Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ♥ Vintage Roses -♥- Let's Chat ♥

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 19:56:03 )

:plasma-orb:
-----------------------------
@rosehip:
Man, I went crazy on the Marketplace. I'd get absolutely hundreds of low-balled items a day, easy! And just sit on them, like a dragon on his hoard.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 20:03:25 )

@Avocado: Lmao same tho. And recently, that crap is CRAZY. Something that's affordable in the morning will have skyrocketed to absurdly expensive by evening, and if you play it right, you can make a pretty penny that way.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 20:04:01 )

@Avocado: A pet shop? Hmm not really tbh there's a lot of ground I need to know more about this site, like crates and stuff (I'm learning them atm) Good thng there's guide of the monthly existing crates already and I check some forums that older users who are willing to sell them. I'll prob be more open on posting my art atm.

@rosehip: Yep definitely but you know there's no need to rush maybe along the line I'll open an artshop who knows xD
Plus my priority rn is to earn a lot of volts as possible, is good that bump threads is a thing owo

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 20:07:06 )

@PurpdaBurpPurp: Tbh, I wanna open an art shop so I can list items as payment >w>

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 20:10:19 )

@rosehip: oooh! ouo
I say go for it! That definitely makes things easier~

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 20:14:21 )

@PurpdaBurpPurp: I'm still trying to get my pricing straightened out tho. Not everybody is gonna wanna pay in items, so I need regular currency prices too.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 20:22:05 )

@rosehip: I see I usually lurk on other art shops and see how they do it to give me insight (ugh this sound bad >.<')
I suggest to make a bump thread on Undercurrent too, it maybe repetitive but it will help a lot also. So far I heard you get 10 volts per post only to my experience, you post an emoji with two characters.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 20:25:54 )

@PurpdaBurpPurp: Nah, I totally get inspiration from other shops too lmao. I'm looking around like "is there some kinda status quo I gotta stick to?? and social faux pas I should avoid??" and just generally suuuper overthink the whole thing lmao

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 20:30:06 )

Generally, I like to price things based on the donation currency, and translate that for the going price of site currency. So, for example, an hour's worth of work should be your minimum charge, and that comes to $7.25 where I live, and Ohms are worth about 1c each. So it'd be worth at minimum 725 Ohms. Translating that into Volts, which seem to be roughly 20:1, and you have a charge of 1,450 Volts base price.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 20:32:47 )

Translating that further into time spent onsite, it'd be worth 29 posts.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 22:11:10 )

@rosehip: That's very relatable xD
I also felt like digital art in general are also high in demand rather than thetraditional (which I usually do)
But that was on gaia idk about here yet. Which btw do you do digital or traditional for your art? Or maybe both?

Donator — She, Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 02:19:09 )
Adore your thread name! I'm new to the site as well :)
Trying to find a place to park :/

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 03:37:02 )
@Avocado: lol idk about everyone else but i heard it from a friend

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 10:57:11 )

@PurpdaBurpPurp: Digital. Though, I haven't been drawing a great deal lately, tbh. In kind of an art slump.

@NixieFae: Thank you! Your avi is already lookin cute C:

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 14:55:16 )

My tablet pen is missing. :c When it rains, it pours, I guess. Going to have to brush up on my 3D skills. More updating than I thought I had to do on this thing...
Questing Bayou.
Questing:
Bouncer
Candy Cane Lane
Curious Case
Haunting
Oracle
Unique Bases
Vaughn's Belt
Veles

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 19:56:23 )

@rosehip: Awe :(
Yeah art slumps are the worst to get over. I usually do art challenges or contest around that time.

Donator — She, Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 19:59:08 )
@rosehip: thanks! It's mostly just free stuff that in had found in my inventory and from the jamboree store lol! I'll get more items eventually
“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 20:00:57 )

@Avocado: Awe I hope you find it soon. I'll probably paint later on as well.

@NixieFae: Well you've come to the right place :vanora_xd:
There are a lot of newbies here so far that is actually welcoming hehe~

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 22:51:22 )

@PurpdaBurpPurp: Usually, I just draw random people's ocs lmao or I do art trades, because my debilitating fear of disappointing others forces me to draw :D

@NixieFae: Lmao same, actually!!

instagram | deviantart
shop | hangout

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 23:03:19 )

@rosehip: I do the same thing too!
And on gaia if I've done a really good job of drawing their avis, I'll dm a pic of it to them and they'll never expected it xD
Their reactions and replies are always good

Maybe I should do the same thing here too :viosmirk:

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.