Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 19:29:44 )
@Glume: Welcome! I am also drinking coffee right now. :vanora_smile:
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 19:43:29 )
@RainbowPanda: What I want from horror movies is more original monsters. I am also a fan of grindhouse because its usually so out there with weird. I loves me some weird <3

@nyreen: Hi! Being jobless is both lonely and boring. I need to make all the friends :D

@Miss Kitty: I have SO MANY PICTURES. But they're all on my phone at the moment. Maybe I'll upload them in a seperate thread later so you can all worship his cuteness.

@Fozzy: I literally have not stopped! It fills me with the force of a rabid street animal.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 20:00:44 )
@Glume: Well I'm here! Feel free to pop into any of my threads and friend me.
call me grem
they/them

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 20:18:27 )

@Glume: Welcome to Voltra!
Sorry you had the luck to arrive during a blackout, but we're working on turning the power back on as we speak. (All these damn wires...)

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 20:22:59 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Anything I can do to help? *Pulls out a plunger, strikes a serious pose*

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 20:27:08 )

@Glume: Oh, I like you. Prepared to work. Das da way to do it.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 20:31:47 )

@Glume: haha who doesn't love weird
I also like crime shows and adventure

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 22:17:21 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Hey I can't just stumble into darkness filled with nifty folk and NOT help. In fact, I designed some gear for some guy named Vyctor to do just that. In rides Glume in a timely fashion with some timely fashion!

@RainbowPanda: How do you feel about animation?

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 22:25:49 )
@Glume: Nice to meet you Glume! How do you say your name? I want to make sure I'm not saying it wrong, because I don't feel I'm doing it right.
I'm a fan of cultural research and mythology as well! My favorite tends to be Norse Mythology. Do you have a favorite in general too? I should get you to help me freshen up my memory of things like Roman and Greek... Though I also love mythology of Japan and other places~ There's so many interesting stories in the world!

Also... What kind of artsy things do you do? o3o Do you paint with bananas?

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 22:32:43 )
@Juneberry: I have a really hard time picking a favorite, because I keep finding new mythologies to explore. Norse is fantastic because they were just a bunch of cool guys. I really liked aboriginal myths about the dreamtime and their rainbow serpent deity. I suppose the fact that I'm narcoleptic makes that interesting to me. I'm very well acquainted with dream time! My favorite goddess is Eris, so I can totally help with roman/greek things.

I do all kinds of visual art. Mostly traditional-medium stuff these days but I loves me some pixeling.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 22:52:32 )
@Glume: What makes something traditional-medium? That sounds like a broad spectrum to me anyway. What do you like to make images of? And when you pixel, what do you like to make? Anything in particular?

I don't believe I know of the rainbow serpent deity! Tell me more. And maybe use it as a picture prompt 'cause it sounds pretty.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 22:58:02 )
@Juneberry: Traditional medium is anything not done with technology like computers and what have you, so it is a broad spectrum indeed. But I do computer art too, so... No limits! Here this might help you see what I usually do better than if I try to explain it (keep in mid these accounts are about 10 years old at least and I never update them <3): https://morganne.deviantart.com/ https://glumentia.deviantart.com/

I really don't know how to explain the rainbow serpent because that story is a roller-coaster ride. As are all mythologies I suppose, but... I read about it when I was binge reading all sorts of stuff and my recollection of it is fuzzy at best :D

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 23:00:44 )
@Glume: I wanted to make sure, because it's rare people say the full phrase 'traditional medium' to me, so I wasn't sure if it meant something extra specific or not, though it felt like it wasn't. And no limits, huh? Do you do mixed media sometimes too? o3o

Yeah, mythology is a real thrill ride many times. One of my favorite myths is when Loki went to a banquet in valhalla and just kept causing trouble until he was chased out and the chase between him and Heimdall is just... yeah xD But a rainbow serpent is probably even more interesting to me than Jormundgand since rainbow~

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 23:09:52 )
@Juneberry: I do mixed media all the time. I prefer it. My favorite technique right now is doing layers with tissue paper. I'll chunk in some shadows/lineart, glue on a layer of tissue paper, do some marker details, add another layer and paint, add another layer and start all over because I hate it lol

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 00:07:27 )

@Glume: Haha, nice.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 00:39:34 )

@Glume: Love it. But then again, I love a lot of genres ha

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 00:57:11 )

@Glume: Hello there! Welcome to Voltra ♥

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 01:09:44 )
@Panda: Thank you! I'm so glad I didn't completely miss this event haha it looks like it was much fun.

Voltie — BetaTester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 04:46:41 )
Hi! Welcome to Voltra and see you around.
Current avatar: Emmett Khan, Master of the Golden Keyblade.

Do you play RuneScape?

My DeviantArt Gallery:
EmmettKhan.DeviantArt.com

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 10:09:42 )
@Emmett Khan: are you going to slap me with baby powder if you don't get your money?
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.