Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Night Terrors

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 04:36:08 )

Miki nodded.

"Thank you, Adam." She said after a momen tor two, obviously relieved that he was willing to give her any information.

"Just... thank you." She repeated before sighing lightly.

"I'll leave up there to you guys. I don't think it'd do well for me to be up there."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 04:57:55 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Adam just nodded in response.

"Indeed." he responded.

His facial expression then changed, showing her he'd gone into a more 'professional mode', before he left, heading up the stairs.

"Hm." her companion muttered.

"Poor guy was really turned into mincemeat." he said further.

"......YOU gonna be okay?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 05:02:23 )

"I have to be." was Miki's reply.

"I have a life. It can't stop because Ty's in trouble." She then said before sighing lightly.

"But I am making it a priority to figure out what the fuck happened."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 05:23:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ahhh, yeah, you're one of those 'strong woman' kinda humans." her 'shadow' responded.

"Well, good luck with figuring THAT crap out." he told her.

"Whatever did it, did it quickly and stealthily." he went on.

He then paused, and looked to be thinking about something.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"Though there's something odd about that scene up there." he said further.

'Oddly familiar...' he then thought.

"Not sure WHAT..." he added vocally.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 05:29:39 )

Miki was silent for a moment.

"Do me a favour, will you?" She started.

"You say it's familair... try and figure out how, why, and what about it is." She sahid after a few seconds.

"If you can."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 05:55:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The figure froze for a moment.

"Wait, I said that?" he asked.

".....oh yeah." he then muttered. "We're linked. I can hear your thoughts, and you can hear mine." he remembered, shaking his head.

"I keep forgetting that." he admitted.

"....." he was then silent, before sighing heavily and shaking his head.

"Yeah, yeah." he said.

"Wrack the brain for a solution to the problems." he said further, waving his hand a little and disappearing into her shadow once again, silent.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 05:59:56 )

"Thank you." Miki said quietly before sighing and making her way to the kitchen. She needed a drink after finding what she did upstairs. Now, all she could do was wait to find out what was going on.

She'd stay out of the Unit unless she was told to go though, mostly so she could definitely make sure she wasn't in anybodies way.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 06:23:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Within 30 minutes, the team had cleaned up her room and removed Ty, with Adam letting her know, and saying she could go into the room again.

And, after that, all Miki could do was wait. Wait to hear about Ty, and try and find out any info she could.

She was waiting for far longer than she would have liked, as far as Ty was concerned... about 2 hours... before she received a call from Adam.

"Looks like his body's starting to regenerate." he told her when she answered.

"It's... slow... but it's happening."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 06:29:15 )

Miki, who had been cleaning while waiting for any information, sighed when she answered the phone.

". . . took long enough." She commented.

"Any ideas as to why it took so long? This is... unusual, and a little alarming, even."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 07:01:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"We have no clue." Adam replied.

"We'll ask him when he's fully formed and conscious." he told her.

"Regardless, it seems he IS regenerating, so he'll be up and about eventually." he continued.

"At the rate he's going, you'll be able to see him in about another 3 hours or so." he guessed.

"Just figured you'd like to know."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 07:09:27 )

Miki was silent for a moment before nodding, even though he couldn't see it.

"Yeah, thanks." She said, definitely appreciative - and he could hear it.

"I appreciate it." She then said before sighing.

b]"I'll catch you later, Adam. Don't argue with me when I give you a gift card this time as a thank you, hey?"[/b]

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 07:25:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

There was a sigh on the other end of the phone.

"I... you know... that..." he stammered, before sighing again.

"Okay, okay, fine." he told her.

"I won't argue." he said.

"Just don't go overboard with it." he stressed. "Seriously, don't make it TOO extravagant, even though I know you can afford it." he continued.

"Okay?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 07:41:14 )

"No promises." Miki answered.

"Anyway, I'll catch you later." With that, they finished their call before she just sighed.

Ty was regenerating, at the very least. That was the important thing, really.

---

A few hours later, Miki arrived at the Unit looking a bit more dead tired than expected. Jake had been concerned, but she brushed him off (as was usual) before making her way through the building and the halls to where the medwing was.

She stepped in and made her way to where she was directed that Ty was. She was there about fifteen minutes before he was finished reviving, and she just let out a breath of relief once he moved.

"Hey." She said from where she was agains tthe wall.

"You ok?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 08:02:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ty checked over his body, sighed as he watched the very last bit of skin close over and mend, before looking at Miki and sighing once more, this time deeper than the last one.

"Hey." he replied.

"Yeah. I am." he told her.

"Sore. Got a monster headache, but I'm here." he said.

"Man, that was weird." he then commented, shaking his head.

"It's never taken THAT long before..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 08:08:49 )

"Yeah... I know." Miki agreed after a moment or two.

"Do you have any idea why it took so long?" She then asked.

"Because... I think you worried more than just me with that extended play."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 08:25:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....sorry about that." Ty responded.

"But... it's hard to say." he told her.

"Generally speaking, when I 'die', I have the mental wherewithal to 'prepare' for it." he said. "Yes, my DNA does it always, and it's involuntary, but some mental preparation can speed it up... like saving an image of how I used to be, and that gives the rebuilding a recent blueprint to work off of." he explained.

"I was unconscious at the time, ie: sleeping, so my body needed to 'search the archives' for a recent 'blueprint', and work off of that." he went on.

"And even though that was just hours ago, it makes a difference." he continued.

"Yeah, being a regenerator is filled with weird rules and such." he admitted, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

"Also, I think whatever attacked me also attacked my mind somehow, which slowed things down even MORE." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 12:07:00 )

Miki was silent for a moment before sighing. She could completely understand all that, but sadly she had nothing for any of that.

"Well... At least you survived it. That's the main thing." She commented.

"Do you think there are going to be any side effects from it?" She asked, her tone curious and a bit concerned.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 21:18:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ty crossed his arms over his chest, and pondered her question.

"Hm." he muttered.

"Good question." he said.

"Admittedly, this particular situation is one that I don't think I've ever encountered before... or if I have, it was so long ago, I've forgotten about it." he told her.

"So... I'm sorry, but truly, only time will tell." he lamented with a sigh.

"However, for what it's worth, I don't feel any different from any other time I've regenerated." he then said with a small shrug, hoping that would at least help a little.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 21:55:32 )

Miki nodded.

"That's probably a good thing." She commented before sighing lightly.

"Still don't like that it took you so long, though." She then admitted.

"I just wish you knew what was going on." she added with a sigh before shaking her head lightly.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/26 22:32:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I wish I did, too." Ty responded, getting up and stretching.

"But it all happened so fast. I couldn't keep up with it." he lamented, shaking his head slightly.

"I'm sorry." he apologised.

"And yeah, I don't like that it took as long as it did, too." he went on.

"But at least it happened."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.