudos to the artist for pixeling an entire horse for a pose. The arm pose that rests at the side looks a little strange, and I thought the one on the face looks strange too until I realized it only works if it’s equipped WITH the hat. I do like the way the hat and the legs look.

Year of the Snake
★★★✩✩
This one reminds me of Jafar from Aladdin. I like the colorings, earrings and the head wrap, but it is kinda boring because it doesn’t have as many poses as the other items.

Year of the Pig
★★★★★
Super cute! I don’t even like pigs, but the little piggies are too cute to resist. I like the little pig bubbles, the piggy, the rainbow, and the pig costume’s pose. Even the pig ears are so adorable and well positioned. The recolors are done nicely too.

Year of the Monkey
★★★✩✩
I was kinda hoping we could get a small cute monkey with this one. It’s kinda bland, but it does go with the theme, and I like the colors.

Year of the Rooster
★★★★★
I really like all the poses in this one, and I think they def fit the theme. My favorite pose is the meaty rooster chilling on the head. xD

Year of the Goat
★★★★✩
I really love all the poses and colors for this item, and I don’t even like goats. The flower ground pose and the meaty goat are my favorites from this item. My least favorite is the goat body pose because the legs on that... look interesting. >__>

x5 uniquely recolored/patterned commons
★★★★★
I’m always excited to see what commons will get unique recolors because they never disappoint. I hope we get some bangs recolored next time.

Year of the Rabbit
★★★★★
Ok, so when I saw this one, I thought it would be the one I would love the most because the eyes are so beautiful. BUT when I equipped them, I realized that the eyes came with a weird colored nose and mouth that literally goes with NOTHING. I’m super disappointed that I can’t equip them alone. CAN WE PLEASE REMOVE THE MOUTH AND NOSE??? PRETTY PLEASE!!! ToT Or at least make them normal flesh colors?
I like the colors, the hair, the little rabbit, and the legs as well. I want to like the top, but oooooof, the lines for the hand are super bold for me. ;~;
Honestly, I really want to give this 5 stars even with the bold lined hands, but I’m just so disappointed in the choice to keep the eyes together with the nose and mouth, and also for the weird decision to color them (nose and mouth) like that so it’s hard to use. )x
Edit: So I’ve just now realized that the year of the horse, which is a common item, comes in so many different colors and versions... but for some reason one of the rarest items of the set can’t even get as much variety or have the eyes separated from the nose/mouth to make more poses. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

ALL IS WELL WITH THIS ITEM NOW, SO I AM TAKING BACK EVERYTHING I SAID. I love the eyes so much, and I love how we can equip them alone now and even mix and match an eye. I like how we have more skin tones with the shirt now, and that we can equip the bunny ears alone without the hair. I’m not even gonna complain that we can’t equip the hair alone, ya’ll have done enough. Thank you~ :’3

Year of the Dragon
★★★✩✩
I loooove the hair the most, but I’m sad that it doesn’t come without the horns or ears. ): I like the sword too and the top vest shirt (though I am iffy on the colors chosen for the vest shirt).
The big coat would be nice if the bottom didn’t poof out like a burst of air was coming from under it. The idea behind the legs is nice, but it kinda looks like it has a camel toe in the crotch area (sorry, I didn’t know how else to word it x__x). I like the tail and the colors behind it because it kinda reminds me of GoT, but the way the tail curves, the lines don’t look smooth. It’s not super noticeable since I only realized it when I was observing all the poses just now.
I would’ve given this 4 stars, but once again I’m disappointed in the missed opportunity to keep the hair, horns, and ears separate. They’re so nicely made too. T^T

Year of the Ox
★★★★★
I like that this one comes with hair and a nice jacket. The colors for it are pretty nice too. It goes with the ox theme too. :3

Year of the Rat
★★★★★
This one made me lol because it is the most furry item we have. Every pose in this is well made, and I like the colors. :) I could legit tell this was going to be Ghost’s work from the silhouette’s pose, and I was not disappointed because that hand in pocket pose is just bootiful. (I’m not into furries, so that jacket will be the only thing I will probs ever use, but I admire the nice details in the other poses all the same.)

