Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An End Comes to All

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 02:22:01 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The man sighed as he stepped into the hospital and looked around.

"...." he was silent, a concerned look in his eyes, as he made his way to the receptionist.

"Yes?" she asked when she was able to tend to him.

"Yes, hi, I'm here to visit a patient here, 2 of them if possible." he responded.

"The first one is Olivia Edwards." he told her. "And the second one is her mother, Angela Edwards... assuming she's allowed visitors now." he then said.

"My name is Ezekiel LeBlanc." he then informed her.

Zeke had spent a bit of time at the hospital, refusing to leave, spending time with Olivia and waiting for when he could see Angela. However, he WAS needed elsewhere, and even Liv told him that she didn't want him putting his life on hold for her. So, reluctantly, he'd left the hospital.

That hadn't stopped him from visiting every day, though.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 04:15:07 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

She was silent for a moment before checking the status on the two he mentioned. After a few seconds, she met his gaze again.

"Which would you like to see first?" She asked.

"Both are available for visitors at the moment." She then followed up with, not giving any other information for the moment as she didn't see anything right quick like on the scheduler.

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 04:47:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....really??" Zeke asked.

"Then... Angela first, please." he said.

With that, some papers were signed, and a staff member led him to her room. When they parted ways, Zeke paused at the door, almost scared to go in.

".................." he was silent, before he opened the door quietly.

"...Angela?" he asked, poking his head in.

"You awake...?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 05:55:57 )

When he made his way in, he saw the woman there reading something. A quick glance at the cover told him it was one of her favourite books, probably brought from home by someone else.

He'd been told nothing about her status since he was last there.

"Oh, hello." She said as she set the book aside and looked over. When she did so, he noticed that she had a marking at her temple that looked like a tattoo, but it was very like and barely visible. The colour was almost the exact same as her skin tone. He had to take a couple seconds before he realised what it was. It was the emblem of the book and pen, the sign that she'd fallen victim to it for a bit.

She looked mostly normal beyond that, and everything seemed good.

Until she opened her mouth again.

"Are you a doctor?" She asked

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 06:25:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Angela would have no idea how much that stung.

One simple question. 4 simple words. An honest inquiry. But it stabbed through his heart like a rusted arrow, piercing and carving its way through his chest.

"......." he was silent as he opened his mouth slightly, trying to answer, but no words came out.

"Ah... n-no." he managed to get out after a second.

"It's... it's me. Zeke. Ezekiel." he told her.

"...you... don't remember me, do you?" he then asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 06:30:13 )

She acquired a bit of a perplexed expression before shaking her head with a sigh.

". . . no." She answered. He could hear something aking to annoyance thing.

"Sorry." She added. "I ... yeah... been told that it's amazing I have the brain power to even hold a conversation, form the words to speak, and that me apparently losing everything in my past is a small price to pay."

"Want to fill me in on your details?" She asked. She sounded like she was legitimately confused, and concerfned about this... but was trying to at least figure out who she was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 07:01:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" again, Zeke was silent.

He didn't know where to start. What should he say? Ease into it? Unload all the info.

"I... well..." he said.

"I mean... we... work together for Hal Sharp at Special Unit 3." he told her.

"We're coworkers, and... well... we're friends." he went on.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 07:06:31 )

Angela was silent for a moment before sighing lightly.

"I get the feeling, this isn't going to be a quick conversation." She then commented. "Have a seat, let's get to know each other again." There was a smile to her voice, even if he couldn't see it. She was trying to move past this, and very likely trying not to break down with the development as well.

It had to be overwhelming for her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 07:26:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....all right." Zeke responded.

He was crestfallen over this, but was hiding it.

He wanted her to remember him, but more than that, he wanted her to remember her daughter... and remember her job, her career. He wanted her to have her life back... even if it was without him.

And there was an unearthly rage started to boil deep inside him. One that was directed towards the one that did this to Angela.

Meanwhile, as Zeke wrestled with his emotions and tried to help Angela, a figure made his way down the corridors of the Unit, stopping at the doors to the lab. After he used his special pass to get inside, and got directions from a lab assistant, he made his way to the room where Syraene and Illias were, knocking on the closed door.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 07:35:41 )

When he made his way into the room, he saw Syraene standing at a whiteboard, wcribbling something down, with Ilias working on something on the table a little bit away from him.

