Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Shark's Hangout

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 00:21:39 )
@Rallaa: Working with dogs is so cool o:

What kinda horror movies? Slashers? Monsters? Psychological? Everything? :D

Voltie — HIM Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 01:16:03 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Shark: Probably everything. But he really enjoys the ones that work in romance subplots.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 02:42:30 )

@McCoy: Yeah my family was not one with power. They said it was really awful. They had stories where they were trying to stay warm too. I can't believe that you had to go through all of that in the US. It's like you were in the 3rd world.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 06:14:15 )
@Totalanimefan: It makes you realize how nice electricity and such is and to not take them for granted.
Hopefully this winter isn't as bad. It's been in the 30s this month and last but today it got up to 81, so I'm not sure what it'll be like in a couple months.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 16:32:41 )

@McCoy: 81 is pretty hot for this time of year. That’s like south Florida levels of warm.
In DC it’s been seasonally cold. Highs in the 49’s and 50’s. Lows in the 30’s but still mostly above freezing.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 20:45:37 )
@Rallaa: Nice. My OC Zane likes a lot of horror stuff :)

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 22:34:42 )
@Shark: ok ty

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 22:45:03 )
@er henderson: Are you going to be participating in the event here? :)

Voltie — HIM Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 23:17:38 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Shark: Does Shark like horror too?

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 23:29:08 )
@Rallaa: Myself? Definitely! :D It's the best.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/11 09:41:38 )
@Totalanimefan: Next weekend we get a 51/38 high/low, so we're frustratingly unpredictable than any other state I would imagine. Florida can take their eerie climate and do its own thing.

When I was considering a career in high school I wanted to work somehow in meteorology.
What did you want to be when you were not an adult?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/11 15:25:29 )

@McCoy: I think that would have been really cool. I love learning about the weather.
I wanted to work work animals when I was really little and then it switched to wanting to be a voice actor (like for anime) and then I did sometimes think I wouldn’t mind being a teacher cause the first two seem kinda impossible lol. I didn’t end up coming a teacher which since the start of the pandemic I’m very happy about. Teachers are treated like punching bags in the US and the pay is awful.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — HIM Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/11 18:52:55 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Shark: New lore drop for Mick and Aiden

Decided Mick also has an interest in classic cars, but currently lacks the resources for it. He hopes he can purchase and restore a classic car himself one day.
Also this:

They met in a public park when they were about pre-teens. Aiden was crying alone on a park bench, being ignored by the other kids and passersby. (Evidently there were no decent adults around.) Mickey saw him crying and came over to make fun of him.
Aiden graciously lapped up the cruel attention from Mickey because he was a neglected child, sorely lacking any sort of attention at home, and was ostracized in his school life as well for being a crybaby.
They continued to meet like this for several weeks as Mickey had nothing better to do from having almost no friends himself either. Other kids often pushed him away because of his anger issues and attitude, but no matter how mean he was Aiden never pushed him away. Eventually they were practically inseparable as close friends, with a cycles of mockings, crying, and makeups. A very strange looking relationship to those around them.

As they got older, Mickey's attention started getting taken by pretty girls, and Aiden just would not stand for this. Mickey's attitude had started to rub off on him, and he became hostile to the women that came around the two. Luckily for Aiden, he had naturally feminine features. A subject of torment from his classmates when they were younger, but now his weapon to keep Mickey for himself. He knew that Mick couldn't resist his tearful eyes, and with some work he'd make sure Mick couldn't resist his other charms either. Mickey enjoyed this newer, fiery, side to Aiden, and found himself drawn in further.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/12 03:03:15 )
@Rallaa: Oh hell yeah. You're really good at this!

Voltie — HIM Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/12 04:00:46 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Shark: Aww shucks, thanks.
I feel like I get a bit too try-hard into the way I write things out sometimes.
I try to write it like it would sound a bit natural, as if it were being narrated.
But I end up humming and hawwing over not repeating things too often.

Like this sentence:
"Other kids often pushed him away because of his anger issues and attitude, but no matter how mean he was Aiden never pushed him away. "
It feels a bit weird to me, now that I'm reading it again. "pushed him away" twice in the sentence like that.

At some point after their dating relationship had began, Aiden made the mistake of intentionally invoking Mick's jealousy by opening flirting with another man. He didn't really mean anything by it, he just wanted to get a rise from Mick so they could do their little song and dance of fighting followed by a makeup.
But Mickey gave hardly any response. Just a short glare, and a long, cold-shoulder that lasted several days. It was an agonizing torture for Aiden, and a mistake he wasn't going to make again.

Voltie — HIM Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/12 04:15:57 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Shark: You got lore on Zane, or other OC?

Edit: Oh, I'm checking out your avi closet.
Your avi of Danny is so cute. Good job!
And your old avis, I recognize some of these.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/12 05:05:28 )
@Rallaa: Yeah! It's good. Like from a book. I can't do that at all. XD My explanations about my characters are not concise or comprehensible or anything. I use my art to showcase how they are for the most part. And I've got playlists for most of them! owo Just songs that I think they would listen to if they were real.

He's a bit odd. He was abandoned as a child, and was adopted into a cult. There he learned about his ability to control fire, and became fascinated with knives.
As an adult, he caught the eye of his now boyfriend, Morgan, who is a detective. Morgan felt some strange connection to Zane, and they kept crossing paths.

edit: oh gosh, thank you! :D I've got lots of Danny art too.

Voltie — HIM Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/12 05:12:39 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Shark: Oooh, was Morgan like...investigating the cult? Did Zane leave the cult?
He has his eyes covered in everything. Is he blind?

Art by kiwi

Voltie — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/12 05:38:33 )
@Totalanimefan: My girlfriend is in education and she echoes your sentiment.
What about the pandemic made you prefer teaching as opposed to the simpler days of 2019?
I hope things are okay.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/12 05:39:53 )
@Rallaa: Mmm... maybe loosely. Zane did leave, yeah. He left when he was a teen. Too powerful to be controlled, but also not skilled enough to control his power. He keeps them covered because he wants his eyes gone completely, but they kept regenerating. He noticed that he could still see even with them covered.

Ping me!

Hangout

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.