Npc — She/Her
Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/11/9 19:00:55 )
It took a bit of legwork, but Vontell found himself knocking on Valentina’s workshop door soon enough. After a minute or so of awkward standing, he opened the door and almost gagged had he not covered his nose and mouth. Inside he spotted Valentina and Vaughn, seemingly hard at work on something. The combined smell of cigar smoke, machine oil and welding fumes added with the noisy machinery had him slightly disoriented and wrinkling his nose as he approached the two.
“W-Well now, this is somewhat surprising. Good evening to you two. I was hoping you could answer some questions for me…?” Vontell started, though it looked like the two couldn’t hear him. As he got closer, he could hear Valentina talking excitedly with Vaughn despite the noise.
“…And seein’ how the hubbub happenin’ out there’s got everyone in a tizzy, ‘ya knew I just HAD to make somethin’ that’d solve everythin’ in a flash!” as if on cue, sparks flew from the panel Valentina was working on. She lifted her welding mask to admire her handiwork with a huge grin on her face…
…before a spark and pop resulted in a plume of black smoke puffing out. “Oooor…it might make things worse. Who knows, eh? Fortune favors the bold, right Vaughn? Oh oh oh, quick, get the rotational coolant re-breeder from the second shelf while I figure out where the smoke’s comin’ from!”
“Yeah yeah, keep ‘yer knickers on…” Vaughn chuckled at that before turning around, almost dropping his cigar upon spotting Vontell. “Didn’t see ‘ya there, Von. We’re uh…pretty darn occupied right now. Can’t really talk ‘til we’re done with this thing…” He continued, grabbing something from a shelf and handing it to Valentina.
Vontell sighed and nodded, peering at what the two were working on. “Then perhaps I can help get this done faster?” Vaughn nodded, gesturing at the device as Valentina inserted the component into the panel.
Npc — She/Her
Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/11/9 19:01:21 )
Val and Vaughn have finally been found, and they're working on something big!
Unfortunately, it seems to not be going well.
Maybe Vontell can help read the instructions and help out.
The mechanism is made up of 4 interlocking rings. The first ring is yellow, the second is pink, third is purple and fourth is green.
Follow the instructions and mark where the red line would end up.
This is a group activity. Working together will help make it easier to find all the answers.
But feel free to work alone as well!
Make sure to put your answers under a spoiler to give others a chance to play.
Once all the correct answers have been found, and at least 12 people have attempted to answer,
the EI Taffy will be added to Joyful Jamboree.
All participants in this thread will be granted a free Taffy tomorrow at noon. (Note: Participation includes any form of posting in this thread. Even if you don’t want to join in the game, show your support!)
Npc — He/Him
Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/11/9 19:03:14 )
With a magnificent cacophony of whirring gears, flashing lights and some sputtering of more lightly colored smoke, Valentina’s newest invention came to life. As it continued chugging along in its newfound mechanical life, Valentina couldn’t help but grin triumphantly. Vaughn let out an impressed whistle while Vontell coughed from the smoke.
Their device finally completed, Valentina and Vaughn were more than willing to answer Vontell’s questions. The latter was the first to speak as Voltra’s resident tinkerer tried wiping a final smudge from her new baby’s shiny surface, its consistent movement making it a little difficult to do steadily.
“See, we didn’t even get to the event thanks to Val here getting’ all distracted with this new contraption she got running. Heck, we weren’t even sure what was happenin’ out there until all the noise n’ chaos started up!” Vaughn huffed.
“Ooooooh…” Valentina held a look of contemplation on her face as she scratched her chin, “I was gonna meet Vanora tonight…OH WELL.” She shrugged, about to go back to her tinkering when Vontell cleared his throat and took something out of one of his pockets.
They were pictures of the statue taken at different angles. He set them down on a cleared table nearby and spread them out for easier viewing.
“Well, I would like it if you two took a look at these. The struggle between Trick and Treat has been mostly due to the state the statue pictured here. As you can see…” Vontell pointed out the damage done to the statue “…it is in quite the sorry state.”
