Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops ✮ stardust | ~ deluxe profiles ~ open!

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/7 23:36:31 )
@RoseyWitch: No problem, 'tis my pleasure~ ^-^ It's getting close to my weekend, so I'll have plenty of time to work on it and should be finished with your profile within a few days! :D

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/8 01:15:16 )
@vii: Take your time! I know how difficult coding can be, so if it takes a week don't worry, I understand!

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/11 16:07:24 )
@candiedaliens: I started on your profile last night and got a lot of the structural work done, so hopefully I'll have it all finished up for you today! ^-^ Just gotta clean the house first because otherwise it won't get done. xD oTL

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/11 16:08:55 )

@vii: Oh wow thank you!!! I'm excited! But as I have said before, don't worry, take your time! I don't want you to stress over the commission. uvu

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/11 16:14:21 )
@candiedaliens: I appreciate it m'dear~! ^-^ I just don't wanna keep you waiting too long, I've left people hanging for weeks in the past and I felt so bad xD just couldn't get in the right headspace though. My muse had dried up. xD

I'm on a roll with this one, though lol

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/11 16:22:06 )

@vii: Of course! But I TOTALLY understand, trust me. I've had to refund commissions before because of art block. XD Things like this always need inspiration, it's hard when you can't find any LOL
I believe in you!!!

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/11 17:03:07 )
@candiedaliens: It's like trying to juice a plastic fruit. xD My creative writing teacher always said that no matter how much you might want to, you shouldn't bleed the well dry when it's flowing. c': Alas when the muse hits, I'm glued to whatever I'm doing to take advantage of the muse while it lasts. xD So many times I've been like "sorry can't have dinner right now" because I was in the middle of a painting c':

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/11 17:08:58 )

@vii: Exactly! Hahaha but wow, that's great advice. But yeah I try to do the same as well! HAHA I haven't gotten that far though. But, alas, like your writing teacher has said, "don't bleed the well dry when it's flowing." Maybe if you get a bit of motivation, take your time and try not to stress? I have found that stress is one of the biggest reasons why people have art block.
Do you do a lot of art for yourself, or more for others?

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/11 17:19:35 )
@candiedaliens: So true; a little bit of pressure can help sometimes (time constraints and whatnot) but full-on stress can zap away any motivation and energy in an instant. Sadly, I simply don't sketch/draw as much as I used to, but typically when I do it's for myself--OCs, cover designs, that sort of thing. The same kind of applies for coding profiles, though I guess it goes a little both ways--I do it for myself to exercise my skills and push myself, but also to show others what I can do. c': It's definitely important not to worry yourself about "oh, but will other people like this?" too much when you're creating something, but in the case of creating profile layouts for other people, well... xD

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/12 03:36:00 )

@vii: Right??? But that's so true!!! I think, honestly, it really depends on the person. There's a lot of similarities between artists, but at the same time one person's inspiration isn't another's. Awww I'm sorry about that, but I'm glad that when you DO, it's for yourself. I find that the most stress relieving thing. That's smart though! I think it's always good to keep perfecting those skills. Your coding skills are so good, and I don't doubt that you put a ton of hard work to get thus far. But I totally understand!!!! Idk I feel as if creating profile layouts is sort of an art too? It's more technical, but it also has to work, and look satisfactory to others and yourself. So I can see why it could be a big stress factor.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/12 03:39:12 )
@candiedaliens: I definitely consider web design to be an art! A technical one indeed, but still requires composition and whatnot.

Speaking of which, I hope you'll be around a while longer because I'm so close to being finished! 8D I had a couple stumbles along the way but in the end I'm satisfied with the results. c:

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/12 03:46:19 )

@vii: I think so as well!

OH WOW! I didn't expect it to be done today! But yeah I'm definitely going to stick around for a while!!! But I'm excited! I think almost all things like this have rough patches, especially figuring out what goes where. Hahaha I'm excited to see the results! :D

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/12 04:16:21 )

@candiedaliens: Aaaand here you go! *sweats profusely* That was pretty intense, lol. I hope you like it! There are a couple things I'd planned on doing and couldn't for whatever reason (certain animation wouldn't work, booooo). Please do let me know if anything needs to be changed ~

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/12 04:19:53 )

@vii: OH MY GOD! I pasted it in and I freaked!!! Thank you so much!!! It is more than I could have ever expected. I'm freaking haha. Thank you so much again!!! Trade has finished!

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/12 04:22:11 )
@candiedaliens: Ahhh yes, that's the reaction I like to see! lol c': I'm so glad you like it! Honestly I picked up a couple ideas and tricks along the way, so it was fun. c: Thank you!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/12 04:25:08 )

@vii: Haha seriously! Above and beyond! I'm glad you had fun though, it makes me happy to see that! Seriously, thank YOU! Hahaha I'll definitely have to come back again, that is if I ever even want to change it. LOL (probably won't but I love your work so much haha)

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/12 04:32:46 )
@candiedaliens: Glad to 'hear' it! 8D

And time will tell. I always like to have a couple for different moods and seasons and whatnot. Fickle, fickle. xD Get tired of things too easily if they stay the same for too long. c':

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/12 04:34:35 )

@vii: HAH! Good one. LOL

That's very true! Plus I can always switch them up between my mules and such, for storage. But shh I do the same thing. OTL But it's nice to have things change every so often, that way you can have multiple things to choose from in the future.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/12 04:35:51 )
@candiedaliens: Exactly! We appreciate having options to choose from. 8D It's a kind of freedom.

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/12 04:40:46 )

@vii: Right?!? It really is though! It's a kind of freedom for us who are a bit indecisive. HAHA

20-Lesbian
I'm randomly active bc of anxiety!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.