Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An End Comes to All

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 00:49:35 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Chronos just sighed.

"I can bring it to 50%." he told her.

"But given that I will be maintaining dreams for a while, that'll be taxing for me." he said.

"But I CAN and WILL do that." he stressed.

"And YOU." he then said to Leo.

"....y-yes?" Leo asked.

"The records system of the Order has become too archaic. Can you bring it more into the technology age?" Chronos asked him.

"....that... presents some interesting challenges, but I think it's not outside the realm of possibility..." Leo admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 00:53:06 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

"I realise it'd be taxing, but at least with it not being filled fuilly right off the hop, it'll make it easier over time." Syraene commented.

"That's why I was suggesting add to it bit by bit over time." She then said. "More as we add more people and regain the levels we had before."

"I mean, you don't have to listen to me. This is jut what came to mind for how to recover." She added with a shrug before pausing.

"I'll help where I can, Leo." She then said. "Since I know that it would be a challenge to bring more modern anything to the realm, but between the pair of us, I think we might be able to do it. The problem would be setting up the tech hub, so to speak. There's ... no electricity there, it's all mana, and computers work through electricity. Not sure if there are any mana run ones yet."

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they've got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 01:19:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....well..." Leo mumbled.

"Actually... I've been in contact with some friends, and we may be able to produce a system and hub that is entirely mana based." he told her.

"Now, granted, it'd need to be electric mana, but we MIGHT get it to work." he continued.

"Which is to say, it'd be a system that exists entirely for the Order, connecting to nothing else, but we might need to... refill the tank every so often... so to speak." he added.

"If it's feasible, do it." Chronos told him.

"And I will do what I can to help rebuild the Order." he then told Syraene.

"I want it back as much as you two do."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 01:31:22 )

Syraene nodded.

"Makes sense. You've mentioned how... hellish it was for you to do it all soloe in the past. I know you started the order for ease an whatnot. IT was too much for one person to handle, even being a god." She commented.

"So we can definitely make this work. It's going to be a task to get it up and running again though, but it CAN happen."

"Anyway, Ilias, you good or do you want me to hang around to keep helping for the moment?" She then asked the gorgon.

"Because Leo and I have something we need to do, overall." She added.

"By the way, Chronos.... did the head vanish?" She asked, not sure who was gone, specifically.

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 01:49:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I... yeah, I should be all right." Illias responded.

"With what I know now, I should be able to finish this on my own." he added.

"Yes, the head vanished." Chronos confirmed.

"Well, the old one did." he then clarified. "The new head should do a much better job." he went on.

"Who's the new head?" Leo asked.

Chronos just smirked, and gestured towards Syraene.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 01:50:44 )

". . . . You do realise how stupid that may very well be, right?" Syraene asked.

"You KNOW how I am. You know that I'm not the most level headed, that I'm far too likely to let me personal bias get in thew ay sometimes. I'm not perfect, far from it." She continued.

"Are you SURE about this decision?"

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 02:07:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I am." Chronos responded.

"You may not be the most level-headed. You may let personal bias get in the way. You may not be perfect. But since you started working at the Order, things have done nothing but improve." he told her.

"But that improvement eventually stopped when those relics at the top realized you were shaking things up and threatening their little cushy lives on their cushy little 'thrones'." he went on.

"So it matters not to me whether or not you act like the head, you ARE the head. And I KNOW that it'll make the Order better." he finished, certainty in his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 02:29:21 )

Syraene nodded.

"I'll make sure you don't regret this in the future." She stated with a sigh. It wasn't hard to tell that she was both appreciative of it, but wary as well. She wasn't sure what it was that the future would hold, but at least there was a future TO behold.

---

She sighed as she sat down in the cafeteria with a light shake of her head. She wasn't sure where her friend was, and shew as more than a bit concerned. She hadn't heard from the woman for awhile, and while before now, it had been a case of she'd get texts or whatever, but this time... well, there was nothing. There'd been absolutely nothing for days now, and she was getting to be quite concerned.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 02:44:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She had been so distracted, that she really hadn't noticed where, in the cafeteria, she had sat down. However, it did NOT go unnoticed by someone else there.

