Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Night Terrors

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/20 07:12:06 )

She was silent for a few seconds before sighing.

"Yo! Liv! Come on, and pick up the pace!" She called upstairs as she got her daughters bookbag together.

"You're going to be late and Daniel is going to leave without you!" She added. A few seconds later, a blonde haired girl with what seemed like strings of gold throughout her hair, came bounding down the stairs.

"I'm sorry Mom." She said as she started getting her shoes on.

"Wait, hold up." She said before pausing and looking upstairs.

"Zeke hasn't surfaced yet, wanna go get him?" She asked. Liv paused a moment, shrugged, before heading off toward the stairs up again while her mother made sure that she had everything for school.

-

Liv knocked on the door, got no answer and paused. She... could smell... something... something not good. It actually smelled a bit metallic, to be honest.

"Hey, Zeke?!" She called into the room, not sure what it was that was to be expected here. After a couiple seconds of silence, she knocked again, this time more forcefully.

Again, there was silence when she called in. So she made her way to the staircase and called down.

"Mom! Zeke's not answering!"

"Just go in!" was her mothers reply. Liv paused a moment, before shrugging and heading to the door. She knocked one more time before opening it.

"Hey Zeke, I"m coming in!" She called as the door opened and she stepped in. Once she did, she froze.

". . . Zeke...?" She asked quietly as her brain tried to process what she was seeing ahead of her. There was red everywhere, the bedsheets were completely destroyed, and Zeke... was dead. She couldn't deny it.

Liv stood there, silent, still, for about two minutes before racing to the door.

"MOM! ZEKE'S DEAD!" She screamed down the stairs. Almost immediately afterwards there was a crash. She'd dropped her dishes before racing upstairs and to where her daughter was, standing across the hall from the room. Liv motioned fo rher to head in, and she did.

What she saw, was not what she'd wanted to see. With a loud curse, she managed to avoid anything too serious, due to how her daughter was there. She just pulled her phone out of her pocket and called her boss.

"Hal. I need you to take Liv to school for me while I get ..." She paused, finding herself having a hard time getting the words out, "Zeke..... " She paused, took a breath and di all she could to keep her tears from falling or coming forward.

"Hal... I need you to take Liv, because I need to get Zeke's remains to the Unit to check him over."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 03:25:57 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

".........." there seemed to be a long silence from the other side. However, it was only about 3 seconds, before the man on the other end spoke.

"Got it." was all he said.

In about 5 seconds, they heard a voice from the kitchen downstairs.

"I'M HERE!" Hal called to them.

He then made his way upstairs, quickly getting Liv away from the scene.

"Come on, sweetie, let's go." he said to her quietly.

"Tell me EVERYTHING when you learn it." he then told Angela. "SOMEONE is going to pay for this, and they will pay dearly." he vowed.

'What in heaven and hell's name could have killed Zeke?' he then mentally wondered. 'He's half ARCHANGEL...'

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 03:31:40 )

Angela was silent before nodding.

".... if you don't think school is a good idea for her, take her to the medwing. I'll just... I'll watch her there." She said. He could hear the pain in her voice, along with the extreme shock. Liv seemed both resistant to the idea of leaving, but also a bit on the complacent side. She was as stunned as her mother, and perhaps it was going to hit her harder.

There was no way to know, but considering she was still quite young...

Angela, meanwhile, just stepped into the room with a sigh before whistling, getting the attention of the fae around the house. She'd need their help getting him there, after all.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 03:48:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Hal was silent, before looking at Liv.

"Come on, Olivia." he whispered. "Let's go." he told her.

"I'll take you to the Unit. No school today." he finished, before they both disappeared.

Just as they did, the fae that Angela had summoned showed up, and looked shocked and horrified at what seemed to have happened to Zeke.

"Goodness gracious!" one exclaimed.

"What happened!?" another asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 04:01:29 )

Angela was silent before shaking her head.

"I... I want to find out." She answered as she stepped forward toward the bed.

"So.. help me get him to my work, will you? I don't have the mana to do that, myself, but I know you guys can."

----

Liv was silent as they arrived and she sat down. She didn't know what to make of this, was more than a little stunned and shocked.

She was sitting in the comfy arm chair in Hal's office, completely silent, as he had stepped out for a moment to talk to his receptionist.

She couldn't believe that it was that she'd just witnessed, what had happened.

To say she was a little shocked, would be an understatement.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 04:27:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yes, of course." one of them replied, before they started to fly around Zeke, preparing to transport him.

---

Hal was speaking to his secretary, telling her how he was NOT to be disturbed right now.

At ALL.

He was going to devote his time to trying to comfort and console Liv, and that was final. That was the most important thing right now, and he would not hear otherwise.

--

With the pooling of their mana, the fae and Angela were able to get Zeke to the medical wing... specifically, where bodies were examined. And one of the attending staff was extremely shocked and horrified to see who Angela had brought.

"...Doctor Edwards...?" he said quietly.

"Please tell me this isn't who I think it is." he said further, trying desperately not to believe his eyes.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 04:36:10 )

"It is." Angela said, her voice rather cold, almost hard.

"And we need to figure out what happened to him." She added after a second or two. She was keeping her voice calm, cold... detached.

She had to.

---

"I... I can't..." Liv started before shaking her head.

"How? What the hell kille dhim in the hour that he was in bed without Mom?" She asked after a moment or two, knowing that Hal wouldn't kjow.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 05:08:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." the man was silent.