Year of the Tiger
★★★★★
This is hands down the best item from the group, and RNG knows it, that’s why it’s being stubborn with dropping it for everyone. xD Those legs are just bomb! The recolors in this are the most appealing to me as well, since I love the rainbow and cotton candy colors. I was iffy on the ears and tail until I equipped them, but now I love them. The shirt is nice too, and I died because I think this may be the bustiest top for female avis. There is a slight layering issue with one of the sleeves when you try to use it with any jacket/coat. The mouth is the only thing I’m meeeeh for, and that’s because it’s not something I’d use. It’s still nicely made and I can see others using it. :3

Year of the Dog
★★★✩✩
I like the random furry flame poses on the hands, feet, and ears. The way the ears are drawn are a bit strange, but not too off putting. I like the recolors for this item, though it does kinda give me the feeling that this is a generic version of howling mad.

Sightless Monk
★★★★★
I was iffy on this one until I equipped it. The items are all actually pretty nicely made, and I can see them being used for a bunch of other styles. I like that it comes with many color choices. ^^

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/27 07:46:41 )

Radical Shining
★★★★★
A fun item. The arms are very well rendered and a cool concept. The outfit is cool too and well executed.

Year of the Horse
★★★✩✩
The horse is really nice. The cowboy poses are a little... hmm... how to put this... let's just say they do a lot more dancing than wrangling.

Year of the Snake
★★★✩✩
A little simple but solid. I can see myself using these accessories a lot.

Year of the Pig
★★★★✩
This is super cute! Some of the colorations make the pig emoji bubbles a little scary, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I like the decorations and the little care bear pig.

Year of the Monkey
★★★✩✩
This is a fun set. Some of the colors choices are a little odd (the pastel and the croco). I do love the others though.

Year of the Rooster
★★★★✩
Very detailed! I love the fat chicken on the head the most, but the feathers are really nice and I always like having more color options when it comes to wing things.

Year of the Goat
★★★★★
I LOVE GOAT FRIEND. I also can see myself using all the other parts. Red goat a lil scary.

★★★★✩
A good set of commons. Love the pastel borders.

Year of the Rabbit
★★★✩✩
This item is really cute, but I feel like the shading is very minimal compared to the other items. I would also have liked it to be more separated maybe so I could use say... just the arm pose or have the ears separate. The eyes especially are adorable but I wish I could have them separate without the mouth and nose.

Year of the Dragon
★★★★✩
I love the pose, it's very dynamic. Shading seems a little inconsistent, but the colors are nice. The hairstyle is really fun.

Year of the Ox
★★★★✩
Ahhhhhh, look at this beefy boy. I love the hair and the ears and everything about him.

Year of the Rat
★★★★★
This is a really good item. Everything is rendered well and the parts are easy to assemble and use for other things. It's also way cute.

Year of the Tiger
★★★★★
I love the lisa frank tiger. Super fun pose and colors.

Year of the Dog
★★★✩✩
This design is a little simple. It's cute, but the shading is almost not there and the outlines are a little choppy in some parts? I want to like this one more because the ears are a cute pose and lil dog friend is cute.

Sightless Monk
★★★★★
I love this one. I absolutely am going to use it a lot. The colors are good, the concept is good, the execution is good. Quality.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/27 20:53:48 )

Radical Shining
★★★★★
It's very cool and different. I especially love the symbols pose, because I personally love anything magical looking. The multi arms is amazing, and it comes in blue so I can be a Hindu deity now. OuO
Year of the Horse
★★★✩✩
It's really well made and interesting, just not my personal taste. I do like the arms a lot! And I appropriate the variety in horses! But I don't know that I'll use many of the poses, personally.
Year of the Snake
★★★★✩
It's very cool. I like the color choices and I love that it's so different from other snake items. I'm just sad there's not more poses.
Year of the Pig
★★★★✩
I love the carebears feel of this item. It's super cute! I wont probably use the pig emoji pose, so I'm a little disappointed so much of the item is that, but lots of people seem to love those poses so I don't think it's a popular opinion. XD
Year of the Monkey
★★★★★
It's really amazing! Very original design, fabulous color choices. A masterpiece!
Year of the Rooster
★★★★✩
I love this item! I love the fat little head rooster, and the rooster legs, and the tail feathers, and chest/neck feathers and the wing arms.
I do feel like the arms seem uneven though. The way the poses are, I personally think the left (our right) looks like a larger and longer wing. The other wing just looks stubby and uneven in comparison. I'd love to see them closer to equal.