He smirked to himself, seeing how distracted and concerned she looked, before glancing at someone else who was standing nearby. They were keeping an eye on him, but were also allowing themselves to scan the area and say hello to people, carry on small conversations, and such.

He guessed it was because of the special 'bracelets' that they had outfitted him with.

He then waited for the standing person to look away and engage in a small conversation, before looking at the young woman.

"Someone seems a bit down in the dumps." he commented offhand.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 02:56:01 )

She was silent before sighing, grateful for the pendant she had on, due to how she didn't know the voice that addressed her. When she looked over, she saw who was sitting there, and also noticed the one who was essentially the guard there. There were a few people in the area, so for all she knew that it was someone else that they were there for.

The end result was that she didn't know who this man was, and she didn't know what it was that she was supposed to expect here. So since she hadn't taken her pendant off yet, she wasn't in a rush to do so.

"A bit." She answered with a light sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 03:10:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

'...heh.' the man thought.

'Already a good start.' he told himself.

"Well, sometimes it helps to talk." he said.

"What's got you so down?" he asked, sounding slightly concerned.

"Whatever it is, it really seems like it's weighing you down." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 03:14:02 )

She just sighed lightly.

"Worried about a friend." She answered honestly.

"I was getting texts before, but... that's stopped. I haven't heard from her for a few days." She added.

"I'm yeah... I'm worried."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 03:20:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"A few days?" he asked.

'........hmmm...' he thought.

"I see." he said.

"Well, I'm new here, but I do hear things people talk about." he then told her.

"Perhaps I can help. Who's your friend?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 03:28:22 )

"Her name is Angela." She answered with a light sigh. He could hear the concern in her voice.

"And I haven't heard from her for awhile." She added, not sure what it was that she was supposed to say beyond that.

"She's never so quiet though..." She added after a moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 03:36:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....Angela?" he asked.

"Angela Edwards?" he asked further.

She nodded in response.

"Oh.... oh, I see." he then said, looking away some.

"I... well... I heard that... she's in the hospital." he told her.

"Overheard some people talking about it. Really worried about her."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 03:47:46 )

She was silent for a moment before nodding.

"I..." She paused.

"Thank you." With that, she got to her feet and headed off, not saying anything more since she had a thing to do now, it seemed.

She made her way up to the head office and sighed as she was told by the receoptionist there to sit and wait for her chance. After whomever was in there left, she was allowed in.

"Hey." She said as she stepped inside. She knew this wasn't going to be long, so she wasn't going to worry about a need to close the door or anything.

"I have a question."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 03:55:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man just smirked, and chuckled to himself when she left.

"What's so funny?" he heard his guard ask.

"....absolutely nothing, nothing at all." he replied confidently.

Meanwhile, Hal looked at the woman from behind his desk, and nodded.

"Of course, Peyton." he replied, gesturing for her to sit down.

"What can I help you with?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 03:59:09 )

Peyton just sighed.

"Angela." She started.

"Is it true that she is in the hospital?" She asked, her voice curious, and slightly unimpressed. No one had given her a heads up on that front, adn she couldn't understand why."[/b]

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 04:13:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........." Hal was silent.

"Damn it all." he cursed quietly.

"Yes. It's true." he said.

"I thought someone had told you. I don't know why I thought that, but I did." he commented, clearly sounding guilty over this.

"I'm sorry." he apologized.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 04:15:55 )

When he confirmed it, he saw her face fell. That was not waht she'd wanted to hear.

"I..." She started before biting her lip for a second.

"What... what's going on? Do you know anything?" She asked, her voice making it quite apparent that she was feeling rather distraugth about this. Her best friend was in the hispital, and that was never something you wanted to hear.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.