Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Shark's Hangout

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/27 02:58:15 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I'd like to do something like that. But I don't have a big family and none of my friends live near me.

I had some taco bell.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/27 04:15:52 )

@Shark: Luckily I have my husband but I didn't have any fam with me. But I did see them the weekend before for my graduation. We all live very far away.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/27 05:01:27 )
@Totalanimefan: It's nice to have family close... unless they're like, assholes.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/27 23:04:27 )

@Shark: Yeah I would love for my sister to live near me but she is across the country. We get along well. As for the rest of them it's ok I guess. I still care about them but we are really different and things seem so distant.
How are you doing today?

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/28 01:02:59 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah I never really got to know any of my family.

I'm ok... not really doing much. Having a hard time lately with trying to make friends.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/28 03:26:03 )
Our family is cliquey. After my Grandma passed in 2008 the family has been splitting into two and some have holidays for certain members only and the others who aren't invited get together when they can and hang out. It's not everyone gathers at one place and time anymore. Then Covid hit and it got even worse. It's all good though, I know where I stand and I'm good with it. Don't have to pretend and put on your fake smile with some family members anymore.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/28 04:07:55 )
@macsen191: Yeah... that's unfortunate :( How are things going for you this year?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/28 17:55:04 )

@Shark: I’m struggling with that too. It’s was hard already and the pandemic made it harder. I hope 2023 can bring you more joy.
Yesterday I was really struggling mentally. As you might have seen my dog died on Tuesday. :(

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/28 18:25:47 )
@Totalanimefan: Definitely :( oof, 2023...

Oh gosh, I'm sorry D: Losing a pet is so sad.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/28 18:37:52 )

@Shark: 2023 needs to be the year all this shit turns around. And I’m not just talk about Rona lol.

Thanks. He was sick for a long time but it was still hard to put him down. I’m less stressed but where the stress was there is a huge hole in my heart. :(
Sorry to bring all this negativity in here. We can switch subjects if you want or just talk about what we want out of 2023 lol

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/28 19:48:31 )
@Totalanimefan: 100%. It's been bad for far too long. I got some new medicine to hopefully help with my chronic pain.

Aw, poor baby. D: My cat is getting to an older age, so... it could be any time for him. maybe many more years though, you never know.

What are you looking forward to?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/28 22:21:45 )

@Shark: I really hope that helps you! You shouldn't have to live like that.

How old is he?

Spring again haha. But for real, new job (might be starting in Dec, but prob Jan), moving into a new place in March, Otakon in the summer, and hopefully just no more awful blows that are out of our control and that suck, like the overturning of Roe v Wade. That one hit me harder than I ever thought it would.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/29 00:25:53 )
@shark: It's going good this year. Were moving Dec 1st and over the weekend my Aunt is going to rally the troops(family that you don't have to fake smile around and if you break down crying they get it) and were gonna hang out after the big stuff is moved(we don't have much big stuff but what we do is a pain to move.)

@totalanimefan: I am sorry about your dog. They are like family aren't they? Last time we moved I had to rehome all 3 of my dogs and that was rough. It's diffrent than putting a dog down, but you still grieve and miss them like crazy.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/29 00:42:37 )

@macsen191: Rehomeing them sounds like it's so painful. The 1st dog I had my parents gave away while I was at school, so I didn't know and I didn't get to say goodbye either. I couldn't imagine if it was 3 pets.
Yeah they really are like family. He was sick for a long, long time so I'm glad he's not suffering anymore, but I still miss him.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/29 00:57:41 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah I hope so ^^;

He's about 12 and a half now

Word. Sounds like things might go in the right direction.

@macsen191:
Ohh nice! Hopefully the move goes smoothly. I know how stressful that can be.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/29 01:10:36 )

@Shark: I think he still has plenty of time :) I know cats that have lived to 20+ years. Also my dog was 14.
Yeah I hope so, we can only have so many BS years in a row, you know?! Something has got to give.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/29 05:54:15 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah. You hear about that 27 year old cat? same age as me that's crazy....

you'd think. xD as they say, it gets better...

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 19:00:05 )

@Shark: Wow that is crazy. When I was in college my now husband's family had a cat that died at 23 years old. I was only 20! It felt so weird to think that the cat was 3 years older than me.

I'm ready for it to get better. We can turn things around.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 19:10:34 )
@Totalanimefan: oh my gosh, yeah! That's weird to think about.

haha, maybe. I feel like every time I feel a glimmer of happiness, it just gets ruined in a few hours. :(

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/1 19:21:19 )

@Shark: I know, I feel like that's the theme for this decade, but we gotta snap out of it sometime right?! lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.