"Hey! Ili, you should add half the sand you're expecting for this." She then said.

"I don't think it's going to be quite as strong this time around, but I'm not entirely sure." She added.

"Take a look yourself, of course, but this is largely my guess, I suppose?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 08:04:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh?" Illias asked.

"Hm... yeah, I can understand that." he said.

"Half it is, then." he told her.

"......." the newcomer was silent as he witnessed the two of them, working intently on what they were working on, before he cleared his throat lightly.

"Uh... hello?" he said.

"I was asked to come here?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 08:08:07 )

Syraene paused before chuckling.

"Hey Leo." She said.

"And yeah, having a second person who knows what they are talking about with teh sand may be very very useful." She said before looking voer to him.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Consdiering ... well, everything that happened with the Order."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 08:25:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'm feeling all right." Leo responded.

"Seems I managed to escape that fiasco unscathed." he said.

"Guess it helped that I was spending time with Nakia when it DID happen." he then admitted, scratching the back of his head a little, and chuckling.

"I would imagine so." Illias agreed.

"Anyway, some extra hands and knowledge about Order sand would be greatly appreciated." he added.

"I'll do all I can to help." Leo replied, making his way over towards the two of them.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 10:54:55 )

"That will definitely be appreciated." Syraene commented before sighing lightly.

"Because there are a couple of walls we keep hitting." She added before pausing.

"Ah, do you know what it is that we're doing?" She asked after a moment or two.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 17:35:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....ah.... no." Leo admitted.

"We're bolstering Order sand to make it more resistant to corruption." Illias responded. "Severely decrease the chances of something like THIS happening again." he added.

"Oh!" Leo exclaimed.

"That would be amazing!" he said commented.

"Anyway, as I said, I'll do what I can to help." he reiterated, before looking around some.

"...so what walls do you keep hitting?" he asked.

"Well, one of them is that a pair of equations aren't adding up as they should." Illias responded. "If you could help Syraene find out WHY, then we'd be able to rocket ahead." he told him further.

"Got it." Leo said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 02:06:53 )

"I really didn't think it would be nearly this difficult to do this." Syraene commented witha sigh.

"So let's see if we can figure anything out."

---

She was silent as she made her way back to the room she was staying in, before sighing. She grabbed one of the phones off the table next to the bed and looked to it for a moment. It was her moms, and she knew that was where she was going to find the number she was after in.

She made her way to the contacts, to the number, and hit call. She didn't know what it was that she was going to say, exactly, or how he'd react as he answered the phone, but she ... hoped it would be all right.

Her mom's boss needed to know what was going on, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 04:15:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Got it." was all Leo replied with.

Meanwhile, Hal was in his office, sorting through papers, when his phone rang.

"Hm?" he mumbled.

"What's this about?" he wondered.

He then sighed, and answered the phone, putting his work on hold for a moment.

"Agent Sharp." he said into it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 04:19:30 )

"Hi Angent Sharp. It's Olivia." a young voice said as it rang through the receiver.

"I... I don't know if anyone told you anything about my mom yet, and I thought I'd update you if you havent been told." She continued. He answered that he hadn't heard anything, but that he wanted to know how she was doing.

"She... She has amnesia... Pretty severe from What I've been told."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 05:48:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Sharp was silent as Liv said what she did.

"...someone told me that there was a strong chance of that happening." he said.

"I didn't want to believe it, admittedly." he then went on.

"But I guess there's no avoiding it." he sighed, shaking his head, though she couldn't see it.

"How are YOU holding up?" he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 05:53:05 )

Liv was silent for a moment before sighing lightly.

"I'm surviving." She told him.

"They want to keep me here for another few days due to an infection, but I should be good to go home soon." She added befopre pausing.

"Not... not that I Really think I wanna go home..." She then admitted with a sigh. It wasn't something that would be hard to understand, or even believe though.

"She didn't want to go back to where she'd have reminders of her mother, considering her current state.

[b]♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.