Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops ✮ stardust | ~ deluxe profiles ~ open!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 03:17:04 )
o v o

@Vii: Yes, you should! Though chatting here gives your business more exposure which I can surely get behind. LOL, I luckily saved the song to my favorites before you changed it. And yeah, not many people seem to remember Pendulum or still listen to them. It was a pleasant surprise. Hm, I'll have to go and take a listen to what you have now...
What kind of music do you like? ;o

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 03:17:24 )

@Anarchist Beauty: lmao. Better than what I can cook up =P
Because that takes far more patience than I care to put out.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 03:18:02 )

@Lady Luna: it kinda gave me something to do.
It's a nice distraction from my shit life sometimes.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 03:19:06 )

@Anarchist Beauty: And that's why I draw, lol. There's my distraction. XD

But awww. shitty lives suuuuck

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 03:37:15 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Honestly it's really well done, you did a great job! And of course you get bonus points for making your own background, which I love btw. Purple space 5ever

@Lady Luna: No problem! That little image is indeed floating on top of everything else. A randimg link should work, and if not I can animate it to fake it. c:

@Dowan: My thoughts precisely!

My dad had bought me In Silico at a garage sale or something (maybe Tower Records? idk) and I remember that the first time I listened to it, it didn't really "stick" with me and I shelved it for a while, but then when I listened to it again later I was like... "Holy cow... how did I not love this instantly!?"
Most of the time I'll listen to progressive metal, but there's a lot of random stuff mixed in there like alternative, trip-hop, and of course drum & bass. The only kind of music I'm not really in love with is country, though there are some songs I find...begrudgingly palatable. xD

What about you? o:

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 03:39:03 )

@Vii: Awesome. That would be wonderful~<3
Thank you muchly, darlin'!

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 03:42:08 )

@Vii: Aww, ty. c:

I love custom backgrounds.
I make my own all the time for my banners and stuff.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 03:44:54 )
@Lady Luna: You're very welcome! It's my pleasure ~

@Anarchist Beauty: I wish I had the patience for it, as the results are more rewarding / "authentic"; sometimes I do, but most of the time I just turn to Google. xD Main problem is that in all the years of dicking around with it, I haven't bothered to learn how to use Photoshop to even 1/10th its potential. RIP

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 03:54:02 )

@Vii: lol
I constantly experiment with shit.
I use pixlr and GIMP, and paint occasionally, to do all my work.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 04:21:38 )
o v o

@Vii: Haha, I'm a nerd when it comes to music... and not in that I know a lot. I mostly prefer game and anime OSTs, but my experiences have expanded recently to include anything except for country. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to genres or sounds, unfortunately. Japanese rock and K-pop is cool, but so is stuff like Caravan Palace and Porter Robinson. Nowadays I'm into electronic music as well like chillwave. I'll give most anything a try.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 16:24:11 )
@Anarchist Beauty: I used to use GIMP, it's kind of hard to get the hang of it but it does have some really cool features that I don't think even Photoshop has (without plugins). Is Pixlr available for desktop? I have it on my phone...not that I ever take selfies or anything... >.> xD It's cool that you actually use Paint, though, I never would have guessed. o:

@Dowan: I love game OSTs, a lot of the time when I'm working on coding or writing I'll listen to the soundtracks from Metroid, Skyrim or Deus Ex. Video game music is usually really good, and underrated! When I was in middle school / early high school, I listened almost exclusively to J-rock and J-pop, then went through a weird Italodance (Italian disco music) phase--if you like electronic stuff you might like some things by Roby Rossini and Danijay. ^-^ Chillwave is nice. I like listening to stuff like that when I'm working / trying to stay focused. Also gotta love those lo-fi "beats to chill/study to" lol.
But yeah country is kinda... eh. It's usually too sad / depressing, or it's just the twangy guitar I'm not a big fan of, idk. xD Props to people who enjoy it, though, it certainly is its own little subculture, especially here in the Southwest. oTL

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 17:18:58 )

@Vii: It took me a while and a few tutorials to learn how to use GIMP, and I'm still learning new things. But it works for me.
Pixlr is just an online thing for desktop I think, at least that's where I've always used it. lol
And yes! I have made paint my bitch. It's sometimes easier to use paint than wait for GIMP to load.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 17:26:47 )
@Anarchist Beauty: I think if GIMP had a slightly different / more intuitive user interface it'd be easier to use; I always found it difficult to find things or find out what they even did. xD

God, the loading times, though... that's what always makes me think I need to learn to use different programs. xD I'll sit there and wait a minute for Photoshop to get crankin' just to resize a freakin' picture. But it's so smooth and high-quality, so...worth it... RIP.

I've seen people do some amazing drawings in Paint, and in terms of pixeling I can see how it'd actually work better than a lot of other tools. I just always think of the Paint I knew in my childhood that was so, so notoriously bad. xD I used to use it to draw as a kid. Always did underwater scenes. Not sure why...probably because it was easier to just fill the page with blue and scribble some fish.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 17:46:00 )

@Vii: Yeah, it can be a pain in the ass sometimes when you're trying to figure out shit. That's why I use the online tutorials a lot. There's a YouTube video for everything. lol

Yeah, my loading time is fucked because I hoard fonts like a dragon. lol

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 20:13:08 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Totally know the feel of font hoarding oml xD "this one has slightly less serif and you never know when you might need slightly less serif--" meanwhile you're cursing yourself for leaving the Text tool open last time.
I watch a lot of drawing / painting tutorials but I should really watch some for using the program. o: Idk how I used to paint in Paint.NET but somehow I did pretty well for a while. It's been like, a year since I've actually drawn anything digitally though... or at least that I can remember. c':

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 22:13:19 )
@Vii: Your profile is awesome, and do you mind if I use the premade, since it's free for the moment? =)
And would you accept a tip for it, as well?
110k // 225k volts.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 22:16:57 )

@Vii: Haha, same.
I love all my fonts though, they come in handy.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 00:19:22 )
@Lynne: Thank you dear! And please do feel free to use the pre-made profile! It makes me happy when people enjoy and use the things I create. <3 thank you so much for the tip!!!

@Anarchist Beauty: For real tho, especially with graphic design work.

So, how've you been? o:

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 00:41:33 )

@Vii: Heck yeah. Haha.
I also collect background images, because they're pretty.

I've been alright. Could be better, but could also be a lot worse.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 21:04:21 )
@Lady Luna: Whoop whoop! Just letting you know that I'm about halfway done with your profile. The structure and everything is in place, so now it's time to add colours/images, clean things up, and add some finishing touches. Hopefully I'll have it finished for you tomorrow! ^-^

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.