Year of the Goat
★★★★★
OMG, goat body! and a baby goat! Too cute! I also love the grass and the leaves, its a great set of items that really work together!
★★★★★
I always love the hairs, and this time is no exception. Simply amazing!

Year of the Rabbit
★★★★✩
I love the little rabbit, I'm sad I can't wear his scarf though. The hands also only come in one skin tone, which is odd. Items are typically at least in light, medium, and dark even if not all tones. I can't help but think if you are choosing only one tone per pose it should be different natural for each pose, or unnatural colors. For instance, the rabbit faces include unnatural skin noses, the hands could match those...
Year of the Dragon
★★★★✩
The hair is amazing, but again we have a natural skin tone and it's only the one shade. The pony tail is a cool extra, and I love I can choose to have it or not. And I'm in love with the vest.

Year of the Rat
★★★★★
That rat body is the heckin' cutest! The ears and tail are cute (though it would have been nice to have some fuzzy rat tails also, they aren't really hairless typically) The hat and jacket are super cool. The hat is so tight on the head I do wonder if I can wear hair under it, but it looks cool.
Year of the Tiger
★★★★✩
The hair and tail and ears are all adorable and such great shapes. I love the style of the top and legs! My only concern is that the hair only layers in front of the body. I personally would have liked a version that goes largely behind so I can show off clothes.

Sightless Monk
★★★★★
Super cool, super original. I love all the color choices, all the poses, all the details! It's an amazing item!

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 02:11:37 )

Radical Shining
★★★★✩
It's a pretty good item. I like the forehead jewel, earring, Chinese characters, skirt, and arms poses. The fact that the arms come in blue could be useful for making an avatar based on a Hindu god or such. The colors are also nice overall.

Year of the Horse
★★★★✩
I absolutely love the horse/unicorn! I also like how many different versions there are. I expected there to be like three, so that was a really nice surprise. As for the rest of the item, I think it goes well with the cowboy/cowgirl theme. I'm not sure if I would use most of the poses much outside of a cowboy/cowgirl themed avatar however, except for the horse/unicorn and belt poses. On the other hand, I do like it when an item is made with a similar theme to a past item. For example, I think this item could go well with Rootin' Tootin' due to the similar themes.

Year of the Snake
★★★✩✩
I feel like this item is somewhat underwhelming. I appreciate the smaller accessories and the fact that it would probably pair well with the Snake Charmer item, but I feel like maybe it could have used one more pose to kind of tie it all together, if that makes sense. Maybe one larger pose or a pose around the middle of the body could have helped.

Year of the Pig
★★★★★
I feel like this is a pretty solid item, so I don't really have anything negative to say about it. It has a good variety of poses, and I like the fact that the bow from the pig suit is also available to be worn on its own. The poses are nice, and I love the little pig emoji bubbles.

Year of the Monkey
★★★★✩
I like this item a lot. To me it seems like it could be based on Sun Wukong, the monkey king, but I could be wrong. The only reason I really know about that story is because of the Korean show New Journey to the West after all. It would make sense though given the fact that it's a Chinese story and the theme for the orbs this time is the Chinese zodiac. I kind of wish it had at least one more pose since I like the them and it only has three poses, but I like the poses that it does have. I'm not sure if I'll find much use for the hat, but I can definitely see myself using the skirt and staff. Also, having items based on things from different cultures/countries and historical/traditional clothing in general is something that I like. Although, I saw some people mention that they would have liked a pose with a monkey, and I do agree that that would have been nice. You can never go wrong with more animals.

Year of the Rooster
★★★★★
Like the Year of the Pig, this is another one that I feel is pretty solid. I feel like it's definitely a good representation of a rooster. You have a rooster's legs, the wings, the tail feathers, the face in the form of a mask, and the rooster itself. The color combos are all pretty nice as well.

Year of the Goat
★★★★✩
First of all, I love items that give you the bottom half of an animal, so I'm definitely a fan of the half-goat pose. The legs look kind of weird to me though, especially after looking at some pictures of goats on Google. Actually, even compared to the legs of the goat pose from the item they seem odd. Speaking of which, I really like the goat pose. Like I said in my Year of the Monkey review, you can never go wrong with more animals. My favorite pose is probably the patch of grass and flowers on the ground. I really like scenery items and such. The little leaves on the head pose is a cute touch as well.

