Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 22:17:21 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

@Totalanimefan: yeah i think the only thing that was sold to me was actually an art request; so it really behaves more like a mini shop than an actual exchange thread XD

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 22:22:12 )

@Totalanimefan: You're like Voltra's Fairy Godmother :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 22:24:53 )

@Vixen: Sometimes the exchange can be so slow. RIP. I feel like people don't think about looking through the exchange enough.
@sunny: lol nnnnoooo. I just like opening orbs and playing with the exchange. It's been a bit tougher since the Raxton hasn't been around to update the price guide.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 22:26:27 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah that is a shame that it's so out of date :( maybe someone could take it over? I hope Raxton is doing okay! Do you know anything about why they stopped coming online?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 22:27:28 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah sounds about right; but the forums seems somewhat slow just in general for non-event times

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 22:33:14 )

@sunny: I was in charge of a past price guide for a while, but it's such a pain to update XD I don't know why Raxton stopped, but I feel like the last time he was on was late Feb. You don't think it has something to do with Corona do you? :(

@Vixen: Ever since this last event ended, I'm like where are the people? I guess college aged people are studying for finals and anyone who works retail is probably super busy atm. Before the event I would normally have like 5+ different people coming into this thread daily even if it was just for one post. ^^;

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 22:35:24 )
Maybe we need a new price guide.
Not that I want to do it... I’m so behind in my guide >.<

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 22:40:06 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah end of year is usually a quieter time just in general. i guess people are prepping for holidays and larger family stuff at this point.

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 22:40:40 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh I hope not! That would be terrible. He's probably busy with IRL stuff.
I can't imagine how much work a price guide would take :O It would be great if someone would be willing to take it on, but it's a huge ask :O

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 22:42:22 )
The price guide wouldn’t be too too bad if you used the one that’s stsrted already. Except it’s not up to date. >.<

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 02:07:02 )

@Lina: At this point I think it needs like 8 months worth of items added to it.
@sunny: Once it's already set up it's not that bad. It's the set up and adding the new items that sucks.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 02:07:48 )

@Vixen: That's true. I wasn't thinking about family time since I'm sure a lot of people won't be together this year, but people still spend time with their family over zoom and things like that.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 02:15:34 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

i'm curious but do yall follow set prices for orb rarity ??
like crates are typically 5k when they come out ... how do yall usually price orb items ?
they seem to vary quite a bit , part of it is demand too not just rarity

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 02:16:07 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah i was thinking that just because it isn't in person doesn't mean you aren't "hanging out" with them over other means. and anyone living with immediate household might have some stuff to do anyway.

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 02:22:03 )

@xvz: Demand does play a big effect on the orb prices.
I would say it's like this in my mind
2.5k-3k for the most common orb items
4-7k for the next rarest (I think they are called Uncommon?)
8-12k for the rare (more if it's popular and no one is selling)
14-16k, for the rarest but sometimes all the way up to 20k for the rarest.
For example, when the Yes, The Dark Master came out everyone wanted one and right away it was going for 20k. The rare Radical Shining wasn't really a hit with people and I've seen it sold for less than 14k a few times. But those prices are a good starting point I would say.
EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot about the Collector item. That's 25k at least.
EDIT 2: With the prices I'm talking about the orb when it's in season. Obviously older items that you can't get anymore can go up in price.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 02:23:28 )
When an orb is currently available in the shop I usually price items like this:
Very common: 1-2k
Common: 3k
Uncommon: 5k
Rare: 10k
Rarest: 20-50k
Collector: 25k+
But sometimes items seem more or less rare on the market

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 02:23:41 )

@Vixen: Yeah I didn't think of it that way, but even I've been spending time zoom meeting with my friends or FaceTiming my family. Do you spend a lot of time video calling friends or family?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 02:26:01 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

oohhh helpful, thanks all for sharing ur prices! i gotta copy/paste these somewhere for reference lol

if i see someone selling for really high i'm like oh i think that should be lower / i wouldn't pay that much, but i'm scared to accidentally lowball?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 02:33:30 )

@Totalanimefan: nope; probably will have a couple of virtual hangouts with friends and nice food with the immediate household.

I am not an actual NPC.

please @ me

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 02:45:49 )

@xvz: they might not know the price either. And of course the prices we gave are for recent orbs. If it is a really old, rare one I would say up to 50k could be right.
You could say I’m not quite sure of the price but I thought ___ would be a good offer. Will you sell it to me for that much?
@Vixen: do you guys play games with you hang out? My friend group has tried among us before, jackbox games, and then sometimes we just chat.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.