Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Night Terrors

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 23:30:58 )

"Good to know." was all Hollie said before waving to Hal and they headed through, arriving in the den of the house in question.

Hollie just made her way over to the couch and sat down, taking her shoes off in the process.

"All right, how is this going to go down?" She asked, her voice curious.surprosingly enough, there was no apprehension to this. She trusted those she was with, after all.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 23:53:01 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Chronos, Leo, and Sierra followed, with Chronos bringing up the rear and closing the door behind them, causing it to disappear into thin air afterwards.

"First, you need to get comfortable." Chronos told her.

"Once you are, I will administer special sand to you." he went on. "This sand is specially designed to make you fall asleep immediately, and will cause you to have the best dream your subconscious can imagine up." he continued.

"This kind of dream is the sweetest of bait for a somnovore. It will enter your dream, and when it does, there will be a distinct tonal shift in your dream." he went on.

"I will be monitoring this, and once I detect it, I will have Leonard enter your dream, and bring the banshee along with him." he continued, before handing a VERY small bag to Sierra.

"Dust yourself with this." he instructed her. "It will allow Leonard to pull you into the dream realm with him." he said further, before looking back towards Hollie.

"Once they're inside, the banshee will deal with the somnovore, and Leonard will be there to make sure things don't get TOO out of hand, and essentially protect you from being collateral damage." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 23:56:41 )

Hollie nodded before sighing and just closing her eyes. It was something that was easily taken as trying to prepare herself for this.

Hey Vincent? She sent mentally, wondering if he had the connection 'active' at the moment.

"Yeah, what it is?[/i] She heard in response.

[b]"Just wanted to say, Love you.[/i] Was all Hollie said before he could tell that she'd 'closed' the connection for the moment.

[b]"All right... I'm ready."
She said with a nod before getting comfy on the couch, figuring there was as good as anywhere else, and really not wanting to take them up to the bedroom. It wasn't her room, affter all.

Sierra, meanwhile, handed the pouch back to Chronos, as she'd done what she was told to.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 03:45:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chronos accepted the pouch, before going over to Hollie. He withdrew another pouch from his pocket, and opened it, letting some special glittering sand fall from it, dancing around Hollie's face, and seemingly seeping into her head.

"Now..." he said.

"Just let your subconscious take over." he told her.

"Let your mind show you what you want to see-" he continued, before his voice became muted and distorted, quickly turning to silence, as blackness surrounded her.

"...llie... Hollie?" she then heard in an almost ethereal voice, before she opened her eyes.

When she did, she found herself in a cabin-like building. It was made of wooden logs, and decorated like it was a mountain retreat of sorts. The snow falling outside the nearby window, and the roaring fire even closer towards her helped confirm that suspicion.

"Did you nod off again?" she then heard a warm and very familiar voice ask her with a small chuckle.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 04:01:18 )

Hollie just froze as she witnessed what was ahead of her. This was ... this was surreal.

The fact that she knew she'd be ... well, attacked in here, was certainly not something that she wanted to have happen. This... this was the one thing that she always wished for.

Just to see him again.

"J...Juli..." She started before wrapping her arms around him.

"I..." She didn't say anything, was obviously just relieved to see him again. It'd been awhile since she'd had a dream of him, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 04:10:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man wrapped his arms around her in response, and held her close.

"Yes, Hollie, it's me." he said.

"...well, not really." he then lamented with a small sigh.

"I'm nothing more than a figment of your memory, brought to life by your subconscious." he went on, loosening the embrace and meeting her eyes.

"But for now? I'm as real as anything around you." he told her, leaning in and giving her a kiss on her lips.

"And I've missed you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 04:13:53 )

'I know... I know..." Hollie said quietly after returning the kiss.

"But, sadly, this is the best I can get." She added.

"It is good to see you again, regardless." All the while, she was on edge, wondering when and how the thing would strike. She fully realised that it was because of what she was the bait for.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 04:51:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, the man sighed.

"I know why this is happening." he told her.

"I know why I'm here, and why this dream is happening." he continued. Hollie guessed that this was because she was having a lucid dream. He was aware of what was happening, and what was going on, and such.

But he didn't seem to be too bothered by it.

"Please. Have faith in your friends." he told her, gently placing a hand against her cheek.

"And know that the real me is watching you from up above."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 04:53:53 )

Hollie just sighed lightly.

"I know." She said.

"Can't shake the unease though. I know that this will be a success, this will stop the creature that is killing people, but.." She paused a moment, sighing again.

