Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Night Terrors

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/25 22:45:23 )

Angela nodded.

"That's fair. I don't see why it would be an issue." She said efore sighing.

"I'm gonna look online, see f I can find an all hours pet store to pick up some basic supplies." She added as she grabbed her laptop to start checking.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/25 23:09:38 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, good idea." Zeke replied.

He then looked at the chick, studying it for a moment.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"I also need to find out what sort of bird this is." he told her.

"Pretty sure it's an eagle. Just need to find out what breed."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 00:17:43 )

"Might not be able to tell until it grows up a bit." Angela commented after a moment.

"Sometimes you just can't tellw hen they are small as featherless as this one is." she added. "But I do agree, probably a bird of prey. Beak kinda looks it to me." As she spoke, she continued to look online, hoping to find an animal supply store that was still open.

After a few, she paused a moment before sighing.

"You might need to head global for supplies. We don't have anything for him for the moment, I don't think, and I'm not finding anywhere in the state that is open at this hour."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 00:53:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Global?" Zeke asked.

"Well, thankfully, I can do that." he told her.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"....I'll leave it here for now." he went on.

"I should be back in a few minutes." he continued, bringing the chick to her.

"It's pretty big for a chick." he commented, handing it to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 01:10:25 )

Angela accepted the bird with a nod.

"You go do that." She said.

"I'll see you when you get back, then."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 01:55:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke nodded in response, before disappearing from where he was. As soon as he did, the chick appeared to grow a bit agitated, but it merely got closer to Angela, seemingly seeking solace in her embrace.

Some time later, a familiar scene was occurring in Miki's house. She was downstairs watching television, and Ty was upstairs sleeping in their bed.

Miki had been getting more sleep, and it had been nicer sleep, but she still wasn't getting as much sleep as Ty was. Or any average person, for that matter.

However, her television watching was suddenly interrupted when she saw a shadowy figure out of the corner of her eye. While most people would consider this alarming, this was all too common for her.

And the figure seemed to be looking right at the ceiling.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 01:58:32 )

Miki was silent for a moment before looking to the shadow.

"What's got your attention?" She asked, her voice curious.

". . . and I don't usually see you hanging around. What's up?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 02:08:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The shadow was silent for a moment, before looking at her.

"Dunno." he replied.

"Things just feel weird up there." he told her.

"You might want to check on your little boy-toy up there, too." he continued.

It was at that point, the two of them heard Ty scream out in pain and agony, before it went silent.

"...damn, I'm good." the creature said, before disappearing into Miki's shadow.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 02:11:10 )

Miki got to her feet quickly, but not racingly quick. She knew he had a tendency to not die and stay dead, after all.

She made her way upstairs and sighed lightly before making her way into the room.

"You ok?" She asked as she poked her head in. For all she knew, he woke from a night terror or something. Wouldn't be the first time.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 02:31:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The room inside was dark, and silent.

Ty did not respond.

When she turned on the lights, she saw Ty was still on the bed... his torso slashed to near ribbons, and he wasn't breathing. Blood poured from the grievous wounds, staining the area around him.

"...wow." the creature said.

"Think he can come back from THAT?" he asked Miki.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 02:35:44 )

Miki was silent before calling sharp, not even noticing the metallic tang in the air from all the blood.

She dialed the number before pausing before hitting send, and opting to go for a text instead. He left with her, and she didn't know what he was doing.

If she didn't get a reply, she'd call the Unit directly and try and get through the red tape to get what she was after.

Ty died. Violently. Can I get a clean up crew?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 02:48:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After about 10 seconds, she received a response.

Details. it read.

Where, how, and how recently. the next one read.

They were short and quick, almost curt, but she knew he was just looking for information quickly, so he could get the team out there ASAP.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 03:04:15 )

Miki looked to ty before sighing.

my home. His bedroom. Sliced to ribbons. Withing five minutes. her answer was short and sweet, but was accurate and gave the information he was waiting for.

And I am not interested in going into a room filled with his biological material and shutting down as a result. followed quickly after. She paused a moment before sighing.

.... He still hasn't rezzed, either

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 03:18:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After about 2 minutes, she received a call.

"It's me." Sharp said when she answered.

"The team will be there in less than a minute." he told her.

"I've instructed them to take Ty to the autopsy room, but leave him there to rez." he went on.

"...odd that it's taking so long, though..." he then mumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 03:20:09 )

Miki nodded as she leaned against the door. She'd closed it and was waiting in the hall.

"Good ot know." She said, referring to what he'd said about a team being by to help with clean up shortly.

"Thank you." She added before pausing.

"And... completely agree. He's still ... just a bloody mess of human ribbons." She told him. "I'll admi, I'm a bit worried."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 03:41:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I understand." Hal replied.

"Normally it's almost instant that it starts up, at least." he went on.

"But they'll arrive shortly, and they'll get things done." he continued.

"Just make sure to answer any questions they have." he finished, before she heard her doorbell.

She could guess who was there.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 03:47:36 )

"Yeah, of course." Was all Miki said before sighing.

"That's them now, I assume. I'll talk to you later." With that, they ended the call and she made her way to the door before opening it.

"Hey. Thanks for this." She said simply.

"Up the stairs, first door on the left."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 04:12:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The team nodded and made their way up the stairs, save for one.

"Right." they said.

"I'll need a recount of what happened." he told her.

"Which is to say, how did you find him, and what were you doing beforehand?" he then asked her.

"We need it for the records." he reasoned.

"And the sooner you answer, the sooner we can get this done." he added, taking out a recorder and hitting the button.

"I saved the day!" her 'partner' declared, even though only SHE would hear him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 04:13:46 )

Miki nodded before telling him all that he wanted to know. What she'd been doing, where she was, how she got the idea to go look (even though she hard him scream), and everything else.

"Not sure what the hell happened, but I just know that he screamed, my companion gave a warning before he did, before heading off. I know that he wasn't involved though, as Ican feel his presence constantly." She then said.

"Beyond all that, I have no idea what happened, but that room is trashed."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 04:34:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...all right then." he finished, putting the device away.

"Thank you for your cooperation." he told her.

"We'll have the room cleaned up perfectly, and we have our orders as to what to do with Agent King." he continued.

He then paused for a moment, before sighing.

"And, as a friend, I'll let you know as soon as I learn anything about Ty." he promised her, speaking more informally now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.