Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An End Comes to All

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 06:23:19 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp bit his bottom lip when he heard Liv's voice. The pain was there. She was taking it far more maturely than one her age would, but he knew the pain was there.

".....Olivia, if I had the power, all it would take is a wish, and I would restore your mother." he told her. But he didn't have the power to overwrite the book and pen's imprint... and he didn't know where Hailie was now, so 2 djinns weren't an option at the moment.

"....is there anything I can do to try and help, though?" he then asked.

"You can stay here at the Unit if you wish." he told her.

"You can stay at my house if you like." he went on.

"...I'm sure I can speak with Mrs. Leblanc, maybe she'll help you out." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 06:26:32 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

Liv was silent, biting her lip slightly.

"I..." She started before falling silent. He could hear how this was tearing her up inside, and it really wasn't hard to guess, at all.

".... I don't... I don't know." She then said.

"I just... I don't know what could help, I don't know what I'm gonna do, I don't knwo what I can do."

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 06:42:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I don't know, either." Hal admitted.

"I just... I really don't." he said.

"I'll do all I can, I promise you that." he then vowed to her.

"...this is hard for a lot of people, but I can only imagine what you're going through, Olivia." he then told her.

"But... you'll need to try. Try and see if you can jog your mom's memory. You're her daughter. You two have such a strong bond, I would think it impossible to be completely severed... even by something as strong as the book and pen."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 06:48:52 )

Liv was silent before nodding, knowing that it wasn't that he could see.

"I... I know." She then said.

"This is... something that I gotta deal with, but... but I really don't want to have to." She followed up with.

"But... but I don't have a choice." There was definite pain to her voice, but the best that could be done for the moment was likely to not leave her alone. She was young, if left alone when in such a state it could leave an impact for her future.

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 07:05:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Hal was silent, and right there and then, he'd made a decision.

"I'll be right there, Liv." he told her.

"I'm coming to see you. I'll be there in a minute or so." he said.

There was a time for work, and this wasn't it. Olivia was hurting, and he'd be damned if he was going to haver her suffer alone right now.

Meanwhile, in the lab, some progress had been made in the equations.

"....ohhhh! So if we change THIS... and swap THESE two... it should work." Illias said.

"I think so, yes." Leo replied.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 07:08:21 )

"Most likely." Syraene agreed.

"There's ALWAYS the possibility that we missed something, but... I really don't think we have. Between the three of us...." She trailed off as she looked over everything again.

"Yeah... I think we go----" She was cut off as she vanished, seemingly gone from where she was. Leo could, at least, tell that she hadn't used her own mana. That vanishing act of hers was as if mana was used. It was more akin to if she'd been suddenly ripped from existence.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 07:19:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....Syraene?" Leo asked, stunned.

"...Syraene!?" he then exclaimed further.

"What.... what happened...?" Illias asked, obviously confused and concerned.

"I don't know!" Leo shouted.

"This hasn't ever happened before! She didn't use mana to leave! She just... vanished! Gone! As though she just... stopped existing!" he said further.

"..........what?" Illias muttered, now FAR more concerned.

"What the SHIT happened!?" Leo then yelled.

"This is... what the HELL! This... WHAT!?" he stammered further, clearing growing more and more confused and upset.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 07:23:19 )

They were left fretting for close to three minutes before she reappeared, looking more than a little disoriented. She had to grab hold of the white board that was in front of her to stay on her feet.

"Waht.. .the fuck... was that!?" She half exclaimed before growling lightly.

"....." She looked around, a rather pointed expression to her face before making her way over to where the sand was and grabbing a handful of it.

"CHRONOS! GET YOUR FUCKING ASS DOWN HERE!. Right. NOW!" She screamed as she threw the handful of sand at the wall, where it stuck in teh shape of a rune, one that Leo could recognize. It was one that was used to summon the man in question.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 08:20:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......oh...." Leo muttered.

"Oh dear..." he said.

"What?" Illias asked.

"Just... back away... and let this happen..." Leo told him, taking the gorgon and moving several paces away from Syraene.

After about 10 seconds, Chronos himself, and not in spirit form, stepped out from the rune, clearing his throat a little.

"....yes?" he asked Syraene.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 11:18:34 )

"You are going to explain to me what the fuck happened." Syraene stated simply, pointedly... sounding much like she was admonishing a child.

"You make me poof out of existence, probably panic, then return with no explanation? Yeah, no. What happened, why did you do it, and will there be ANY repercussions to me for that little foray into oblivion?" She asked, her voice a bit sharp, but it wasn't ahrd to tell that it was primarily because she felt like shit still. It would probably take a bit (an hour or so she was thinking) for her body - and soul - to properly reacquaint with the world again, with existence even. That was very jarring.

"So yes. Explanation. Now."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 17:12:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Chronos was silent, before snapping his fingers.

"Ah, right, we're not done yet." he said.

