Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing ~Romance Under The Sea~ [redo!]

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/7 04:00:45 )
The mermaid from the bookstore (Serena) found herself in the shore, looking for the human body she had dreamed of (Bryan). She had to warn him, knowing he was quite taken with Natalie. She had also dreamed it, and she was in danger.

~~~
Natalie kept swimming up, until she broke surface. She gasped quietly and watched the rolling storm. It wasn't as bad as the one that gave her a human to save, but she still wanted to watch.

~~~

Nathan soon woke with a nightmare, it happened to everyone at some point, and sat up. That's when he noticed his sister was missing. "Nat?" He called quietly, trying not to disturb Sirene. Where had she gone, so early?

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/8 20:42:54 )
You can die anytime...

Bryan had noticed the storm and looked worried, hoping the girls were alright. He wasn't sure if storms ever affected merpeople. He watched the skies, wondering if he should go check on them...or try to anyway.

---

Sirene let out a yawn, waking up,"Nathan...? Is something wrong..?" She looked around,"Where's Natalie...?"

but living takes true courage.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 02:05:14 )
Serena used her legs to wander the shore, until she saw him. She approached him, and stood quietly for a moment before speaking in a riddle, "Your swimming friend will be caught with fish, a calling storm heeds no ship." She said to him just loud enough for him to hear her.

~~~

Nathan notice the darkened water through the window of the bedroom, and he glanced at Sirene. "Trying to catch a show, I think." He said before swimming out of the bed. " C'mon, we've got to get her. " He said as he left the house. He was worried about his sister.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 03:56:27 )
You can die anytime...

Bryan looked around hearing the voice. Did he really hear it? Either way, he was going to find the girls. He prepared his boat to set sail.

---

Sirene frowned and followed, "I just hope we can find her fast..."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 04:54:19 )
Serena watched him for a moment before going back into the water.

~~~

Natalie was too preoccupied with the surface storm to notice a rather large fishing boat. By the time she saw a school of fish swimming by, she saw the net and dived under to try and avoid it. She screamed as the net caught her and the other fish.

Nathan paused a moment as he saw the net, and noticed his sister caught. His eyes widen and he swam as fast as he could. "Natalie!"

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 05:01:43 )
You can die anytime...

Bryan quickly got out to sea and started to look for his friends. A rough wave knocked him into the ocean not far from the fishing boat. While under the water he saw Sirene and another merperson watching in horror. He looked over and saw Natalie trapped. He swam over to the net and pointed to a pocket knife sticking out of his pocket, meaning he was going to cut her free. He gently worked on cutting the rope, trying to make sure he didnt hurt any fish or Natalie while trying to be fast.

Sirene had gone to help Nathan but when she saw Bryan she gently pulled Nathan back,"He's helping her." She said to him,"Trust me."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 05:11:31 )
Nathan wasn't too thrilled when he saw the human boy, but Sirene had mentioned helping his sister.. Why would he do that? He gave Sirene a look. "You know him, don't you?" He asked quietly. He wasn't mad. He just wanted to understand what was going on.

Natalie was more afraid of being hoisted out of the water, than her brother flipping a table over Bryan. She was so happy to see him, but she also knew that humans couldn't hold their breath very long, so she worried.

(I kind of wanna see him board the ship to rescue her, like he couldn't cut the rope in time and the crew managed to pull the net up cx can we please?)

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 07:42:05 )
You can die anytime...

(I dont wanna deal with the fishing crew x.x Maybe another time)

Sirene looked at Nathan,"Last time it stormed, he had fallen overboard and had been knocked unconscious. " she explained gently,"I swam him to shore so he wouldn't drown. He saw Natalie and I and we became friends." She looked over to watch Bryan again.

Bryan was almost there, cutting the rope. He finally sliced a hole big enough for her to escape from. He gently took her hand and pulled her out of the net.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/15 01:55:30 )
Nathan rose an eyebrow as she explained, but he remained quiet. This human boy knew about them..and it didn't seem to bother him. Except seeing his sister trapped.

Natalie was scared, the net just about broke surface. When Bryan cut the hole and pulled her out of the net, she gently held on to him and swam for surface near his little fishing boat. Nathan gently took Sirene's hand and followed.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/15 02:33:09 )
You can die anytime...

Bryan held on gently, gasping for air as they reached the surface. He hugged her gently,"You okay?" He asked softly, looking st her with concern.

Sirene led Nathan lead the way, worried about what might happen.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/15 03:39:42 )
Natalie hugged him as well, really trying not to cry. She pulled back slightly and nodded lightly. "I'm alright.. Thank you." She said, kissing his cheek.

Nathan surfaced with Sirene and swam over to his sister, looking at Bryan as he slowly pulled Natalie behind him. "I owe you for saving my sister, but don't think for a second that I trust you. How do I know you aren't a danger to us?" He asked calmly. Natalie glanced at him. "He wouldn't hurt us Nathan, or anything to endanger us! He knows all about our legends and..."

