Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Shark's Hangout

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 20:44:52 )
@Totalanimefan: aww that's so cool! I love deer. I'm always on the lookout for them. And any animals, really. xD

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 01:36:18 )

@Shark: Me too. When I was living in FL there was so much wildlife. I miss that. Cause it was the tropics there were a ton of different birds and lizards and things like that. And we would get all the birds that fly south for the winter.
It's still weird to me when I see something like a cardinal in the summer cause to me we would only see them in the winter growing up haha.
Do you have some fav animals that are wild in your area?

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 16:43:09 )
@Totalanimefan: oooh yeah! The wildlife in FL is so different than everything in WA. xD It would be like living on another planet for me haha.

I love all the birds and the deer and elk... little harmless snakes, rabbits... coyotes. owo

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 21:47:42 )

@Shark: Yeah when my husband moved with me to FL from England he couldn't believe what it was like. He loved all of the different wildlife and he was always asking me what's this or that one called. :)
I just love nature. <3

I didn't know that you guys had snakes that far north. What do they do during the winter?

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 22:06:07 )
@Totalanimefan: The birds are especially neat. XD all the cranes and stuff. Though I suppose we do have herons.... They just don't hang around your front yard haha.

Yeah! I guess they just burrow... Once or twice I've gone walking past a bush and seen a pile of little tails slithering away.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 22:17:30 )

@Shark: Herons and Cranes are both very pretty kinds of birds. It's kinda amazing how big birds can get when you look at the tiny ones.
I guess so. It seems like a harsh life for a cold-blooded animal but I guess it enjoys living in that area or it would move.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 03:33:41 )
@Totalanimefan: yeahh! I love the big birds. They look like they own the place.

yeah they make do somehow. :)

Voltie — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 11:05:51 )
@totalanimefan: Whole moly, I don't know if we even got eight inches last year in Texas in February 2021.
If 2023 is a repeat I'm going to be very not happy. I like the snow but in small amounts.
I hope things are okay.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 19:44:49 )
Heyooo.

I'm listening to Jeff Rosenstock's album SKA DREAM

:))

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 20:56:51 )
@Kory: Not very much. But this was a special version of an album they did a year before called NO DREAM, which is just punk. And they ended up making this ska version a lot better than the original IMO. Just very talented musicians.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 21:11:42 )
Maybe? Lol. I dunno. It's got some good head-bangers.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 22:51:34 )

@Shark: Haha they do have attitude don't they
Ska is awesome, so much fun in a short song. Sometimes it's a not a good genre to listen to when anxious lol

@McCoy: I'm in DC. Not every year gets that much snow. We are kinda on the border climate wise, so some years one big storm can really give us a lot of snow but that might only be like once every 5-6 years. What was winter like for you last year?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 22:51:52 )

@Kory: Your avatar looks so awesome! I like it a lot.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 23:05:22 )
@Kory: word ^^

@Totalanimefan:
True.. guess it depends on if it's a slower or faster song.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 23:14:12 )

@Shark: That's a good point. Most of the Ska that I know is very fast paced. Like Ore Ska Band or Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra and what I know of Reel Big Fish. But I'm not super down the rabbit hole with the genre either.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 23:18:28 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah I barely know any ska. XD Except Streetlight Manifesto's song As The Footsteps Die Out Forever did make it onto my favorites playlist.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 23:27:35 )

@Shark: I feel like you always find really interesting music. ^^
I mostly just stay in the Japanese music universe.

Voltie — HIM Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 23:32:56 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Shark:
@Totalanimefan:

I recommend The Toasters, Big D and the Kids Tables, The Aquabats, and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 23:37:34 )

@Rallaa: Thanks, are they Ska bands?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — HIM Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 23:50:49 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Totalanimefan: Yeah. All about similar to Streetlight Manifesto I think. They don't really lean into the punk/skater vibe as much as some other ska.

Art by kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.