Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat People with long hair...

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 02:39:03 )

HOW DO YOU COPE IN THE HEAT
okay i've ALWAYS had long hair, its never been above my chin, but like,,,
this is the hottest Wales has been in a long time and holy hell i dont know how people cope with long hair in the heat
definitly getting that "first man haircut" this month jesus christ
oh yeah im finally getting my first "man haircut" i forgot to mention that
kinda want this but idk whether that would suit me or not OOF
for reference, heres me (also stitch bc stitch is cool)
warning it is big

whad'ya think be honest will i suit that messy fringe look
dont just say yes to be nice okay

ANYWAYS its hot and i need my hair cut like rn thnx for listening

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 02:54:54 )

@KairoSama: I am FEELING this heat. My hair is longer than its been in years. I think that cut would totally look good on you! And trying something new is always fun and exciting. I think you should do it. I used to shave mine all the time or keep a pixie cut, it's just so much easier to manage and so much less of a hassle...I absolutely despise long hair. (On myself) and it is so much lighter...ah how I miss those days... now it is just a big frizzy mess on my neck. Especially in the summer.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 03:00:11 )
@KairoSama: You could rock that haircut! :3
ALSO I LOVE THE RED TARTAN JEANS AND BOOTS. Yesss.

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 03:08:03 )

@Laufeia: honestly same rn!! mine is also really thick so it just gets EVERYWHERE and i really hate it
long hair problems oof
pixie cuts are so cute! are guy pixie cuts a thing bc i would totally do that

@Kozi: hehe yay uwu
AND IKR i was so happy when i found the jeans omg
doc martens are best boots hands down no one can tell me otherwise

@bum: if i do get a fringe type thingy i would definitely have like an undercut with it!! when i book the cut im probably gonna ask the barber what he thinks bc i have like no clue when it comes to what hair suits what face shape and all that jazz LMAO
getting ur hair cut is so much effort aH

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 03:19:10 )
@KairoSama: I mean you can go in so many directions, you should definitely ask what the hair dresser thinks as well :P boy cuts, pixie cuts, they're all so fun for me lol. I had a mohawk for a while even. And I regret none of it. What I do regret, is growing this shiet out tbh lol. My hair is very similar to yours so I think you'd look cool man :P
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — UWU/ Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 03:24:32 )
those are cute fringes!!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 03:43:47 )
/has long hair
/is actually dying all the time rn in the heat

I throw my hair up in a bun every single day. Even a pony tail is too long and gets too sticky and sweaty for my neck.
I tried running with a regular pony tail and my hair kept getting caught up in my armpits. weird. and uncomfortable. xD

As for the fringe, I feel like it looks like a pixie cut already. So, Male Pixie Cut activated!
I think you can rock any haircut you want as long as you own it.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — A.I. Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 04:04:07 )
Something similar to your sample pic with a chin-length fringe and more layers at the crown will help frame and lengthen your face in a flattering way. With your naturally wavy hair, you can take advantage of the extra volume it will afford you.

As Mousy said, it's less about the style itself and more about how it makes you feel!

If your hair is prone to getting poofy, it may take a bit of maintenance to get a short cut to sit properly as short hair is lighter and can take on a mind of its own, doubly so if you have any cowlicks. You can use a boar-bristle brush to train away cowlicks over time. Hair products geared towards anti-humidity can be a lifesaver!

When I had a pixie cut (styled after the generic visual-kei cut lol), I would flatiron my fringe and use pomade to lift up the back/top layers. I think that kind of style can suit anyone regardless of gender. We lived in a very humid climate, tho, so it'd often frizz/curl up at the top and sides which was a bit annoying. xD

please ping me if you need my attention! || be excellent to each other ♥
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 04:13:46 )
@Kairosama: I think it might suit you, but like everyone else suggested, maybe talk to your barber first. My stylist knows me well, so he excels at giving me haircuts I like in a style I also enjoy and that suits me. Going to be seeing him soon once I have funds, because I just can't handle my hair in this heat! It's ridiculous.