★★★★★
I always love seeing which commons get recolored, and the ones from this batch are all great. I don't really have much to critique here.

Year of the Rabbit
★★★★★
This is one of the items I was the most excited for after seeing the preview in the announcement. The reason I was excited for it was because I loved the eye pose. Then I found out that the eye pose was actually a facial pose complete with a colorful nose and mouth. That was disappointing. Very disappointing. Generally speaking, I don't like when an item has a pose that has all the facial features combined, unless there are also poses with them separated. In this case, the fact that the noses and mouths are the colors that they are makes it even worse. If they were at least default skin tones then maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but they aren't. Now, moving on to the sweater pose. All three colors of the sweater pose seem to use the same skin tone for the hand. I think it would be better if each color came with a different skin tone, like, for example, the legs of the Quinn item, or if it was like, for example, the Radical Shining, where each color comes with a few different skin tones. Other than those two things, the item is cute, and it will probably go well with the other rabbit themed items on the site~ With the new changes to the item I think it's perfect. Not only was a pose added that has the eyes separated from the face, but there are even poses with the left and right eyes separated as well. The ears were also separated from the hair and each other, which will make them much easier to use. It's also great that more skin tones were added for the hand!

Year of the Dragon
★★★★✩
I'll start with the hair. I like the fact that the hair and ponytail are separate poses, and I like the gradient coloring of the hair. I kind of wish the hair came without the ears though, and the ears have the same problem that the Year of the Rabbit had originally where the ears are the same skin tone for every hair color. The coat is nice. I like how it flares out at the bottom. The leg mods pose is also pretty good. I always enjoy leg mods. I love the sword as well, and the tail and top pose seem fine.

Year of the Ox
★★★★✩
The jacket is my favorite pose from this item. Other than that, the other poses are definitely very representative of an ox, and I'm sure I can get some use out of them.

Year of the Rat
★★★★★
I like this item a lot. The jacket pose with the hands in the pockets is particularly nice, and I also like the base, hat, and ears. I think all of the poses fit the item well, and the choice of colors is nice.

Year of the Tiger
★★★★★
This might be my favorite orb item from this batch. I love the colors, anything using the rainbow color schemes automatically gains bonus points in my book, and all of the poses. I also love gradients. The ears, tail, legs, shirt, hair, and mouth are all great! Also, I love cats, so there's a good chance that I'm going to like any item based on any type of cat~

Year of the Dog
★★★★✩
It's cute for sure, but like some others said it does seem a bit simple. I like the tail, ears, and furry flames poses the most.

Sightless Monk
★★★★★
I don't actually own this item yet, but it looks pretty good from what I've seen of it. Looking at the preview image in the OP, the bag pose is probably my favorite~

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 02:36:24 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Starlight: I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels like that about the rabbit item. T^T I get sad whenever I look at it in my inventory... Just so much of a missed opportunity with that item...

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 02:43:36 )

@Tsundererra: Yeah, I looked at it again while writing my review, and yep, still makes me sad

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 05:14:09 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Starlight: CHECK THE RABBIT ITEM NOW. THEY HAVE HEARD OUR CRIES!

THANK YOU TO WHOEVER DID THIS! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! ToT

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 05:15:57 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Q t e a p o n: OMG I THANK YOOOOOOU!!! I hope it wasn’t too much work. I know you guys are slammed with the inventory update.
I’m going to go change my review now. :’3

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 05:46:10 )

@Tsundererra: Aaah, yay! It's so much better now! And not just the eyes, but more skin tones and separated ears as well! I'm going to need to change my review too~

@Q t e a p o n: Thank you!!!

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 08:27:35 )

Radical Shining
★★★★★
Love everything about this one. Love the pastel colors. The forehead jewel. I love that there is lots of variety in this one. Beautiful colors.

Year of the Horse
★★★★✩
Beautiul! love the horses! Thank you so much or adding so many colors for the horses! THis is always a plus! <3 I give it minus one star because the legs are alittle to open for me I wish they were a bit more closed. Also wish the hat didn't cover the face so much. Overall Love it all. Love the colors.

