Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ♥ Vintage Roses -♥- Let's Chat ♥

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 17:18:21 )
@rosehip: yeah the bigger ones tend to be like that. Are you new to avi sites?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 17:36:41 )

:plasma-orb:
-----------------------------
@rosehip:
I've had rosehip tea, before. It's actually pretty good, but I prefer lavender.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 17:37:47 )

@rosehip:
Have you gotten all the event items, yet? If you play the jigsaws, you can earn up to 200 candy canes a day, until they stop giving out the currency.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 17:41:27 )

@rosehip: Yepp xD
Is nice to see some newbies like myself as well ;w;

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 17:53:27 )

...Is everyone new, here? Was there some sort of ad campaign that took off, or did we all simultaneously decide 'electric sheep avatar community site let's go'?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 17:59:33 )
@Ruby: No, I'm not. I'm on a few rn, and they're all prrretty nice, but like... people just straight up gave me stuff no questions asked here... it's a first lmao

@Avocado: I'd certainly like to try some, and I have been play the jigsaw puzzles! I thiiink I've gotten all the items that interest me C: I happened upon the facebook page for the site totally on accident! I was looking at the fb page for a different avatar site, and it was in the recommended pages. It looked nice C:

@PurpdaBurpPurp: For real! It can be kinda scary coming to these sites when there are mostly long time users.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 18:02:22 )

@rosehip: That's very much true!
It can be quite intimidating as well sometimes even if everyone is so nice and friendly. That's probably due to my shyness also...
=//w//=

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 18:25:17 )
@PurpdaBurpPurp: Yooo, big same. It took me like a week to make this hangout thread cause I was being a weenie :'D

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 18:54:44 )

@rosehip: Well I was thinking of posting some of my art here but I'm still hesitant about it...
So I'm a bigger weenie than you rn xDD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 19:01:31 )

@rosehip:
Have you been clicking the airship, too? I only found out about it a couple days ago.

@purpdaburppurp:
I'm going to be doing that by tomorrow. Let's do it together!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 19:01:58 )

@PurpdaBurpPurp: Nah, we're in the same boat in that regard. I've been hesitating on setting up art shops on any of the avatar sites I'm on ;w;

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 19:03:06 )

@Avocado: I have! I'm glad this site has daily rewards, checking for those has become apart of my routine on several sites lmao

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 19:07:35 )

@rosehip:
I think the only other sites I was super into were Gaia Online and Neopets, the latter being my first introduction in middle school to communicating with people on the internet. But Gaia kind of got obnoxious and I outgrew Neopets. I'd like it better if you could dress up the little things and I still fondly remember jelly world.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 19:11:21 )

@Avocado: I still visit Gaia occasionally. Tbh, I don't really venture into the forums a whole bunch anymore.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 19:16:58 )

@rosehip:
It wasn't even about the forums! I have pretty thick skin. It was that the only items they bothered to update or release were cash shop items. I mean, I get that money is required, I know this stuff costs server space and solid networks, but no shop updates for months and events not even phoning it in, anymore? Broke my heart, that. It was my first real avatar site, and I'll always miss it.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 19:32:34 )

@Avocado: Ooh like a joint Art Shop or Museum? :vioshock:
Is that a thing here? I never knew x.x

@rosehip: Yepp TwT
I've set up an art shop on a forum before but on a different avatar/forum site and it was such a long time ago! >o<
Plus idk how to price my art yet or how currency works here (my weakness) So far is not so super inflated here and there's no market unlike *coughs* gaia
I'll prob set up a museum first... :viosweat:

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 19:37:45 )

@purpdaburppurp:
I don't know if it's a 'thing', but I know there's no rules against it. They also have a forum specifically for posting art. I would also not say 'no' to a joint art shop or pet shop. Ruby has a pet shop, she says, but I can't seem to find it. The hunt is on!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 19:43:05 )

@Avocado: Ah yes I explored a little bit of that forum and that's cute! A pet shop sounds amazing but I don't think I've also stumble upon that yet

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 19:49:18 )

@purpdaburppurp:
Is that something you'd be interested in doing?

Questing:
Bouncer
Candy Cane Lane
Curious Case
Haunting
Oracle
Unique Bases
Vaughn's Belt
Veles

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 19:50:52 )

@Avocado: It wasn't about people being mean or anything, I just lost interest. All I wanted to do was browse the marketplace, really.

@PurpdaBurpPurp: Yeah, the pricing bit is def a huge obstacle. It takes me a while to ever get straight answers about that.

instagram | deviantart
shop | hangout

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.