Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Night Terrors

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 04:57:53 )

Sierra paused.

"I'm a ghost. Give me a few seconds to get there. Plus, I'm in public and it really wouldn't be a good idea for a door to magically appear here." She then said.

"I'll be there within a minute or two." Withj that, the call was ended. Sure enough, about a minute and a half later, there was a knock on the door. When she was beckoned in, Sierra made her way inside.

"Hi." She started as she closed the doo rbehind her.

"Whats going on?"

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 05:25:34 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"We need your voice." the floating figure said, before Hal cleared his throat loudly.

"EXCUSE me." he said.

"I realise this is of the utmost importance, and that time is a factor, but I would also appreciate a modicum of decorum, and some respect for my agents." he told him.

"ESPECIALLY when you are coming to us for assistance." he added.

The figure looked ready to chew Hal's head off right there and then, but sighed.

"...yes... I suppose so." he admitted.

"I'll start by introducing myself." he said.

"I am Chronos. God of Time."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 05:30:39 )

Sierra was silent before sighing a moment.

". . . There's a somnovore running rampant, huh?" She asked after a moment or two.

"Before you ask how I know, you need me, people are dying, and I have the head of the Order himself asking for my help."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 05:56:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"You're a smart one." Chronos responded.

"Leonard here will take you into the dream world to deal with the menace." he told her, gesturing to Leo.

"...we'll need someone's dream to 'invade'." Leo chimed in.

"And it's going to have to be someone with very powerful dreams. Someone that can dream of something so vivid and strong, it'll be irresistible to the somnovore." he went on.

"Hm." Chronos mumbled.

"This is true." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 05:57:29 )

Miki was silent as everything was said before sighing and meeting Hal's eye.

"How about Hollie. Think she'd be willing?" She asked, knwoing that the woman was very powerful, and she was likely to bet it was in multiple different ways.

"I mean, Ty could work too." She added after a few seconds.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 06:29:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I refuse to ask anyone to undergo such a risk." Hal responded.

"This is something that carried an extremely high risk of death." he continued.

"Even for the regenerator, this could be bad." Chronos then said to Miki. "Depending on the damage it might do, he may come back with severe mental trauma." he explained.

"And we at the Order already know just how fragile his mental state truly is." he reminded her.

"Though Remmington might be just the bait we need." he added.

When he said that, Miki saw a glint of anger in Hal's eyes, at hearing Hollie referred to as 'bait'.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 06:32:26 )

Miki just sighed lightly.

"Well, I guess someone will need to call her." She commented.

---

Meanwhile, she stepped into the entry way and sighed.

"Hey Jake." She said. She didn't have her staff with her, and honestly seemed more 'on the level' like anyone else.

"Hal's not expecting me, but I know he's going to be calling. Want to let me in?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 06:45:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake looked over at the woman, before his tongue quickly darted out of his mouth, and then returned inside it.

"....right." he said.

He then pushed the button, unlocking the door for her.

"You know the way." he told her.

"Dunno what this is all about, but I can tell it's serious." he continued.

"Don't let me hold you back."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 06:46:56 )

"It is." She confirmed before heading off with a quick 'thank you' to Jake.

Just as she heard voices getting a little louder - mostly because Hal was insistent on finding someone else, She sighed and knocked. She didn't want to barge in, strictly because it wouldn't go well, she was sure. At the same time, she thought if Hal was entertaining with his insistence to be left alone would be a nice way to lighten the mood, perhaps.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 07:01:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Inside, everyone stopped as the knock on the door was heard.

"Kinda busy in here!" Hal called to whomever was there.

"..." Chronos was silent, before looking at him.

"Actually, you're going to want to answer that. She's quite relevant to this conversation." he said.

"...." Hal was silent in response, before his eyes widened some.

'...how did she...?' he started to think, before shaking his head.

"Someone open the door." he said.

Leo responded with a nod, before doing so.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 07:06:45 )

"Hey Leo." She said with a small smile before stepping in. She was wearing very casual clothing, denim jeans, what looked to be a tube top with a largerr almost blouse like top over it that was open and just hanging there. She shoved her hands into her pockjets and looked to Chronos.

"A few things." She started.

"One, thank you for helping my brother maintain his life, I'm pretty sure I'd have been thrown overboard, so to speak, if it weren't for him." She started.

"Two, If you wish to continue for the Council to be running as it is, the little access you've given me to the Fountain is running out."

"And three, I'm more than wlling to do this, whether he," she jabbed her thumb in Hal's direction, "Is ok with it or not. I'm the one who overlooks, to an extent, all the mages. If I'm not willing to do it, how the hell can I ask someone else to?" She paused a moment before looking to Hal.

"As for how did I know, I'm psychic."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 07:25:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....well." Chronos said.

"That certainly cleared up a lot, in a short amount of time." he said further.

"All right then." he went on, cracking his knuckles.

"Let's do this." he said further.

"And if you survive this, talk to me later about the fountain." he added.

"Wait!" Hal interjected.

"Hollie, are you SURE about this?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 07:29:01 )

Hollie looked to Hal before sighing lightly.

"Hal, babe, I can't ask someone else to do this." She told him honestly.

"I don't know what will happen, but if I die, then at least I'll have died doing something that I believe in." She then said.

"I'm sorry, but I"m set in this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 07:44:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just sighed deeply when Hollie said what she did.

"I see." he said.

"Then there's no changing your mind." he lamented.

"Where do want to do this?" Leo asked her.

"At the very least, you should be somewhere comfortable, where you feel safe." he said further.

"....if it's better for her to remain here in San Diego, then she can use my home." Hal interjected.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 07:45:57 )

Hollie sighed.

"Might be best." She admitted before looking to Chronos.

"So tell me what is expected of me." She then said.

"Just so I know what I'm getting myself into."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 07:57:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"You will be expected to sleep." Chronos responded.

"And your dream... and you, yourself, by extension, will be used as bait." he said.

"You'll get to choose your dream, and it will be a lucid dream. Leo will make sure of it." he continued.

"Your dream will be interrupted by the somnovore, which is when these two will interject." he went on, gesturing to Leo and Sierra.

"Just... let them do their thing." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 08:32:35 )

Hollie nodded before looking to Hal.

"Well, I will see you later." She said before appraching and giving him a hug. While nice and close though, she sighed lightly.

"I'm sorry, but if something happens... you'll need to tell Vincent." She then said before pullin gback.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 21:46:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal returned the embrace, and when she pulled back, she saw the pain in his eyes.

".....I know." was all he said.

"I will." he told her, pain in his tone as well. It was slight, but Hollie could tell it was there.

"All right then." Chronos said, clapping his hands together.

"If everything's settled, then let's get to work." he commented.

Leo just sighed, and made his way towards Hollie.

"I'm sorry it has to come to this." he apologised to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 23:01:17 )

Hollie didn't say anything before just sighing and shaking her head.

"No." She said. "Don't apologize."

"You have no need." She paused a moment before looking to Chronos.

"Can you get to his place, or will I get us all there?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 23:24:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I can get anywhere." Chronos replied.

"It's true." Leo replied. "There's nowhere in this realm or the afterlife that he can't get to." he confirmed.

"...technically speaking, I DO have the capabilities to reach further beyond, but... well, out there are horrors that would keep ME up at night." Chronos then admitted, before coughing lightly and causing a door to form on the wall.

"This will lead straight to Hal Sharp's house." he declared.

"Good luck..." Hal said to Hollie, Sierra, and Leo.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.