Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 02:53:37 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

@Totalanimefan: depends on the group; we tried jackbox a few times, but we don't play it often. sometimes it's among us; i mostly just talking though or stream something to watch as a group

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 02:58:19 )

@Vixen: I thought that after a few round among us got old quick.
And jackbox is much more fun in person :/
Maybe we could stream a movie together. I miss being able to sit around the table and play board games together :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 03:00:57 )

@Totalanimefan: among us is mildly entertaining if you're really good at lying lol; i didn't really play because i didn't want to download more stuff. most of my friend groups gather on discord, so we can stream stuff there. sometimes we play videogames, but that depends on who's playing what. there should be online versions of boardgames i think? i know some dnd groups are doing all their stuff online only, complete with digital dice lol

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 03:42:38 )
I got distracted making avatars...
>.<

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 04:06:20 )

@Vixen: You might have guessed that I am not good at lying, but good thing is I'm very used to the games were someone is a spy and I just stay quiet and do my own thing where I'm on the team or the spy. The important thing is to not seem different every time you play the game. Sometimes people just think I'm the bad guy no matter what even when I'm good and I get kicked out lol
There are some online board games but then normally everyone has to buy it and we have some cheap people in our group. They don't want to pay for anything to play lol. Also the board games we tend to play aren't like the main stream ones you see at Walmart or whatever so they don't have an online version. RIP.
I know that a lot of DnD groups are meeting online, but DnD is also popular online since sometimes it's hard to find other nerds.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 04:28:52 )

@Totalanimefan: hm if anyone has a good camera, in theory you could have one person control all the physical pieces and stream that game. idk if it really works out though, since i'm not much of a board game player.

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 04:30:46 )

@Vixen: That would work out in some games. In other games people would see what others had an F them over lol
Like fun enough that would work out well in Pandemic lololol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 04:32:07 )

@Totalanimefan: ah i think i played pandemic once it was was utter chaos lol

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 04:33:11 )

@Vixen: It's a tough game and there are soo many options. It's a lot to take in even though everyone is working together.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 04:34:16 )

@Totalanimefan: how funny is the game pandemic in these...uh..current times?

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 04:34:19 )

There was another game that I played like that, where it's stacked against you but everyone works together. It was about WWI and the art was by the same person who does the art for Charlie Hebdo but I can't remember the name. It's really depressing. Almost everyone dies no matter what.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 04:36:33 )

@Totalanimefan: "everyone dies no matter what"... wow that got depressing really fast :o
what sort of odds are stacked against you?

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 04:41:06 )

@Vixen: Well yeah, it's a game about being a young solider in WWI.
Things like drawing from a stacked deck there are cards where you lose a limb, and you have certain cards that give weapons and something else. I played this for one day like 3 years ago, but after about 3 play throughs we put it away. Cause it was grim and hard to win.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 04:44:17 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah that sounds too morbid for my liking. ...i like games like candyland LOL

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 04:44:50 )

@Vixen: What a casual. jk jk
I think that we can all agree that the worst board game is Monopoly. F that game.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 04:46:44 )

@Totalanimefan: LOL i don't play board games...like at all. I don't even understand the point of monopoly. Like until someone told me to take over the squares and charge people money, i thought the point was to go in a circle around the board LOL

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 04:55:57 )

@Vixen: Yeah when I was younger I didn't get it either. You are supposed to buy property and then when people land on it they have to pay you money and you pretty much have to make everyone else lose all their money and then you win. It's dumb and the game takes up way too much time. Plus it always ends in a fight.
I honestly don't know why it's popular and I think that it gives board games a bad rap. People think board game night and the picture a family stuck playing one game for 4 hours that ends up in a fight. Not great.

I did get one Kickstarter boardgame late 2019 that was fun. It's called Corporate America and basically you buy these companies that are apart of a lobbying group. Like Healthcare, Energy, Communications, Sin, Housing, etc. All of these companies earn you money when their lobbing group is drawn. If you have multiple companies that do the same thing you get synergy bonuses (ei, extra money). When it's your turn you draw a card and it will be a lobby. You can pick to keep that group or take your chance and draw the next one. To draw again costs money. However people in the game can bribe you to keep the card out or can bribe you to change it. Like if you had 3 housing cards and on another players turn they draw housing, you could say I'll give you half my earning to keep it out, and someone else could say I'll pay you $5 to change it. Also you can run for President and Presidents start the rounds that can enact laws. The laws can help or hurt people. Do either you can pay to F everyone else (but then they could end you) or you can try to get people to pay you big with bribes. It's a lot of fun.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 04:59:30 )

@Totalanimefan: ohhhh that seems complex but really entertaining

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 05:04:32 )

@Vixen: Good thing is that the rule book is very simple. We a play with one set of friends they always want to run for President. We just let him be it because it doesn't guarantee that he will win (but it does help) but he remembers when you done him wrong so you don't want to mess with that XD
I also remember that one time I won by $2 (the winnings are normally in the $100's) because I asked for a dollar more from someone else and that made him down $1 and me up $1. XD

What do you guys watch when you stream stuff as a group?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 05:15:39 )

@Totalanimefan: LOL that's one way to do it XD we just watch anime or movie. we're on kaguya sama love it war season 2

I am not an actual NPC.

please @ me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.