“Yeeeesh, that DOES look real bad.” Vaugh commented, scratching his head at the sight, “Like someone got crazy with a handful of blowtorches…”
“That statue…hmmm…” Valentina rubbed her cheek as she stared at the photo, “…can’t help but think about how it’s all melted n’ stuff despite the impressive structural integrity. It's more likely some type of mild solvent caused erosion or dissolution... Hm, but it could also be possibly cause by heat. If so, the source would need to draw a ginormous amount of power! ... I gotta run some quick calculations, maybe theorize possible scenarios and components too..." by now, Valentina had begun scribbling on a notepad she’d gotten out of somewhere.
Vaughn chuckled as she continued sketching, formulating and talking all at the same time. “Yeeaaah…she’ll be like this for a while…” He looked down at the photos with a contemplative gaze, “Huh, takin’ a closer gander at it, yeah this does look peculiar. Real sorry if we couldn’t help too much, but we wish ‘ya luck. We’ll keep ‘ya posted on any insights Val and I have though!”
Valentina gave a thumbs up as she continued scribbling.
• Found at the scene: Paint Supplies, a Bucket with a Bandage, and a Hairdryer with a Tangled Chord
• The letters "V F" were carved into the base of the statue
• Vanora was backstage (two witnesses confirm)
• Vivienne was backstage, and was with Treat
• Volkan was never out of anyone's sight
• The hairdryer belonged to Vivienne, and was not working correctly. Its chord was not tangled when she left it
• Vyctor delivered the statue and was backstage alone
• Virgil was the artist that created the statue
• Virgil claims the statue was a lifelike replica of Treat when he created it, he doesn't know what happened
• Virgil specifically told Vyctor not to remove the sheet, so Vyctor never saw it. Virgil claims this was to keep it protected.
• The statue was fragile
• Vanora left a mess backstage with paint, Vyctor cleaned it
• The Voltra Police Department was working security and kicked Vyctor out
• Vanora claims to have been with Velvet, who had an emergency
• Valentina should have been at the event, but was not and has not been answering her phone
• Violet helped Virgil with the statue, and had photographs to prove their innocence
• Violet used magic on the statue to help keep it from breaking
• Vichard went to Joyful Jamboree to buy candy said he had a big plan for it. It was to prank his brother.
• Vregory has a big sweet tooth, and was kept away from the statue while it was in the shop
• Vregory and Vichard were too busy distracting each other to interfere with the statue
• Vichard had no knowledge of the exchange or the statue
• Officer Milly and Officer JC guarded the doors entering the backstage, while Officer Garry was patrolling inside
• Officer Garry says it's impossible that anyone got to it with him around
• Officer Garry had a wound on his knee he has no memory of
• Officer Garry has a disorder that causes him not to feel pain, and is a klutz
• The Guardians claim there was no interference from The Agents of Entropy, Veles, or any form of dark magic
• Valentina was working at her workshop to help the Guardians
• Val and Vaughn never arrived at the event because she was caught up in her work
• Val and Vaughn both agree that the statue has been melted, but cannot agree on a source (Val suggests it dissolved, Vaughn suggests it was by a heart source)
In hopes of discovering what caused this tiff between Trick and Treat, I've taken it upon myself to investigate this mystery. I began by searching the backstage, where the statue had been stored prior to the exchange. My search yielded:
- Paint supplies
- A bucket with a bandage
- A hairdryer with a tangled chord
- The letters "V F" carved into the statue's base
Perhaps these are important clues... Or perhaps it is just rubbish left behind. We'll have to search further.
Questioning the mayor, who was closest to the scene, I discovered the following information:
- Mayor Volkan was busy all day and was never alone at any point
- The statue was being watched all the time it was backstage
- Vanora, Vivienne, and security were backstage, at least that Volkan knew of
Perhaps Vanora or Vivienne may be able to shed more light upon this situation...
