Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Night Terrors

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/22 05:00:07 )

Liv was completely silent before looking at him, meeting Zeke's eye.

"I..." She started before shaking her head and looking to Hal.

". . . can a shifter copy a nephilim?" She asked after a second or two.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/22 05:22:40 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"I..." Hal stammered.

"I don't... know." he admitted. "It's never been done, or recorded, at least." he added.

"I'm not a shifter, I promise!" Zeke insisted.

"Liv, your fave soda is Cherry Bubble Blaster! I bring it occasionally when I'm back from Europe." he told Liv, before pausing for a moment.

"Wait..." he said.

"Wait, did you say that that Root Beer, Barrel Barry's, had replaced it? Or that it was close...?" he then wondered, thinking about it some.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/22 05:28:37 )

Liv was silent before tentatively getting to her feet and making her way over. She opened the door fully before looking Zeke head to toe, almost judging him. After a few seconds, she just wrapped her arms around him and held fast, obviously rather scared and worried about what had happened.

She was silent though, which was likely unexpected, but it wasn't hard to tell that she was almost painfully relieved he was there, alive, and all right.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/22 06:00:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke responded by returning the hug and holding her close.

"...we'll need to ask you some questions about this." Hal told him.

"I know, I know." Zeke responded.

"But I need to make sure Liv is all right." he added, as he continued to hold her and reassure her that he was all right, and everything was okay.

About a couple of months later, Zeke was in the local precinct, speaking with a new liaison there, and showing her the ropes, helping her out.

But he then paused when he overheard a couple of other cops talking... mentioning about how someone was found clawed to death in their bed.

"....huh?" he muttered.

"Someone was found dead in the bed, supposedly clawed up by an animal?" he asked the female.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/23 07:31:48 )

She looked over to Zeke when he asked his question before nodding.

"Yeah." She answered with a light sigh.

"It's actually one of the things I was asked to give you, to transfer it over." She then said before looking through something in one of the desk drawers.

"There've been a few by this point, actually. It's stumping everyone."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 03:38:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Zeke was silent as he heard that.

"I see." he then said.

"That's... quite disturbing." he commented.

'Is it the same as me?' he asked himself mentally. 'And if so, does this have a singular cause, or multiple ones?' he wondered further, before shaking his head.

"Regardless, I'll be sure to give it to my superior, post-haste." he told her.

"Anyway, back to business, I gave you the cards of all your key contacts regarding us, yes?" he asked, wanting to make sure he'd gotten that done.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 03:42:43 )

She nodded.

"You did." She told him as she continued looking. After a few seconds, she puleld out a file.

"Here we go." She said before holding it out to him.

"there have been four cases so far, and your boss agreed to take it on, as it's most likely fitting." She didn't want to say anything that could be overheard, and not good.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 04:06:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....right then." Zeke muttered.

"Well, then I think that about does it for orientation and such." he told her, carrying on with the conversation that they should've been having.

"If you have any questions, call or text me." he went on.

"If you start to feel overwhelmed, it's all right. It's understandable. Just don't stress yourself out over everything. Remember, you're here to be a bridge between agencies." he reminded her.

"Know the scope of your duties, and don't set a trend where you'll always do more. That's a very good way to burn out. Only go above and beyond if you KNOW you can do it, and it won't interfere with your normal duties."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 04:10:40 )

She nodded as he said all he did.

"Yeah, yeah of course." She said after a moment or two.

"Be sure to get that file to your boss too." She added.

"But don't worry. I'm pretty good with separating myself from stuff and not being overwhelmed." She then said with a light laugh. It was part of why she was even working for Hal, technically, in the first place. She had an uncanny ability, and it was primarily because she was technically three different people in one. Mana experimentation gone very very wrong with her.

"I'll see you later. You go do what you need to." She added with a smile.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 04:32:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke nodded in response.

"Indeed." he said.

"Have a good day." he told her, before they parted ways.

Once they did, he discreetly made his way back to the Unit, going through security, and started to make his way to Hal's office.

