Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Night Terrors

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 07:17:23 )

Hollie was silent, but staggered back after being slashed. She brought her hands to where she'd been slashed, completely silent and obviously stunned. She didn't feel any pain though, and as she pulled her hands away and saw the blood, Leo was able to see Hollie's consciosness fading, and fading fast.

Sierra, meanwhile, just steed up to their opponent and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Don't you dare suck this up. You have three seconds to replace it before I scream." She warned.

"One." She started counting, almost as if she was talking to a child.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 07:43:27 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo and Juliusz raced towards Hollie to try and help her, as the creature just started to laugh... almost as though it weren't thinking straight now.

"Ah-hah. Hah. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" it laughed.

"I WILL CONSUME IT ALL!" it shouted.

"THIS DREAM, THIS WORLD, IS MINE!" it finished, before the suction seemed to increase in ferocity.

"......" Leo was silent, before conjuring up earplugs for the three of them.

"She can't kill us or really hurt us here, but we don't want to hear this." he reasoned, as they all put them in.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 07:45:42 )

"Two." Sierra continued before sighing as Hollie and Juliusz accepted the earplugs.

The banshee just rolled her eyes before shaking her head. She glanced back to Leo and the others, the Order member just nodding, before looking back to the creature.

"Three." She said before opening her mouth, causing it to split at the corners a bit to open wider.

Mere seconds later, if they'd been in the real world, instead of the dream realm, the air molecules would have vibrated with the strength of her scream.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 08:03:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Even with the earplugs, the three of them could tell that the scream wasn't pleasant. They felt the discomfort in their heads, like a vibrating headache.

But that was nothing, compared to the somnovore.

It stopped inhaling the dream world, before it grabbed at its head, involuntarily causing the dream to be expelled from its gullet, and then collapsed to its knees.

"AAAAAH! NO! NO! STOP!" he shouted, but Sierra did not.

Eventually, the creature collapsed to its side, continuing to clutch at its head... before it then started to melt and dissolve away, into a weird black puddle of sorts.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 08:05:44 )

By the time that Sierra stopped screaming, the somnovore was gone. There was, quiet simply, no chance of it recovering by that point.

". . . you had a choice." was all she said before sighing and turning to face the others.

"You all, all right?" She asked, concern in her voice.

"I... doubt I am, to be honest." Hollie admitted honestly. "I feel all right here, but.. I can almost feel myself fading."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 08:25:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The earplugs were gone, and before anyone could respond to Hollie's statement about her feeling herself fading, there was another voice that cropped up.

A new one.

"We'll try and fix that." it said.

Then, from the door that had been busted down, 3 more somnovores stepped inside, but these ones looked more like humanoid silhouettes, and FAR less primal.

When everyone instinctively went on the defensive, the one in front raised its hands up in a non-threatening manner.

"We're not here to hurt you." it assured the group.

"If anything, we're here to see if we can't try and right what our fallen former comrade has wronged." it said further, looking at Hollie.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 12:24:04 )

Sierra was silent for a moment before glancing to Hollie.

"... how?" Hollie asked after a second or two.

"And what would be expected of me in order for you to do whatever you're going to do?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 22:00:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The trio approached her, and one sighed.

"Nothing would really be expected of you." they said. "Other than a strong will to live, and a soul that refuses to give up." they went on.

"If we do not interfere now, you will surely die." the first one told her. "However, we can delay it enough that you will be able to get medical treatment for your injuries." it said further. "However, you will be trapped in this dream world for an undetermined amount of time." it then warned.

"....any time estimates at all?" Leo asked.

"Depends on her." the somnovore said, gesturing to Hollie.

"Her own soul and will determine that." it added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 22:04:33 )

Hollie nodded before smirking.

"I got a will to survive in spades." She said with a light chuckle.

"I've got people to live for." She then said.

"I'll do anything to ensure my survival, as well." She added before sighing lightly and looking to Leo and Sierra, who had moved back over to where he was.

"Make sure Hal knows what's going on, will you?" She asked. "And that this is NOT his fault."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 22:21:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo nodded in response.

"We will." he replied.

The head somnovore merely sighed, before using some shadow magic to collect the puddled remains of the one that had attacked earlier.

"We somnovores lead very quiet lives." it said. "We need to feed every few months, and to do so, we must cause extremely intense nightmares." it explained. "But, we feed on the nightmares we create, and then disappear, our victims never experiencing that same nightmare ever again." it continued.

"So you exist as a flipside to us, the Order." Leo chimed in.

"Pretty much." one of the other somnovores confirmed.

"However, a dark elf named Encrae got into the mind of our comrade." the first one went on. "Convinced them to eat more often, for pleasure, regardless of the imbalance it would create." it continued.

"Odds are the victims were killed to try and hide evidence." it added, shaking its head slightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 22:24:40 )

Hollie just growled.

