Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Kimmi x Boss Rimi

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 04:48:17 )
Aria smiled and nodded, agreeing with the Queen before sitting down with everyone to eat breakfast. She was kind of sad she couldn't join them for their portrait but she also understood. She wasn't even officially engaged to Lyle yet either. Plus she had classes to attend to. She was almost wished she didn't need these classes. She missed being able to spend more time with Lyle. But with him helping his father now, he wouldn't have much time either. As breakfast was served, she tried to think of other things instead of the disappointment she had started feeling out of nowhere.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 07:10:47 )
Once breakfast was served, they all began to eat their breakfast, Lyle's parents occasionally talking about important matters such as what Lyle and his father spoke about last night. "Did you hear? Lyle has offered to help us out with the paperwork." The king informed. The queen ate her food quietly but widened her eyes in surprise when she heard what her husband had said. "Is that so?" she asked after sipping her drink. Lyle nodded and took another sip of his coffee. "I figured I should do something instead of spend my days playing the piano. Besides, Aria will be busy so I want to keep myself busy as well. I though helping out would be a good thing."

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 21:53:45 )
Aria smiled and listened quietly as they talked, wondering what she would have to do for classes today. She had already learned a lot of things in what felt like a short amount of time. But her teachers were so kind to her and she loved being able to learn from them about things she needed to know to become a proper lady.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/17 05:28:47 )
"It's just surprising is all. I'm glad you want to help though dear, that's very nice of you." The queen said before going back to eating. Lyle couldn't deny that it was even surprising to him. Work wasn't something he ever looked forward to but he knew it was something he'd have to get used to eventually. He wondered how many more days of classes Aria would have after this one. Not that it mattered, he'd be too busy now anyway but he was still curious.

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/18 01:42:28 )
It wasn't long after that Aria had finished her breakfast. She wiped her mouth politely and smiled,"Please, excuse me. I should be getting to my classes." She said, carefully getting up from her chair,"I will see you all later at lunchtime." She kissed Lyle's cheek quickly and then headed out of the room to get ready for her classes.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/20 01:51:26 )
Lyle's parents nodded and watched her leave, smiling at how she kissed Lyle's cheek before leaving. "She always does that doesn't she?" His mother asked. "She does." Lyle answered, finishing up his breakfast. "She called me sweetie one night." he said quietly, sipping his coffee. "Well isn't that sweet?" His mother said with a smile. His father laughed softly and nodded, finishing up his breakfast. "She really likes you." he pointed out. Lyle nodded and looked at his parents. "It was odd...being called that." Lyle started. "It's just not something I imagine myself ever being called. We're not even married yet and I think it upset her when she saw my reaction." he explained, a slight frown on his face. "You still have much to learn Lyle, don't be so hard on yourself I'm sure she understands. You're both knew to this. In fact, you both have much to learn but don't worry about that. Just take it one day at a time and if something comes up, you both need to talk about it together." his father informed. "Your father is right you know. Now then, we should prepare for the arrival of the portrait painter. He should be here momentarily." his mother said as she stood.

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 09:15:31 )
Aria went through her classes for the day and found she had the afternoon free to do what she wished. She had hoped to see what Lyle was up to, but she had noticed the portrait painter had arrived and assumed that they were getting painted. When she came to the site where the family was being painted, she got permission to sit and watch if she was quiet.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/22 04:45:19 )
The royal family looked both Regal and Intimidating as the portrait painter worked in silence. Occasionally his hazel colored eyes would look up from his painting at the family then he'd focus once again on the portrait; making sure to get every single detail. Lyle didn't dare move his gaze to look at Aria, he didn't want to mess up the painter and he didn't want to end up smiling. No one would ever take him or his family seriously if they smiled. The painting took a few hours to complete, but when it was done, the male signed it and stood up. "It's all finished your highnesses. Now I must let it dry before I can frame it for you." he explained. Lyle visibly relaxed once he knew it was over. "That's fine, we're really glad you were able to make room for us on such short notice." the king said to the painter who smiled and bowed. "I am always more than happy to paint the royal family." he answered. "May I take a look at it?" The queen asked and smiled when the painter nodded.

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/22 07:03:54 )
When she knew it was finished, Aria went over to Lyle and smiled, kissing his cheek gently,"It came out just beautifully~" She said to the King and Queen,"I hope I wasn't too much of a distraction, but I had never seen such a master artist paint before and I couldn't resist."

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/22 08:05:33 )
"We look absolutely perfect, you never fail to impress us." The queen said to the painter who smiled. "Thank-you your highness." he answered. Lyle blushed slightly at the kiss and looked away nervously before walking over to inspect the painting. The king chuckled, "Those two are as curious as ever. They never are able to just wait until it's framed." he explained. Lyle looked at how he looked then how his parents looked. The attention to detail was amazing, it never failed to surprise him just how talented the man really was. "Come now to my study, we'll get you your payment." The king said, leaving with the painter and leaving his wife and son to stare at the painting. "Isn't it lovely dear?" The queen asked, looking at Lyle then over at Aria. "Did you see it?" she asked her.