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 04:38:06 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

I have a hat I shove it into
Tho when it's so humid you can swim in midair there's no winning

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 10:46:54 )
    I would always recommend a short hair cut! My hair has been pixie-short for years now, and I love it. It's so freeing. Go for it! If you regret it, it will always grow back.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 16:49:42 )

I don’t think the answer has to be to cut your hair. You should put it up in a pony tail or bun when it’s hot. That’s what I’ve always done and I have long hair and am from Florida

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 18:23:02 )
I have super long hair, as does my husband. I cope by putting it up in super elaborate styles... buns and braids and etc all at once. My hubby either wears it down or pulled back into a low/loose ponytail. I don't know how he can stand it because he works in the heat all day as a new-construction plumber.
As for weather the hair will suit you or not: whenever I tried short styles, I'd always try ones that looked cute on folks with super straight thin hair... my hair is thick and wavy. It did not work out well. BUT the beautiful part about that is short hair grows faster than you would think, and you can try something else in no time. Change your look up a few times until you find out what is comfortable.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/8 20:13:05 )

Long hair has never been an issue for me in the heat. If I'm sweating a lot, I might tie it back to keep it off my face or in a bun to keep it off the back of my neck in more extreme cases, but for the most part, I haven't noticed any significant difference from when my hair was short. At best, shaving it completely down to the skin would make it easier to cool off if there was a breeze blowing... What I'm saying is, don't expect a haircut to solve all your heat problems. Wear a hat with a brim and loose clothing, stay hydrated.
As for hairstyles, I think your best bet would be go to a barber and talk with them about it. They'd have some insight to how what you want might translate to your particular face shape/hair texture.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 01:44:58 )

yo my dudes
i emailed the barbers im going to and they said that yes, they can help with trans kids!!
i dont know when im going but they said that i should book it so its early in the day so theres more time to figure out a hairstyle that would work for me etc etc
so HOPEFULLY i will finally have short hair and i'll be able to feel more MANLY (i know men can have long hair i just feel like keeping my long hair doesnt help much with trying to pass u know)
ANYWAY thank u guys!! since being on T can make ur face a bit more angular and such, according to this, i know i definitely want some sort of fringe. reading the comments i get the sense that a longer fringe would suit me, which just makes me wanna go FULL EMO lmao
buuuut since i dont want long hair, i dont know whether i really want a chin length cut u know??? like, i REALLY want shorter hair, itll make me feel that little bit more manly
maybe this?? why are they all in black and white jesus how edgy
anyway im all for a longer, chin length fringe, but i kinda want like shaved sides or even just really short sides, and a long fringe, u know? like in the first pic i posted
whether thatll work with my hair type idk, it frizzes up and is quite wavy (thanks mum) so MAYBE itll work? maybe itll get curlier when its short? who knows

also, no we do not have A/C in the UK :( ive literally had a fan on 24/7 for the past week in my room bc it gets so hot LMAO
honestly i feel like we'll introduce A/C soon if it gets hotter, yay global warming
@Laufeia:
@Kairu:
@bum:
@Mousy:
@koneko:
@Vii:
@LordLucre:
@Kitalpha Hart:
@Bioshock:
@sunny:
@Totalanimefan:
@Glume:
@Count Trashula:
@SirLionelNigelConrad:

Donator — UWU/ Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 01:47:53 )
ahhhhh i wish i have straight hair
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 01:49:35 )
@KairoSama: I'm glad! You definitely have to show pics when it's done!

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 02:04:39 )

@Kairu: same!!! imagine the possibilities omg

@LordLucre: i will!! i think the closest opening for the barber i was recommended is in like 10 days?? i was hoping this week but i was recommended a SPECIFIC barber so im willing to wait to get the best outcome uwu

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 02:16:46 )
@KairoSama: Of course. I'm thinking of getting mine cut too. In this heat, having long hair is a curse. It's not too long, but it's long enough to annoy me. Was thinking of getting something like this once I have money. Going to have it done at my stylist's too. He knows me really well.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 03:07:59 )

@LordLucre: oooh thats really cute!
its great having stylists that know u~
i havent had my hair cut in like 2 years so im not really sure i even HAVE a stylist rn LMAO

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.