"Very well." was all he said, as he started to prep for it.

Meanwhile, Hal just sighed as Liv asked her questions.

"I don't know sweetie." he said. "I... I just... I don't know." he mumbled.

"Hopefully we'll find out." he then told her, trying his best to comfort her.

---

Zeke's world slowly changed from darkness to light, as his eyes fluttered open.

'Wha...?' he thought.

The last thing he remembered was being in a dream. And then nothing. And now he was in a cold and sterile area, where everything seemed to be metallic. He was unfamiliar with the area, but it looked vaguely familiar... mostly because he almost never went to the coroner's area.

He then saw that he was naked, and looked over and saw the backs of Angela and one of the staff members. And they were readying scalpels.

"....can I at least know why I'm being operated on?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 05:12:59 )

Angela was silent for a moment, before just setting what she had in her hands down, and leaning forward a bit, her hands on the councer she was in front of.

". . . do me a favour, Spence." She started.

"I just heard a question from Zeke. Am I insane? "

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 05:36:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Spence was silent for a moment.

"I..." he stammered. "I... heard it, too..." he said further, slowly looking behind him, as though he were in a horror flick.

"Yo." Zeke said with a wave.

This caused Spence to almost freak out, as he dropped one of his implements, and started to back away hastily.

"....was it something I said?" Zeke asked.

"Also, it's kinda cold in here. Can I get a pair of shorts?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 05:38:23 )

Angela just sighed, took a breath, before calmly turned to face the one that was supposed to be dead.

"You... had no vitals. Nothing." She told him after looking to Zeke.

"How... how the fuck are you alive?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 06:04:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......huh?" Zeke muttered.

"I... wait..." he mumbled, before stopping and thinking about it.

"That... might explain a lot." he went on.

"For future reference, it takes a celestial being to truly kill me." he told her. "...or the devil. Or a REALLY high-level demon." he continued.

"Ok, we'll discuss it later, but I'm damn hard to kill. Usually I'll go catatonic as my body repairs itself, though that can take a while." he explained.

"But... what the hell DID that to me in the first place...?" he then wondered aloud, scratching at his head.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 09:13:20 )

Angela was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Well... that really would have good to know in advance." She said before shakign her head. "And you will be ... adequately reprimanded for omiting that little detail." She paused a moment before biting her lip.

"As... as for what happened.... I have no idea." She told him honestly.

"That's what we were going to cut you up to find out."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/22 03:38:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke just sighed.

"It never came up." he said. "...also, it DID slip my mind..." he admitted sheepishly.

"But I'm sorry for the distress I caused you-" he went on, before pausing suddenly. "...and... oh dear, if Liv is under the impression that I'm dead, she might want to come see me." he told her.

"See that that is not, in fact, the case." he reasoned.

"But... damn, what DID happen to me...?" he then wondered aloud.

"The last thing I remember is... well... dreaming." he told Angela, as he got into a sitting position.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/22 03:40:51 )

Angela was silent before nodding to the one that was there.

"Spencer, go grab him something to wear, will you?" She asked. After he was gone, she just sighed.

". . . Liv was the one that found you, Zeke." She said simply, and honestly.

"After you're dressed... you should go up to her. I think Hal has her in his office."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/22 04:02:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..........." Zeke was silent for a moment.

"Oh." he said. "Oh dear." he said further, his tone more hushed now.

"I... yeah, okay, I should see her." he continued, getting up off the table, and landing on his feet.

It was at that point, Spence returned with some jeans, boxers, and a shirt. He quickly handed them to Zeke, before leaving.

"Lost and found. It'll have to do." Zeke said, before putting the clothes, on... but pausing when he read the shirt.

"...I swear he did this on purpose." he muttered, putting it on.

Mommy's little angel. it read.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/22 04:10:06 )

Angela just laughed with the shirt.

"Use your mana, go home and get some of your clothes then." She said with a simple shrug.

"If that's an issue." She then paused a moment before looking from it, to him.

". . . might be a bit small for you, admittedly."

---

Liv had been largely silent, sitting on the chair Hal had in there with her knees up. It wasn't hard to guess or tell that she was taking what she saw hard. Granted, Hal wasn't entirely sure what she was thinking, but at the same time, he had a pretty good idea.

She wasn't talking, though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/22 04:39:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke looked down, and saw that his bellybutton was exposed.

"....quick trip home." he said.

"Just to get a shirt." he told her.

"I'll return these clothes later." he added.

Meanwhile, Hal was silent, before sighing and looking at Liv.

"Olivia..." he said quietly.

"I... I'm sorry." he apologised.

"But... will you please let us try and help?" he asked, before there was a knock on the door.

"Busy." Hal hissed, venom in his tone.

"...uh... but this is important..." Zeke's voice said from behind the closed door.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/22 04:44:28 )

Liv was silent as she looked to the door. There was no way, she was going insane and it was someone else.

Had to be.

That much blood.... Zeke was dead. He couldn't be here.

Could he?

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/22 04:58:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Hal was silent as well, and did NOT look amused.

At all.

"...is this some kind of cruel prank?" he said, his tone promising severe consequences if it was.

There was silence from the other side of the door, before it opened slightly, and Zeke poked his head in.

"I... I assure you, it's not." he said.

"I'm here. And I am not dead." he assured them.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.