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/22 09:14:23 )
Aria nodded,"Yes, Your Highness. I was able to watch the artist create it. It's absolutely marvelous~" She smiled,"He really is quite a master at what he does isn't he?"

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/22 10:56:23 )
"It's impressive, yes." Lyle said in his serious tone of voice. His facial expression giving nothing away. Soon this portrait would be with the others. Lyle never understood the importance of portraits but he had to admit he loved the attention it brought. The queen smiled and nodded. "Yes he is. He's been doing this for years. He's the only one we trust to enter our home and paint us. He's never let us down and I hope he never does."

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/22 23:04:02 )
Aria nodded in agreement,"I came to watch because my classes had ended early today. One teacher started to feel ill and another was so upset as she had received news her father had passed away. So my classes are going to be postponed for a week until one teacher heals and the other has some time to grieve."

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/23 02:32:21 )
Lyle looked at Aria when she spoke then looked at his mother, "Don't you think they should have told you about this before they left?" he asked his mother quietly. "I mean, it only seems like the right thing to do. After all, who's paying them?" he asked and glanced at Aria for a moment before looking at his mother again. His mother sighed and frowned slightly. "Yes well...I'm sure they had their reasons. I'll have to let your father know." she answered. Just then, the king and the painter returned; "I'll be back when I have it framed so I won't be gone long, give me a few hours and I'll stop by to drop it off." The painter said. "That's fine, thank-you for your service." The king said and walked the man to the door. "Dear, I need to speak with you. It's important." The queen said, motioning for her husband to follow her.

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/23 02:48:59 )
Aria bit her lip, hoping they weren't in too much trouble. She could understand them having to leave early. She looked over as Gambit entered the room. She went over to pick him up,"Hey big guy." She said, petting his head,"You should still be upstairs. What brings you down here?" He nuzzled against her, having missed her while she was in classes.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/23 03:11:12 )
"Don't bite your lip." Lyle muttered before excusing himself. He noticed the fox enter the room and frowned before leaving the room and heading out to the garden in the back of the house. He hadn't actually stepped foot outside of the house in a long time, especially not to go to the garden but he figured some fresh air would be nice. It was that or he could read to himself or play the piano. He wasn't exactly upset so there was no need to play music right now and reading didn't appeal to him at the moment. Stepping outside, he closed the door behind him and sat at the table they had outside, looking at the flowers his mother had ordered to be planted.

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/23 03:20:35 )
Aria heard his words but ignored him as he left. She sighed. Why did he have to make things difficult for others like that? She knew the teachers should have told the king and queen, but it wasn't all their fault. She decided not to follow him like she had originally wanted to. Instead she turned and left, going back up to her room. Since her classes were over early for today, she was going to spend the rest of the day reading in her room.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/23 03:27:43 )
"Is that so?" The queen then nodded as she watched her husband pinch the bridge of his nose. "A week?" he repeated. The queen nodded again. "I do think they should have told us, but they have their reasons for not wanting to. Dear please don't be upset. It's just a week. Besides, Aria deserves a break, she's been doing so well in her classes." The queen reminded. The king looked at the reports made by the teachers for each of Aria's classes. He couldn't complain, she really was improving and that was what mattered really. "Such a shame, loosing someone so suddenly." The king said quietly as he looked through the papers. "A real shame. Poor dear. I hope they're okay. I mean, I know they're grieving but I just hope this loss doesn't affect them too much." The queen added quietly.

Donator — She, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/23 03:35:41 )
Aria closed the door to her room and set Gambit down on her bed. He watched her as she grabbed a different dress, as she didn't want this one too messed up, and went into the bathroom to change. After changing, she grabbed a book, one different from the one she was reading with Lyle, and sat on her bed. Gambit curled up beside her as she put her feet up and started to read.

Pixel Art by the talented Neko~ Thank you so much, Neko! <3
Both a just adorable~ :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart:

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/23 03:50:36 )
"Dear...do you really think they'll come back after a week?" The queen asked softly. The king thought about this and shook his head. "A loss is not something you can deal with in a week. It takes more, but it depends on the person. I don't think we should make them come back after the week if they're really not ready. The other one who is sick, well if they're all better in a week then fine but if they're not, we can't let them come back either." The king decided and the queen nodded. It made sense. "As you wish dear." she whispered. "I'm surprised Lyle isn't here..." The king noted, wondering where his son was. "Oh don't worry dear, I'm sure he's reading a book with Aria. Those two are very close you know." The queen said with a smile, walking over to him and kissing his cheek. "I'll send someone to get him if you'd like." She offered but the king shook his head. "Leave him, he can help after dinner."

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.