Year of the Snake
★★★✩✩
I really like this one but I give it 3 stars because I feel it needs more poses.

Year of the Pig
★★★★★
Love everything about this one. So much to chose from. Kinda don't like the brown cloud but everything else is good. Thank you for more piggy items. I love piggies.

Year of the Monkey
★★★✩✩
Really love this one but it is missing poses. Like a monkey. Or Monkey something?

Year of the Rooster
★★★★★
Lovely! Love when you guys do feathered items! The colors are lovely! please more masks! thank you.

Year of the Goat
★★★★★
LOOOOOVEE! perect this one seemed to me like a rare item. <3

★★★★★
Nice love them.

Year of the Rabbit
★★★★★
Love it, Thank you or separating the eyes from the mouth. And ears. Lovely colors.

Year of the Dragon
★★★★★
5 because sword!

Year of the Ox
★★★★✩
Minus one star because I dislike hair blocking face D:

Year of the Rat
★★★★★
Perfect now we need a cat body. Or giraffe, or even a pat bod? <3
Year of the Tiger
★★★✩✩
Love it! but wish for other variety of color. and the mouth it a bit weird for me.
Year of the Dog
★★★✩✩
love it but needed one more odd color like pink.

Sightless Monk
★★★★★
Love it all. Anything traditional is welcomed! love love love culture stuff like this. Maybe next bring in some Aztec items. Day of the dead. Viking stuff.

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 22:52:16 )

Year of the Horse
★★★✩✩
hmmm this one is fun! But I am a sucker for cowboys ;w;
The realistic horse is a bit... jarring? especially with how chibi-like the avis here seem to be. Don't get me wrong, gorgeous detail! Just unsure how anyone could have it blend nicely with a avi they'd make considering the detail difference from avi to horse.
I loooove the hats, just kinda wish they were higher up on the head? So you could see the face >u<;;
the colors are very nice!

Year of the Pig
★★★✩✩
This one is cute :>
The ears are adorable and I like the rainbow clouds!
This might have been a cut and saving problem but the dark purple bowtie is sitting on a different part of the body than the rest of the bowties? it kinda irks me xD
The brown cloud... is an interesting choice for color '3'
But I do love the brown piggly wiggly :0
The rest of the color choices are real nice!

Year of the Monkey
★★★★✩
I looove the color combos here ;0;
The items are really nice! But it doesn't really read monkey to me?
It reads more like "monk"-y hahaha aaah puns >u>;;
But awesome item nonetheless~

Year of the Goat
★★★★★
If I could give 10 stars I would! :0
I love this item oodles and oodles!
The color combos are super duper cuuute!
The goat butts are friggin adorable! the gentle little goat hooves on the body I can't even! so niiice!
The patches of grass are so endearing and I can tell that it'll lead to some fun background layering! *u*

Year of the Ox
★★★★✩
I love the hair style! I love how beautiful those curls look!
Love the droopy ears! A little disappointing that there are two black horns with just different color dips (unless I'm looking at them wrong.) ;3;
I like the team jackets! Got some classic varsity colors going on, I can appreciate that! :D
I wish there was a pose that you can have the nose-ring sans the nose >3<;;

Year of the Tiger
★★★★★
hnnng the coloooorrrsss, the person who chose and saved the colors for this item needs a raaaaiiiseee ♥♥♥
They did such a good jooob!
The artist who created this item should get a raise to!
This item excited the scene kid inside of me xD
The hair is big and colorful and I love it! Though it did eat up a lot of the torso ;3;
Maybe just have the rainbow raccoon tails hanging over the shoulder if possible? regardless I love this item so much I don't really care lmao
The poofy ears and poofy tail!!! super cute! ♥
Love the leg pose!

Year of the Dog
★★★✩✩
A lot of neutral colors in this one. It's not bad at all, but a bit bland to look at?
I love the smoke poofs! I can see that particular accessory coming in handy often!
The ears oh goodness the eeeeaaars! love them ♥

I'm gone babyyyyyyy~~~
You can find me on
DV // TH // Lasria
....Sry I don't do discord....

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/4 23:46:50 )

Radical Shining
★★★★✩
I love this one, those arms will definitely be intensely useful. Only real problems with this have are the fact there isn't a marshmallow or cloud recolor in the set and the actual hands of the character look a lot less refined, they have some weird shading going on the edge of them.