My poor friend Vivienne appeared to be under a lot of distress when I visited her. It seems she was having some technical difficulties with her equipment. After I calmed her, we discussed her experience backstage:
- Her hairdryer stopped functioning properly when she was styling Treat's hair
- She was with Treat the entire time, the entered and left the backstage together
- She confirmed Vanora was there
- She mentioned that Vyctor was also there, and potentially delivered the statue
Vyctor was an ordeal to speak to, due to the large influx of customers he had been faced with. However, once they had cleared out our conversation yielded a surprising amount of leads and information:
- Virgil was the artist behind the statue, and has asked Vyctor to transport it for him
- Virgil was very clear that Vyctor was not to remove the sheet at any time, so Vyctor never saw it before the reveal on stage
- Vyctor had time alone backstage, as there was nobody around when he delivered the statue
- There was a mess of paint left by an unknown person, which Vyctor took the time to clean up
- Vyctor was eventually escorted out by the Voltra Police Department, who were acting as security for the event
After having to go on a bit of a chase to capture Timberland, I managed to have a little talk with Vanora. She was able to verify some information, as well as offer a few interesting leads:
- She left the mess backstage when she was painting props and displays
- She was called away in the middle of it by Velvet, who claimed to have an emergency
- Claims she never saw Vyctor or the statue, but she did recall passing Vivienne
- Valentina should have been at the event, but Vanora never saw her and cannot contact her
Virgil was in a worse mood than usual when I paid him a visit, seemingly because of the sorry state Joyful Jamboree was in. After helping him clean up, he was open to a conversation:
- He admits to creating the statue, stating that it was a commission from Trick
- He denies tampering with it, even going so far as to state he wishes he did because of the reaction it caused
- Virgil stated that the statue was fragile and needed careful handling
- He state that Violet was with him during the creation, and that she may have useful evidence
To follow up Virgil's claims, I ventured to speak with his sister Violet. Unfortunately when I arrived, she seemed to be tied up with her work. After helping her organize, she revealed to me:
- She did help Vigil craft the statue, and had photo evidence to prove they were innocent
- The statue was made of candy
- She had cast a spell on the statue to strengthen it and keep it from breaking
- Vichard had been to the store, and mentioned having a "big plan" in store. it required a lot of candy
- Vregory was seen as an obstacle, as he can't help himself around candy
Finding Vregory King, greatly upset by the chaos that is currently ruling Voltra, I helped him calm down somewhat, after which he told me:
- He found goodies on the ground and made to collect them
- He didn't go backstage at all
- He arrived to watch the Ritual in the audience and didn't seem to realise that anything was off with the statue
- He thought the statue smells good, which ties into it being made of candy like Violet said
Vichard King seemed to be in a foul mood and not willing to communicate at first. After playing his little game, he spoke to me:
- He bought the candy to lead his brother Vregory into a trap, which failed
- He's been so focused on trying to prank his brother, he missed the entire exchange and had no knowledge of the statue or the fighting
- He suggested we speak to the guardians
The police station was in chaos when I arrived, but after helping Officer Garry deliver coffee I was able to ask him some questions:
- He confirmed that he, Officer JC, and Officer Milly were acting as security at the event
- He claims JC was at the front door, Milly at the back, and he was inside the backstage on patrol
- He claims nobody would have been able to bypass him without notice
- He had a mystery wound on his knee, but he seemed unbothered by it
- He revealed that he falls often and struggles to keep track of them for it
- He also has a disorder that causes him not to feel pain, so he never noticed it
I found Velvet in quite a fit, but after she calmed down by speaking to me, I discovered the following:
- Velvet's upset Trick and Treat's feud pulled the spotlight away from her and her costume
- She pulled Vanora away to help her with her costume in the bathroom
- She and Vanora weren't present for the exchange
It seems Frizz, Static, and Spark have been doing their best to try to reason with Trick and Treat, but to no avail. Speaking with Spark yielded an important piece of information:
- It was NOT The Agents of Entropy
- It was NOT Veles
- Dark magic has NOT been used
- Valentina is apparently helping the Guardians, and should be at her workshop
I finally managed to track down Valnetina. Luckily she was safe and well, as was Vaughn.
- They revealed they never arrived at the event, as Val caused them to be late when she got absorbed by her work
- They claim they had no knowledge of the statue's current state
- Vaughn theorizes it was melted by heat
- Valentina theorizes it was melted by a liquid/solvent, but says it's possible a large amount of heat could cause that damage
We have finally interviewed all possible leads!
But this isn't the end.
Join tomorrow as we gather for one final time...
Valentina and Vaughn