Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An End Comes to All

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 07:27:20 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...mine as well." Zeke responded.

He then got closer towards her, and wrapped an arm around her in a hug, but didn't want to disturb her eating.

After he was finished here, he would go and see Angela.

But he suspected nothing would have changed, or would change.

And it broke his own heart, and made the rage deep inside him continue to roil and boil.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 07:35:06 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

Liv returned it, just turning away from the food and wrapping her arms around him. She was still a child, and while she was trying not to show it too much, since she knew that she had to try and keep her head together with this, it was hard, and she needed to be able to show it sometimes.

Times like this, were perfect examples.

She knew, she trusted, Zeke. She knew he'd not hold it against her.

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 08:04:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When Liv wrapped both her arms around Zeke, he used his other arm and returned the embrace fully. He held her close, and did his best not to break down then and there.

'Damn it.' he thought.

'This isn't fair. To either of them.' he thought further, clenching his teeth together, but hiding it behind closed lips. He just continued to hold Liv until she showed signs of needing to break away, so he loosened his own hold and let her slip out on her own terms.

"I promise I'll keep visiting." he said.

"And I promise I'll find a way to REALLY help you and your mother." he went on.

"You'll see. I'm an angel, and I will make sure I live up to that designation." he added, conviction in his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 08:11:18 )

"I know..." Liv said quietly.

"I just.. I know. You're Mom's guardian angel." She added with a light laugh, an almost hesitant laugh.

"But... all we can do is keep doing what we've BEEN doing... and... and hope it's enough." She added, her voice quiet.

"Who... who knows?" She asked. She knew he didn't know, and knew that there was no way for him to know. She was sure he couldn't even go and inquire with anyoen above either, being half.

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 08:25:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....in the end, I... I wish I knew." Zeke replied.

In truth, that was sort of a lie. He had a strong feeling that ONE person knew. ONE person that had probably made all this happen. ONE person that knew what WOULD happen.

But she was practically impossible to speak to, and even Emelie sometimes had trouble getting an audience with her, she was so hard to talk to.

So... in the end, he may as well have had no idea. And he hated it.

"Just need to remain positive." he told her.

"Have optimism... and have faith." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 09:42:21 )

Liv was silent, but did nod. Faith was about all they could have, and she knew that.

The damage done to both her and her mom was extreme, but tey were alive. That's all that Liv was holding onto for the moment.

She had to hold onto that. She had to, it was largely all that was keeping her sane, keeping her from breaking down, at the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 02:13:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke said nothing more, and just continued to hold her. As he did, he felt the rage inside him rise. It was almost unquenchable, but he knew he had to try and keep it hidden.

However, at that point, there was another knock on the door, and Hal poked his head in.

"Oh, I didn't realize you were here, Zeke." he commented.

"Well, I was getting ready to go and see Angela." Zeke replied.

"....." Hal was silent. He'd just come from seeing her, and he knew Zeke wouldn't like what would happen.

"Ahhh, I see." he then said, as Zeke said goodbye to Liv, and left the room, with Hal making his way over towards the girl.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 02:16:08 )

"Oh, hey." Liv said as Hal poked his head in. After Zeke left, she sighed lightly.

"What brings you around?" She asked, her voice curious.

"I... I didn't expect you to stop by again."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 02:24:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, I wanted to come and see you." Hal responded with a smile.

"After all, I care about you and Angela." he told her.

"And I want to help you as much as I possibly can." he reasoned.

"....mmm, smells good." he then said, smelling the curry that she had.

"Didn't think the hospital served food that good." he chuckled, trying to make pleasant conversation and lighten the atmosphere in the room.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 02:25:20 )

Liv just chuckled.

"They don't." She answered before hodling the dish out to him.

"WAnt some? I'm not sure I can eat it all, myself." She added with a light sigh.

"And it's just not nearly so good after the fact."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 02:43:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent for a moment, and then sighed.

"All right." he said, accepting the dish.

"This DOES smell really good." he commented.

"Zeke really IS good to you." he added with a small laugh.

"I hear he comes to see you whenever he can." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 02:48:11 )

Liv nodded.

"I... Wouldn't be surprised if he skips out on work sometimes." She commented, seeming to know Zeke better than he may have initially thought ht.

"He.. Stops by to watch mom all the time too. He doesn't usually enter the room though." She paused here before sighing.

"I... I'm almost scared to know what he's thinking about this, how all this is getting to him."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 03:46:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Hal was silent, and sighed.

"I wish I could tell you." he said.

"But even -I- might be a bit too wary to look into that mind of his." he admitted.

"I do worry about him, though." he added.

"But I'm sure he'll find a way to cope." he assured her.

"He's strong, after all."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 03:51:02 )

Liv was silent, but nodded.

"Same... But... But I do wish he'd open up to me more than he does. I mean, I'm not an idiot. I'm a kid, but not stupid. I know he's hiding just how hard this is hitting him." She said after a few seconds.

"I know that it hurts, but... But he's not alone. He just... He needs to realise that."

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they've got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 04:00:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I know." Hal responded.

"I guess he feels he needs to be strong for you." he said.

"Or... maybe it's something more..." he went on.

'I wonder if he's scared...' he thought.

'He IS half archangel... I wonder if he's scared of that rage his DNA must be feeling...'

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 04:25:16 )

"I know. I don't know which it is, but I know that he's gotta have something. I just wish he'd open up." Liv admitted.

"But...we can't have everything... otherwise... otherwise... mom...." She trailed off before sighing, trying not to cry. She didn't really have any tears to shed anymore, anyway. The past few days had been... quite extreme for that.

She did go see her mom daily though, and while the original connection wasn't there, Angela wasn't dismissing of her. At least there was that... if nothing else

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 04:34:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal merely responded by holding her close to him. He held her close and didn't let go.

"Olivia." he said.

"I promise we'll do all we can for you and your mother." he told her.

"I will do everything in my power to bring her back to you." he assured her further. "And try and comfort you in this time." he went on.

"I'm sorry this happened to you." he then added quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 04:42:55 )

Liv just held fast. She knew she wasn't alone here, but she also knew that there was likely to be a lot of people who couldn't relate to her predicament.

She in essence lost her mother, the only family she had.

It was hard. Very hard.

She didn't know what it was that she was supposed to do beyond this, but also knew that she had to figure it out. She had to, she couldn't just be the only one. She just didn't know WHAT she could do here.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 05:05:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent, unsure as to what to say.

He didn't know if anything he could say right now would help. Anything he said would probably be empty words to Liv.

She needed someone to be there for her. Someone to confide in. Someone to just... BE there. And for now, he would be that person. She needed this.

'....if I hadn't asked Angela to guard that accursed pen...' he started to think, before banishing the thought.

He had no time for 'ifs' right now. Liv needed him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 05:15:36 )

Liv didn't say anything, was just grateful that he was there.

---

Peyton sighed as she amde her way into the building. She waved to the one manning the entrance as she was allowed in while noting it wasn't whow as usually there. It was probably a rare day off for him.

She just made her way in while heading down up to the media department. She had something to drop off from one of the local news stations, a report on a case that had the units involvement. They needed an official story on it though, before the public started to seriously question the law enforcement of the city.

As she was in an elevator, someone else entered with a guard.

It was the same persons he'd spoken to previously, however long ago.

She waved to say hello, asked the floor, and hit the button for them (as she was closer)

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.