Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/24 21:54:40 )
@Kory: i completely get that. i also have severe chronic depression and general anxiety disorder that's pretty bad, so literally everything makes me anxious unless i can do it without thinking about it too much. Also, ADHD makes things difficult to do too. yay for neuro divergence! Fortunately, i have only a few more loads of laundry to do before it's all done.

@Totalanimefan: Thank you!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/24 22:21:24 )

@Alorrena: It's no problem. ^^ Enjoy your new items ^^

@Kory: I'm sorry to hear that. I had a panic attack last week too. I'm thinking about going to a Dr to help with my anxiety. It's having a hard time sometimes with adjusting to life during a pandemic, post vaccine. I hope that the medicine really works for you. I know that you have to keep with it for a while when trying new drugs. Your body has to get used to them.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/24 22:42:55 )
@Kory: I mean, at this point a diagnosis is probably more for peace of mind rather than having that question in the back of your mind. I also have issues with certain textures, and stim a lot when anxious or excited, but i'm pretty sure that might also fall under adhd too. A lot of symptoms of different mental disorders overlap frequently, so i think it's just a question of how many boxes can you check off in the list. My trans sister has autism and she doesn't stim like what most people would expect. Actually, i don't know if i've ever seen her stim to the point that i'm actually aware of it.

If you're having side effects from a medication such as dizziness, talk to your prescriber about it or your pharmacist. They'll be able to tell you if that's normal or a common side effect, and whether or not they think it would go away. It could also be an indication of too high or too low of a dose of the medication.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/24 23:48:06 )

@Kory: Thanks. They really aren't fun.
I heard that it can take 6 weeks to 2 months but I think it depends on the medicine too. That's just what my Dr told me when I was on an anti-depressant.
I totally agree with those pandemic related struggles. Like why it is so hard just to spend a day outside. To see friends, or to have someone over. I've always loved my friends and having people over but now I just feel like it's a lot. Plus the state of the world atm is not good. I hope that things get better for you and if you feel like the meds are taking awhile you could always talk to you dr about it.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/24 23:49:38 )

Whelp I just slipped on a step in my house and I landed on my knee. It hurts just as much as when I also fell and landed on my knee (at work, this time at home) so I'm thinking I'm going to have to see a Dr and I won't be able to walk much on it. Also last time they told me to avoid stairs, but I have stairs in my house now...so I don't know what to do.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 00:14:25 )
@Alorrena: it's ok. it was late. No rush,

@Totalanimefan: omg i'm sorry you got hurt.

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 00:33:26 )
@Kory: It sounds like the "you'll get used to it" means that it's not going to go away and you'll eventually figure out how to ignore it. i hate that answer. i also hate, "oh that's normal" as an answer with no further explanation or anything. Adhd is also something that can be difficult to diagnose, especially if the parents or guardians of the child are against psychiatry.

@Totalanimefan: Ouch!!! i hope you're okay! As for the stairs, go up and down them on your butt! (i've had a LOT of sprained ankles. it looks funny but you gotta do what you gotta do!)

@DreamerZ: it was late, yes. and yet i still ended up being awake until 7:30 am, but most of that was cause i had a headache that got worse if i turned my head a certain way, which unfortunately was the only way i could comfortably lay down. I ended up using my husband's pillows in addition to mine plus a stuffed animal i use as a pillow, in order to prop my head up in the only position where my head didn't hurt.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 01:05:57 )
Hello everyone, i hope everyone is doing well

@Totalanimefan: I’m looking to buy!
What are you looking for: Marshmallow Baroque Bottom Cherry (600),Marshmallow Baroque Top Cherry (550) Wild Mane Cloud (825)
What’s the cost: 1,975
I promise to use these volts as a gold sink!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 01:22:32 )

@DreamerZ: Thanks. I booked an appt with the Dr for tomorrow at noon. Normally a take the bus there, but since I can't walk I'm going to get a Lyft.

@Alorrena: Yeah it sucks. And when looking at this house I was like I don't like homes with a step up into the kitchen. It feels unsafe. And what do you know, I slipped on the step up and felt. I have slipped one the stairs once, but that was on my back. I was ok. No need to see the Dr for that. Also see my reply above.

@AngelicTeaTime: Of course. I'll send a trade. Thanks for using the charity.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 01:25:53 )
@Totalanimefan: as soon as i get better on here will certainly try to return the favor!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 01:31:35 )

@AngelicTeaTime: Aw thank you. You totally don't need to do that. I've been here since Day 2 and I post a ton. I started this charity because I had too much pure lol.
But in the future when you aren't a newbie, you could pay it forward and make someone else's day ^^

How are you doing by the way?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 01:32:51 )
@Totalanimefan: will certainly do so! and doing great slowly getting ready for bed on my side, tomorrow up early for groceries and you?

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 01:33:14 )
@Totalanimefan: i hate when you think something bad could happen and then it does. and i meant i hope you're okay as in don't need surgery or anything like that. my mom slipped on some ice a few years ago and had to have a partial knee replacement.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 01:41:34 )

@AngelicTeaTime: Oh what time is it for you right now? I like going shopping for food. I always get myself a little treat like pre-cut fruit.
I'm resting my knee. I slipped and fell and hurt it.

@Alorrena: Totally! And of course it happened the day before company is coming. At least I already cleaned their bathroom and all their towels and bedding. I hope that I don't need anything like that! How is your mom's knee doing? Last time this happened I needed a brace and I had to stay off it for two weeks.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 01:47:34 )
@Totalanimefan: oh of course! always happens at the most inconvenient times! Her knee is okay. she also has a bone spur in that knee so going down stairs is a bit painful, and hills are a bit painful to walk up and down too, but for the most part she's fine. She luckily doesn't live anywhere with stairs, and my sister's apartment has an elevator, so mom doesn't really have too many issues.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 01:51:30 )

@Alorrena: That does sound really painful. I've lived in this house for just over a year and it's the first place I've ever lived in that was two stories, and I'm not really the biggest fan of that (also the one step up step in the kitchen). I'm moving in a few months and in the fall a condo that I bought will be finished being built and my husband and I will move in there lol. It will also be a lot warmer in the winter and have a lot more sunlight.
How are you doing today?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 02:08:08 )
Totalanimefan:

@AngelicTeaTime: Oh what time is it for you right now? I like going shopping for food. I always get myself a little treat like pre-cut fruit.
I'm resting my knee. I slipped and fell and hurt it.

@Alorrena: Totally! And of course it happened the day before company is coming. At least I already cleaned their bathroom and all their towels and bedding. I hope that I don't need anything like that! How is your mom's knee doing? Last time this happened I needed a brace and I had to stay off it for two weeks.

currently for me its 02:07 ish i better get to bed lol i got lost in the jigsaw puzzles

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 02:10:51 )
Wishing everyone a good day/night for now...bedtime for me sweet dreams everyone for later

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 02:18:37 )

@AngelicTeaTime: Yeah that's late for you! It is 9:18pm for me. Sleep well and I'll talk to you later

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 02:22:01 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm... tired, honestly. I've already done 4 loads of laundry, i have one in the drier and another in the wash, and then half a load left of clothes, plus i need to wash a pillow my husband bled on (bloody nose last night), and the comforter we have for when our girlfriend comes to visit. it was in the closet for a while so it needs washed lol. BUT! once i get all of that done, the only thing i have left to do is to clean our bathroom and put away my makeup/wash my makeup brushes. and i can do a load of dishes tomorrow, and finish cleaning the living room and then i will just have to finish packing for my trip on sunday at some point.

@AngelicTeaTime: have a good night!
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.