Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Night Terrors

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 04:29:14 )

Hal was met with silence for a few seconds before there was a sigh.

"I'll be there momentarily." She stated, her voice sounding rather ethereal and as if she was haunting his phone. It was due to the realm differences though, and he knew that.

The line went dead moments later.

She arrived in a burst of what almost looked like glittery sand. As it faded, there was a tall dark skinned woman who was wearing a gloack that was a deep crimson and gold.

"All right, you ahve information? I'll take all the info you happen to have."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 04:50:54 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Hal was silent, regarding the woman.

"Here." he said, handing her the picture that Miki had drawn.

"One of my agents, Agent King, was attacked by this thing in his dreams, his wounds consistent with all the others." he explained.

"And his partner, being a form of psychic, received this image when she touched something of his. His blood, to be precise." he went on.

"She says this is what killed Agent King."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 04:52:48 )

She accepted what he'd handed her before pausing a moment to look it over. As she did, he swore he could see her face pale a few shades. It was very slight, but he could have swarn he'd actually seen that.

"Good to know." She then said.

"This... is invaluable information, Hal." She told him honestly.

"Thank you."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 05:12:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..........." Hal was silent again, wondering if what he saw was true. Could he believe his eyes here? Or was this just something his mind had conjured up.

"Good." he responded.

"Invaluable is good." he said.

"And you're welcome." he went on, before pausing.

"So... care to share what you know?" he asked.

"Because it seems like you recognise whatever that is."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 05:16:26 )

She just sighed lightly.

"I don't think you actually want to know." She then said honestly.

"But I will say this much... it's a creature that lives on the same realm the dreams are on." She continued after a few seconds, "And it feasts upon those that we Order Members look over. There hasn't been evidence of one in... centuries, though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 05:32:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...lovely." Hal muttered.

He then paused for a moment, thinking it over.

"Wait." he said.

"This creature resides on the same realm dreams are on." he repeated.

"As Order members, don't you reside on that realm as well?" he asked.

"Would this thing be a direct danger to YOUR kind as well?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 05:37:48 )

Syraene was silent for a moment before sighing.

"We are." She answered.

". . . already lost a couple of members as is." She then added with a sigh. "Which... is not fun, but... it's a thing."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 05:55:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....oh." Hal responded.

"I see." he said.

"My apologies for bringing up such a sordid subject." he apologised.

"Regardless, I will not keep you any longer." he went on.

"I'm sure you have some things to do with this new information, so I'll let you do them." he continued.

"Let me know if there's ANYTHING I can do to help."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 06:03:19 )

"Don't worry. I'll let you know." She said after a moment or two.

"Thank you fo the information, Hal." With that, she vanished from where she was in the glittery sand she'd appeared in. She had to pass this information on to her boss.

She appeared in an empty hall and looked at th edoor ahead of her. When she opened it the first time, there was nothing there. Just a wall. She closed it, sighed, and knocked on it - loud. She knew that he was there, but it was a question of whether or not he'd answer

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 06:29:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After about 15 seconds, she saw the door glow for a moment. It was her invitation to go inside... which she did. When she stepped through, the door closed behind her.

The realm was usually different whenever she stepped through, and this time, it had taken the form of a cruise ship, sailing in a vast expanse of an ocean... made of sand. Though the sand seemed to behave exactly like a liquid.

On the deck of the ship, she saw the one she was looking for, laying back in a lounge chair, studying a small hourglass that he was holding in his hand.

He looked over towards her and waved.

"Aloha!" he called to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 06:36:00 )

Syraene said before making her way over to him and just standing there.

"We have problems, Chronos." She stated, her tone rather short, and worried.

"Serious problems." She added before sighing and holding a hand out. There was nothing there for a moment before a manifestation of the sketch that Miki had given Hal appeared.

"Take a look. This explains a lot of the fuckery that was going on here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 07:03:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chronos just sighed and looked at the manifestation.

And when he did, he paused, almost frozen.

She knew he was angry... his fist clenched tightly around the hourglass he was holding, causing sand and shards to fall to the floor.

"....I see." he said.

"Damn it. Damn it ALL." he growled.

"It had to be a Somnovore, didn't it?" he asked rhetorically, as the reality that surrounded them seemed to start to break down and disappear, melting away before Syraene's eyes.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 07:06:39 )

"They haven't even been heard of for centuries." Syraene commented.

"But one is apparently prowling around San Diego. And I have no idea how to stop it." She then said.

"Do you?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 07:26:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, Chronos growled.

"I do." he replied.

"....and I don't." he told her.

"Look, I can think of 5 different ways to kill one of those things." he then said. "Only 1 of them is guaranteed to work, though." he continued.

"And no, I don't remember which one it is." he quickly said further.

"It's literally been an immeasurable amount of time since I had to think about this sort of thing."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 07:28:25 )

Syraene sighed lightly. That wasn't ideal, but it was definitely better than she could hope for, for the moment.

"Willing to share that information with me?" She asked.

"Because... it needs to be stopped and dealth with, of course." She then said. "Since... if we don't, then there'd be no poin tin the Order.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 07:46:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chronos sighed in response.

"Right." he said.

He then snapped his fingers, and a paper and quill appeared in his hands. Once they did, he quickly scribbled down what he knew, and handed it to her.

"Here." he muttered.

"Be careful." he went on.

"Only one of those works. The others... they might do something, they might not." he admitted.

"I have NO idea what the other 4 will result in."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 07:50:39 )

Syraene accepted what it was that he had handed her.

"Thank you, Rolex." She said, her gratitude more than a little evident in her voice.

"Just... thank you." She repeated before shaking her head.

"I'm going to go and try to figure out which is the right option." She said with a light sigh before leaving.

She had no idea what was to come, or even where to start though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 08:05:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chronos didn't say anything as Syraene said what she did and left. After she left, though, he merely shook his head.

"Just succeed." he said.

"Succeed, and come back to me." he mumbled.

"An eternity of life is a living hell without you." he went on, as he started to regain his composure and rebuild the world that was crumbling around him.

He then sighed once more, creating a Rolex watch in his palm.

"...she's the only one that can get away with that." he grumbled to himself, crushing the object into sand with his palm.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 08:24:57 )

She made her way through the halls quickly, hurriedly. She didn't care about the injuries to her, what it was that had happened. All she knew was that she had to tell someone about this, since this was a massive issue.

The first person she found that could help, was sthe tech whiz; Leo.

"Leo! Problem. Massive. Huge. HUGE. Problem!" She half exlaimed. There was stress to her voice, and it wasn't hard to tell.

When he looked at her though, he found her bleeding rathe rprofusely, and there was very little that could do that to them. They were spirits, on a different plane.

... yet she'd been injuried somehow, and looked to be in very much not a good shape.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 21:45:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...ah?" Leo muttered, seeing this.

"Wendy, hold on." he told her.

"Wait a minute, wait a minute." he said further. "I can see that you're injured... and badly." he commented, looking her over. "And that is very concerning, considering what we are." he continued.

"What did this to you?" he asked.

"And what is this massive huge HUGE problem?" he asked further.

"...I'm willing to guess it's related to your injuries, though." he added, trying his best to keep calm and not panic in front of her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.