Hastily.

So much so, he ended up turning a corner and bumping into Anya, causing them both to fall to the floor on their asses.

"OOF!" he exclaimed, before registering what had happened.

"Anya! I'm so sorry!" he apologised, scrambling to his feet and offering his hand to her to help her up.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 04:35:03 )

Anya was silent as she accepted zekes proffered hand and got to her feet. She looked to him quizzically a few seconds later.

"Not.... Not a problem." She said before pausing.

"Where are you running off to? You're usually more aware of your surroundings then that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 04:55:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke picked up the file he'd dropped, and sighed.

"I'm on my way to see the boss." he told her.

"Remember a bit ago? When I... eh... 'died'?" he asked. "Woke up in the autopsy room?" he asked further.

Anya just nodded.

"Well, it's not just me." he said.

"Seems we have at least 4 documented cases of it happening to others." he went on. "Others that can't just wake up after dying..." he said further.

"This is officially worrisome, and troubling."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 04:57:58 )

Anya was silent for a moment before opening her mouth to say something. She paused before sighing.

"I... Yeah. That is worrisome." She agreed.

"Wonder what is happening... I'll start checking the mage channels online and whatnot, see if I can find anything about this." She then said.

"aim thr meantime... Deliver that to Sharp. He... Needs to know about this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 05:18:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yep." Zeke replied, before continuing on his way.

---

Syraene was sitting at her desk, going through the files and invo she needed to go through, before she heard a frantic knocking on her door.

"...come in." she said.

No sooner had she said that, one of the people in her employ, a young male named Peter, quickly rushed into her office.

"Miss Syraene! Miss Syraene!" he exclaimed.

"We've got trouble Big-big trouble!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 05:22:26 )

Syraene sighed lightly before meeting their gaze.

"What's going on, Peter?" She asked, her voice urious, and actually a bit concerned.

"Waht's causing such a reaction?" She asked, no impatience to her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 05:58:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It's Cecelia!" Peter responded.

"She-she-she's-she's-" he then rapidly stuttered, as though he were stuck on 'repeat', before Syraene stopped him.

"Stop." she said. "Calm down. Take deep breaths. Organise your thoughts. THEN vocalise them." she told him.

Peter did as she said, and after a minute, looked at her.

"She's gone!" he said.

"Nobody can find her! Nobody can track her! She's... we think she's dead!" he revealed.

"Is her beacon still responding?" he asked, faint hope in his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 06:01:02 )

Syraene was silent for a moment before getting to her feet. He could see the weight of what he said, that she wasn'timpressed, but she knew the severity of what he said.

She approached a cabinet before opening it, the full length doors seeming heavier than they looked. She then seemed to rifle through 'pages' of small glowing dots before finding the one she was looking for. When she found nothing there, she sighed and just held a hand over and said the name of the one she was searching for.

For nothing to come up.

". . . . she's not listed in here any longer." She said after a moment, weight to her words.

That was not a good thing. Not at all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 06:15:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Peter's expression sank.

Hard.

"No..." he whispered.

"No, that... that can't be..." he said in a hushed tone.

The worst appeared to have happened. An Order member was gone. Wiped from existence. And that was something that VERY few individuals and/or creatures could do. And Syraene knew when Chronos was going to 'prune' the ranks in advance, so right away he could be crossed off the suspect list.

However, she figured she would ask him, anyway.

Regardless, that didn't change the fact that there was a very worrisome situation on their hands right now.

"What... what now...?" Peter asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 06:16:47 )

Syraene sighed lightly.

"I'm... not sure, admittedly." She then said.

"Try and continue on. I'm going to look into what can do this." She paused a moment, "And inquire with others to see if they know anything. Chronos, Emelie, etc."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/24 06:34:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Peter was silent, before nodding.

"All right." he replied.

"What... what should -I- do?" he then asked.

"Like... people are going to ask me questions because they know I went to talk to you about this. They're going to want information." he continued.

"But if her beacon isn't responding, that's not good, to understate it." he went on.

"What should I say?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.