"I can't deny that I'm uneasy about what the price I'll have to pay is."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 05:11:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He sighed again.

"I know." he replied.

"But let's enjoy this while we can." he told her.

And so they did. They lost track of time, as they spent her dream together, and eventually, Hollie started to forget about the looming and inevitable threat.

However... just as she DID forget about it, that's when they heard it. A loud thumping and banging at the door. That's when the door was broken down, and a dark and shadowy figure stood there. It was bipedal, but it looked... almost feral and primal.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 05:14:13 )

Hollie was silent before getting to her feet.

"I know you're here for me." She stated. In essence, she was right.

"So come on." She added with a light shrug. It wasn't hard to tell she didn't want to do this, but at the same time, she was more than willing to be the sacrificial lamb, so to speak, fo rthis.

Wonder how this is going to go down... she thought as she watched the creature.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 05:27:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The creature was silent for a moment, as the man stood up as well.

"Hollie..." he said quietly.

"Hollie, let me help." he told her.

The creature seemed to laugh at this, before it lunged forward, faster than either of them could react to, and threw the man against one of the walls, cracking it slightly.

The man cried out in pain, as the creature looked at Hollie hungrily.

"You... you will be tasty." it said.

"You dream... your essence... the sweetest of wines..." it went on, as it reached forward and started to trace her chin with a gangly finger.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 05:30:07 )

Hollie was silent for a moment before sighing.

{Why?" She asked.

"Why are you killing people?" She then asked, wondering. She didn't think she'd get an answer from this, but considering the fact that she knew this wasn't technically completely real, she figured she could take the time to asdk.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 05:56:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The creature responded by wrapping its fingers around her neck, but it wasn't squeezing. Not yet, anyway.

"Agony." it replied.

"The agony that people feel before they die is... intoxicating." it told her.

"Plus, I'm doing them a favour." it then went on.

"They're having the best dreams of their lives... and then they turn to nightmares... and when I eat them, they'll never have any of the dream again." it informed her.

"In a way, dying is a mercy for them, seeing as they'll never have that dream again, good OR bad." it said further.

That's when Hollie realised it; if this dream was eaten, she would never be able to dream about Juliusz again.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 06:03:26 )

Hollie was silent as the creature said waht it did. She honestly had nothing to say to that, but she could feel the despondence at that. She almost felt as if it would be just as well if she died, if she couldn't see him again, but at the same time she knew that it would not be good.

Too much was riding on her.

"Ok. I get that, but why? Why now?" She asked.

"You... can't be a new cerature."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 06:32:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, I'm not." it replied.

"But my eyes have been opened." it told her.

"I am no longer content to stay in the shadows of the Order. I will NOT be subservient to them. I will not be denied what I WANT in life. Or... afterlife. Whatever one calls this." it muttered.

"She helped me see that." it continued.

"If not for her, I would have never realised what I was missing."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 06:34:20 )

Hollie's expression hardened when she heard what she did, about how someone had interfered.

"And who was this 'she'?" She asked.

"If you're going to kill me, what does it matter?" She asked, all the while attempting to open up the mental channels with her brother, hoping that maybe, just maybe, she could do so while technically asleep.

If she could, that'd make sure the information could be passed on in the event she didn't survive this.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 06:52:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I don't know her name." the creature replied.

"Names don't matter, anyway." it said.

"Never really cared to learn the names of elves, anyway." it went on. "Especially dark elves." it added.

"That's all we needed to hear." Leo then said from across the room.

The creature quickly looked in the direction of the voice, and saw Leo there... as well as Sierra.

"....no..." it said, seeing the latter.

"No... no, no... not one of YOUR kind..." it muttered further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 06:58:01 )

Sierra just smirked, her mouth seeming to be far wider than the average human, and her expression looking... almost gleefully unhinged, and it was not hard to believe that trouble would come next.

"Oh, not happy to see little old me?"She asked, her voice having proper volume. She wasn't nearly so soft spoken here, but that was primarily because she was aware of how she couldn't kill someone in their dreams, not like out in the real world.

"Come now I mean you no harm. I swear." She paused a moment. "Or at least nothing that'll be too terribly painful."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 07:12:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The creature froze for a moment, before it narrowed its eyes.

"You... this was rigged from the start!" it then declared.

It growled at Sierra, before looking at Hollie.

"Damn it, if I'm going down, I'm taking you with me!" it declared.

With that, its claws extended on its other hand, and it slashed them across her torso, before it then started to seemingly begin to vacuum up the dreamscape before them.

"HOLLIE!" Leo yelled out when he saw this.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.