Year of the Horse
★★★★✩
Colors are well organized in this one and the horses look amazing (great work Fossy!). The layering of the hand on the hat should be changed so it actually looks like it's holding the brim of the hat and the hand on the leg should be adjusted so it looks more like they're putting the thumb in the pants pocket.

Year of the Snake
★★✩✩✩
I love snakes, which makes this one a little disappointing in my honest opinion. Again, nice colors (I don't own this one so I can't talk on the recolors), but it feels really lacking for something with snakes. Snake Charmer makes up for what this one is lacking, which is sad since it's a whole different set. It definitely seems like a good fit for a volt orb but does not belong in an ohm orb.

Year of the Pig
★★★★✩
Super duper cute! Nice color choice. The rainbow and bow look weird with that dark strip on them. We need more of those speech/emotion bubbles!

Year of the Monkey
✩✩✩✩✩
I'm assuming this one is the top right image in the previews. It doesn't represent a monkey, unlike all the other animals that come off clearly as to what they are. It doesn't look very usable, pretty boring. Adding a monkey companion would've helped a lot.

Year of the Rooster
★★★★✩
This one made me giggle a bit, it's a funny set. I love the body mods for this one, they're very unique and could be pretty useful. I also enjoy that chonky rooster up there.

Year of the Goat
★★★★★
I LOVE this one! I love the cute goat with the little plant in his mouth, the Satyr-like lower half is very soft-looking, I like the recolors that are included, the ground piece is beautiful, so many great pieces that will find a bunch of use in the future!

★★★★✩
Not much I can say on these, they're well-done recolored/patterned commons.

Year of the Rabbit
★★★✩✩
The face is really weird, seperating or recoloring the seperate face parts would probably be best, looks like it consists only out of items directly taken from Vyc's Modz, and doesn't match the vibe or colors of the rest of the set. Disregarding the weird face, the colors are well put together and the items in it are cute. It doesn't feel like a "rarest" item in an ohm orb, but feels much more at home here than the Snake set.

Year of the Dragon
★★★✩✩
Very nice, another bit of good color choice. The tail is a big tangent-y with the side of the coat. I don't get enough "dragon" vibes off of this one but I can at least understand that it's a Year of the Dragon set.

Year of the Ox
★★✩✩✩
This one has one of those issues of being made of commons, not including the jacket. It feels too simple to be in an ohm orb, especially a rare one.

Year of the Rat
★★★★✩
Cute cute cute cute cute!!! I love this one, although I mostly think it's the skin that's winning me over. He's just so fluffy looking! Nice, pleasing colors, but the theme doesn't feel entirely consistent between the clothes and the actual rat part.

Year of the Tiger
★★★✩✩
I wouldn't really be able to guess this was a tiger set, but I still love it regardless. The fluffy hair, the tongue, the whole stripey deal. Stripes, man, can't go wrong with 'em. The tail's stripes feel inconsistent with the rest of the set's stripes.

Year of the Dog
★★★✩✩
The dog in this one look really weird, but I can't really put a finger on what's wrong with it. The pants look pretty common but the rest looks fitting for a unique set. The trails for the smoke on the ears look strange, especially when the actual puff part gets cut off, they look like stray threads flowing off of an old shirt.

Sightless Monk
★★★✩✩
This one is alright, doesn't seem too too special, but definitely doesn't feel like commons. The color combination is a little odd but I'm not entirely sure why. The accessories are cute and look pretty useful, like that bag.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 05:24:23 )
Just a fyi for the year of the monkey since so many seem so confused about it.

Monkey King is a chinese legendary character. So since it was chinese zodiac themed then I thought it would fit.
Sorry you guys didn't get your monkey, but it was a limit of 3 poses so I went with the current poses :) Thanks for the feedback

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 05:55:42 )

@Bean: Aah, I was actually right! Like I said in my review, I thought it was Sun Wukong related right away thanks to having watched New Journey to the West. I really like the fact that you based the item on a Chinese character for the Chinese themed orbs~

★~~Questing~~★

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 06:01:30 )
@Starlight: Yeah I saw and it made my heart so happy you got the reference ; w; <3
So thank youu, I was a bit worried no one would get it, but i'm happy some did!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.