Nathan kept his eyes on the human boy. "Please.. I just to keep her safe. Can I trust you to do the same?"

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/15 08:00:36 )
You can die anytime...

Bryan watched as Nathan pulled Natalie away, being protective,"If I really wanted to hurt her I would have already....I owe her and Sorene my life since they saved me from drowning. I'd never hurt them or any other merperson."

Airene frowned at Nathan,"I told you he wouldn't hurt us." She pointed out.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/20 21:19:27 )
Nathan only nodded, then glanced between the girls before averting his eyes. "I'm going home." He murmured, as his way of admitting defeat. He felt a little bad but he couldn't be too careful. Nathan dived into the water and swam home. Maybe he'd seen that not all humans were bad.

Natalie sighed and shook her head lightly. "Sorry..about him.." She murmured softly, glancing at Bryan. She gently hugged him again, with a little more affection.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/20 21:31:52 )
You can die anytime...

Bryan hugged her back gently,"I understand." He said gently,"A big brother is protective of his little sister. I was when mine was still alive..."

Sirene frowned, watching Nathan go. She looked at Natalie,"You guys be careful okay?" She said gently, before diving back under the water, wanting to catch up to Nathan,"Nathan!" She called, swimming to catch up with him,"Nathan!" She gently grabbed his arm to slow him down a little,"I wasn't meaning to come off rude like I did." She said gently,"I'm sorry about that. Just don't be upset. Bryan is a kind guy. I know we haven't known him long, but I have a good feeling about him. I really do. The same kind of good feeling I always got from you. That feeling I still do get from you. Only I think of him as a good friend."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 01:58:34 )

Natalie felt pretty bad after hearing that. His sister had passed, and Nathan had acted pretty protective, it probably only reminded him of when his sister was alive. "Oh Bryan.. I'm so sorry.." She said softly. Natalie inhaled slowly and looked off shyly once Sirene had swam off after her brother. "You know.. For helping a mermaid, you get a wish." She said calmly, glancing back at him with a shy smile.

---

Nathan paused when she grabbed him and he looked at her. "I'm not upset, okay? Just a little annoyed with myself.. Even if he is a good guy, how could she not tell me? Why didn't you tell me?" He asked calmly. He wasn't getting upset, he was trying to understand what was going on. "I trust your judgement, I promise." He said to her calmly.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 02:08:56 )
You can die anytime...

Bryan smiled,"I'm just glad your alright." He said gently,"Though honestly...if wishes really work... I would choose to be a merperson." He smiled sadly,"I have no family left. They all died from an illness when I was younger. The few people that I do talk to treat me like I'm some weirdo. At least I have you and Sirene as friends. Maybe even Nathan if he might not like me at the moment..."

---

Sirene looked at him sadly,"I was afraid you would overreact... I was afraid you would hate him before even giving him a chance." She said,"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. It's just...Natalie really likes Bryan. Like, a lot. I think she has a crush on him and I can tell he has one on her. I just didn't want to ruin any happiness she could have from this crush. There's a good possibility that he would choose being a merperson over being a human."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 02:35:13 )

Natalie flushed some at his request. Sure, she could grant him a wish, but to change him? That wasn't really something she wanted to risk. What if she hurt him? She shook her head. "As much as I understand, that's not a wish I can grant.. Not permanently anyway. If I did it, it;d be temporary, a few days at most. I'd have to find someone who could do that for you, if it's what you really wanted." She explained.

---

Nathan listened, and became more annoyed with himself. Great. His temper was getting in the way of being kept in the loop. He blinked a few times and placed a hand on his head as an attempt to stay calm. "My sister fancies a human.." He murmured quietly, taking a deep breath. "Even if he wanted to be a merman, he can't. He's a human. Humans and mermaids can't mix like that. Being friends in one thing- but having a crush on one? It's totally crazy." Now he was slightly panicking, :Oh jeez, what if she tells him about the wish?" He glanced at her semi-worried.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 02:58:57 )
You can die anytime...

Bryan hugged her gently,"Don't worry about it." He said gently,"I don't need the wish. I have you and Sirene as friends. I can't ask for any better than that."

----

Sirene blinked,"Even if she did, he wouldn't ask her to grant him anything. He was just happy to help."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/22 20:53:29 )
Natalie smiled sadly, his words only made her feel a little better. "I better go, and you need to get into your boat before you turn into a prune." She said with a giggle.

---

Nathan nodded lightly and lightly wrapped his arms around her.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/23 00:21:57 )
You can die anytime...

Bryan shrugged,"I'm not worried about that." He said, thankful he managed to get out there in time,"You should get back with Sirene and Nathan before the storm hits hard." He hugged her gently,"Be careful, okay."

----

Sirene hugged him gently,"I'm sorry..I didnt want you to worry. I think Bryan can be trusted...and I think he cares for Natalie too."

Pixel Art by the talented Neko~ Thank you so much, Neko! <3
Both a just adorable~ :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.