Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 22:50:11 )

@Totalanimefan: Lol I understand!
I'm sure it will be soon. Within the next few days I bet.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 22:55:32 )

@sunny: I'm betting it will be within the next few days too, and I think they will ok the same one.
I think the FDA was looking into the vaccines this week.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 22:57:28 )

@Totalanimefan: Yep, there are quite a few vaccines going around atm. It is kind of overwhelming tbh, but I am glad to have some good news for once!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 22:58:55 )

@sunny: Yes it really is. I forgot what this felt like. XD (I did get good news with the Biden win)

I just sent my updated resume for me to be transferred to the DC office of the temp company I work for. I'm a bit nervous. I hope I find a job that's a good fit for me and that lets me work from home.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 23:04:23 )

@Totalanimefan: Good luck with that! I hope you find a decent job too. Are there lots of jobs available in DC?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 23:18:59 )

@sunny: Thank you and there are a ton of jobs in DC! I just have to find one that will hire me, but the temp place will help me with that. I also want to know how to get a federal government job. That would be nice

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 23:22:27 )

@Totalanimefan: I suppose it is the capitol city after all lol.
That sounds so intriguing. What kind of government job?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 23:24:49 )

@sunny: I think I would like to be a Contracts Admin. That's what I was at my last assignment and I really liked it. So you work with a legal team (but you aren't a lawyer) and then you send out the legal contracts to be signed and then when they come back to you, you upload them to the system, distribute them to whoever needs to from your company and then close the case.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 23:26:44 )

@Totalanimefan: So like an office job? I don't know much about admin work lol. I hope you get the job you want. It sounds like you are really interested in that field of work, I am crossing my fingers for you. When will you be able to apply for jobs? Or does the temp agency do that for you?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 23:29:23 )

@sunny: Yeah it would be an office job, but I'm hoping that during Covid I would be able to work from home since it's risky to work in an office.
I went through my temp agency, so they will see my resume and they have companies reach out to them and say we need someone like this, and if my temp company thinks I'm a good fit they will ask me if I want to take the job after telling me about it. I can say yes or no.
The job is temp, so often it's only for a set amount of time. Sometimes that's a week, and sometimes it's 3 months. It just depends.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 23:31:28 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh I see. At least that way they will only put you forward for jobs they think are good fits for you?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 23:32:50 )

@sunny: Yeah exactly. I think that will be a good way to get into the job market here because it's different than the one in CA where I used to live. Also the pandemic makes it harder too.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 23:41:18 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah I can imagine :( but the pandemic should be over soon, or at least improved :( I only ever had two jobs in my life, one of them was in an office doing secretary type work.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 23:42:31 )

@sunny: Yeah this is that. The new name for secretary is an administrator or admin for short. So I would be like an secretary for the legal contracts.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 23:46:57 )

@Totalanimefan: that does sound interesting tbh! Good luck with it.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 23:49:04 )

@sunny: Thank you! I'm hoping it will come with good pay too, but I care more about a good place to work.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/3 00:06:01 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah true, I wouldn't be able to stick around in a job if it wasn't a good fit for me. That's why I quit my last job. There was sexual harassment and everything (not to me). Obviously that is an extreme example but yeah, be careful.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/3 00:27:55 )

@sunny: That's awful! I could never work in a place like that. Good for you, for quiting. I have worked in some crappy work places before. Never that, but lots of jobs where the workplaces weren't safe (like an a lab, but I was in the billing department), or the boss treated me different (two different retail jobs). I never want to work in a place like that again. I think that it really set me back. I'm like afraid to try new jobs because I'm afraid the boss is going to pick on me. It shouldn't be that way though.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/3 00:46:43 )
Okay! I made a list of all the items I need to add to my color guide. It seems daunting... >.<

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/3 00:51:49 )

Have fun with your color guide. I'm sure all the work will pay off and it will be amazing!

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.