Then, before Syraene could react, he placed his hand just above her breasts, and she suddenly felt... even more disoriented than before. She felt like her entirety was being... rewound.

And again, before she could even come to terms with it, he stopped.

"Ah, there we go." he said.

"NOW you're in the clear."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 17:21:19 )

Syraene didn't stagger back or anything, she didn't even look extremely disoriented or anything of that variety either. If anything, she looked a bit relieved.

". . . . . next time, a bit of warning would be nice." She stated. There was some ire to her voice, but it wasn't extreme. She could feel the difference with that, and knew that it wasn't a chase of she was about to die - if anything, he'd saved her life, really. Definitely her existence.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 17:26:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, yes." Chronos said.

"Well... yeah, hm." he muttered.

"I suppose I just wanted to get that over and done with ASAP." he admitted.

"What.... what just happened!?" Leo then exclaimed, relief in his tone, but also confusion and remaining concern.

"I purged the Order of corruption." Chronos responded.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 17:29:33 )

Syraene just sighed.

"Still. Next time, some warning. DOn't just thrust your hand into some chicks chest, hey?" She asked.

"But good. ..... now... question." She then continued.

"Well, two questions." She corrected.

"One: Are we on the right track for what we're doing here?" She asked, motioning to what they were doing.

"And two: Who... who is left?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 18:24:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Chronos was silent for a moment, and sighed.

"Right." he said.

He then looked at what they were doing, examined it for a moment, and then squinted.

"Ah." he said.

"Reverse this and this." he told them. "I'm not a scientist, but that seems like it might work better." he commented.

"...holy cow, he's right!" Illias exclaimed.

"And who's left? You. Leonard." Chronos then told Syraene. "And about... 30,000 more people." he added.

".....that's all...?" Leo asked in disbelief.

"That's all." Chronos confirmed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 20:30:15 )

Syraene just sighed lightly after the listing was done.

"That.... that's insane." She commented. "Considering there is a need for .... a couple million members to deal with all the people in the world." She added.

"Who is in charge of rebuilding it?" She asked. "By that, I mean collecting members again."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 21:50:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Simple." Chronos replied.

"You two." he said.

"....us!?" Leo exclaimed.

"Look, it's no secret that my organization was bloated." Chronos then said. "There were far too many people that had far too little responsibilities, and were essentially doing nothing but ordering people around and flaunting their seniority." he continued.

"...." Leo was silent, knowing that what Chronos said wasn't wrong.

"However, I really couldn't just decide to reset everything. As bloated as it was, it was still functioning very well." Chronos then said further. "But with as many people corrupted beyond saving as there was, it was really in my best interests to just... remove them." he lamented.

"It's a shame, as many of them were genuinely good people, but even THEY had been so steeped in it, the process of rewinding them would have destroyed them anyway." he went on.

"So I'm putting my faith in you two to try and rebuild the Order to its former glory days." he told them.

"But what about maintaining dreams and sleep? There's no way so few people can do it." Leo said quietly.

"I'll step in and personally oversee the majority of them, and lessen my duties as more people are brought in." Chronos assured the two of them.

"That being said, don't get TOO dependent on my doing it. It WILL be a temporary measure." he then added sternly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 00:22:30 )

Syraene nodded, seeming to be thinking this over.

"All right... so that's a workable amount, and with you agreeing to step in that's going to take a load off - a huge load - for now as well." She said before sighing lightly.

"I can think of a few beings to approach with this right outta the gate." she then continued. "How are the vaults, though?"

"I knwo the sand was the source of the corruption."

"Is there a salvageable amount, or do you do need to refresh from nothing? Because that will actually help determine the amount of work that needs to be done."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 00:29:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chronos nodded.

"There's a salvageable amount left." he said.

"....how much IS that?" Leo asked.

Chronos stopped for a moment, pondering the question.

"I'd say we have about... 35% left from when the corruption started." he told Leo.

"That's a sizable chunk taken away." Leo mumbled.

"Yes, but it's not ALL gone." Chronos said, before looking at Syraene.

"How does THAT fit into your calculations?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 00:33:09 )

Syraene was silent for a few seconds.

"I know you've said in the past that refilling that is... far more of a stresser than you'd like to admit, so going off of that...." She paused as she looked toward her own sand that was sitting off to the side.

". .. assuming the sand that everyone that still remains has, is clear... start new members off with half of what they would normally get due to the shortage, and they'll be fine. It would make it that it can be refilled in bits, instead of all at once, especially considering the fact that it won't be an immediate refill for the roster." She continued looking at Chronos.

"For now, do you think you can take it up to about half?" She asked. "I know that's still a notable amount, and if that's a bit too stressing on the mana for the moment, try for even just taking it up to 40, but if you can do half, it'd be a bit better, I think." She paused a moment, again.

"Most difficult too. The way I'm thinking is take it to fifty now, and then every six months add another 10%. Eventually, we'll get it up to full again, but it WILL take some time."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.