". . . Of course it's that bitch." She stated, sounding... very much as if she was not in such a position of power as she truly was.

"She gets her fingers into everything, I swear." she muttered.

"I had my suspcions though." She admitted before pausing a moment.

"Wait... HOW?" She asked. "As in ... how the hell did she even know you guys exist? Or even how did she contact?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 22:48:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"We do not know." the leader replied.

"Odds are she made contact in a lucid dream, much like you have done, but we don't know how she learned of our existence, or when." it admitted.

"Now, I'm sorry, but the longer we stay here, the higher the risk of this place becoming more and more unstable." it then apologised.

"Sierra, guess we have to go." Leo said to the banshee.

"Just know that even though she will not wake up, she is safe in this dream world, and she will be among the one that she wishes to be with. the somnovore told them, as Juliusz placed his hands on Hollie's shoulders from behind her.

"But get her to a hospital for her external injuries quickly." it added, before Leo suddenly remembered something.

"We're missing the head of our Order!" he exclaimed. "We think that your former comrade may have done something to her!" he told them.

This caused the leader to curse slightly.

"We'll contact Chronos and work out a way to bring them back." it responded.

"..." Leo was silent for a moment, before nodding, as he and Sierra started to fade from 'existence'.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 22:57:22 )

Hollie was silent before sighing lightly.

"Thank you." Was all she said for a moment.

"I'm... do what you will." She then said with a light smile, obviously grateful that they were willing to help her out.

"And thank you."

---

The pair appeared back in Sharps office and just just hook her head, not entirely sure what to make of this. When she saw hthat Sharp wasn't there for the moment, possibly having stepped out for a drink, or whatever reason (she knew he didn't live in his office, after all) she just sighed and took a sleep.

"You don't have to hang around, I don't think." She commented, her voice almost painful to hear. She wasn't screaming, and was talking at a relatively normal volume, but it was louder than her norm and Leo was able to get a first hand reasoning as to why she spoke so quietly normally.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 23:17:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo winced a bit when she spoke, before shaking his head.

"Ah, right." he said.

"You have Agent Sharp to fill in, and I have to speak with Chronos." he commented.

"Thank you." he then said to her. "Without your help, we couldn't have done this." he reasoned.

"So thank you for what you've done." he said further.

"It's no stretch to say the world is in your debt."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 23:19:41 )

Sierra just shrugged.

"That's unimportant." She stated, her voice softer than before.

"I'd rather people don't know." She continued. ". . . if only because I'm a banshee.... people... might not take kindly to that." She said with an almost sheepish expression to her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 23:42:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Leo was silent, before nodding.

"Right." he said.

"Thanks again." he repeated, before disappearing from where he was.

Sierra was then left waiting for about a minute, before Hal returned.

"Agent Gardner?" he addressed her.

"....so. How did things go?" he asked, expectant and a little agitated, probably from the anxiety he was feeling.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/29 23:45:21 )

Sierra met Hals' gaze before smiling softly.

"The issue has been handled." She told him honestly, her voice still not quite as soft and quiet as normal.

"But... there is some information you should know..." She trailed off, knowing that he wouldn't like what she was about to say. After a moment she paused, looked a bit shocked.

"Hollie isn't dead!" She said quietly, a bit louder, almost as if she was in recovery mode.

"She's... just gonna be out of commission for awhile. Apparently a coma for however long. No one knows, just... she WILL survive. Assuming she gets the apporopriate medica treatment.

[b]♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/30 00:11:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent for a moment, but sighed heavily when she finished saying what she said.

"Firstly, thank you for the volume awareness and changes." he told her.

"Secondly, the issue has been handled? Good." he said further.

"Thirdly, Hollie will survive, but assuming she gets the proper medical attention?" he then asked. "....then might I ask if that is happening right now?" he asked further.

"And if not, WHY?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/30 00:16:26 )

"She was slashed by the thing." Sierra answered honestly.

"But that's an entire issue in and of itself." She then said with a light sigh.

"We also found out what happened, and how." She continued before shaking her head.

"But, that aside. Hollie is ... I assume... still asleep on your couch." She told him. "I have no idea what her current state is though, as Leo and I came straight here. You .l.. might want to get home, or get someone there to tend to her."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/30 00:34:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal immediately started to look enraged, before his desk phone rang.

He half-stormed over towards it, and picked it up.

"This is Sharp." he said curtly.

"...oh? Mmhmm... mmhmm... I see... oh?... mmhmm... mmhmm... well, all right then. Very well." she heard him say into the device.

"I will be there later, but thank you." he finished, before saying goodbye and ending the call.

"That was Leonard." he told Sierra.

"Seems he got Dr. Rene Calder over there to take care of her and make sure she's in stable condition. So I don't have anything to worry about in THAT regard." he added with a bit of a relieved sigh.

"How are YOU doing, Sierra?" he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.