Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing ~Romance Under The Sea~ [redo!]

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/5 23:08:27 )

[Nathan and Natalie]

original pic; https://a.wattpad.com/cover/96519962-352-k489468.jpg
Nathan
Small bio: When Nathan was born, his mother was hoping for twins, or a girl, that's why he and his sister have similar names. None the less, Nathan loves his sister very much and does what he can to keep her out of trouble.
He also has similar feelings towards a childhood friend of his, often getting into fights with mermen who hurt her or seem to be taking advantage of her.

oringal pic; http://i47.tinypic.com/2805bhw.jpg
Natalie
Small bio: Natalie is a young and adventurous mermaid who loves to read about the humans without the permission of her parents. She just likes the stories they come up with, and secretly wishes to meet one someday.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/5 23:27:05 )
You can die anytime...

Sirene

21 years old

Sirene has always been a mermaid who fell in love too fast. Only to have her heart broken many times. After the recent break up, she had spent a lot of time at home in her room, in a case of the blues she couldn't break herself out of. Soreness best friend is Natalie and she's friends with her brother, Nathan. She has a crush on him, but feels she wouldn't be good enough for him.

Bryan Jones

19 years old

A young man who loves to explore the sea, always I'd let people were real. He hoped to meet one someday and spends all his time out in the ocean.

but living takes true courage.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/5 23:41:54 )
Nathan and Natalie often shared a room in their home, seeing how his younger sister hadn't grown out of that phase. He didn't mind much, unless he awoke to find his sister in his bed. That had happened a couple of times. This morning, Natalie woke before her brother and found herself swimming over to his bed to watch him sleep. She gently moved some of his short hair out of his face. She knew Sirene had feelings for her brother, and he had feelings as well, even if not romantically. He was always flirting with other mermaids, but he never took any of them seriously.

After a while, Natalie began to poke his skin. "Natti~" She cooed gently. "We're going out with Sirene today, time to get up." She spoke. Nathan slowly opened his eyes and yawned before sitting up. The two of them got ready, then left the house to meet with their friend.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/5 23:45:59 )
You can die anytime...

Sirene was still in bed, hiding under her mountain of blankets. Her room was beautiful pastel colors of blue, pink, green and purple, but the bright colors weren't able to cheer her up. Her eyes, red and puffy from crying, were killing her. She didn't want to do a thing at all. She didn't understand why she let herself be hurt over and over again. And nothing she did was helping her get out of the bad break up funk.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 00:29:35 )
Arriving at their friends house, Natalie was the first to notice how all the lights were off and it didn't look like Sirene had even gotten out of bed. Nate shared a glance with his twin before knocking on the door. "Sirene, you alright in there?" Natalie called inside. They had plans today, and she was probably moping from yet another break up. She hoped she was wrong.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 00:37:37 )
You can die anytime...

Sirene didn't answer. She curled up in a ball. After a few moments she called out,"Just leave me alone...I don't want to do anything today." She felt bad she was pushing her friends away, but that's what the break up blues did to a person, especially a mermaid who fell in love too often. She frowned, a headache forming. She got up and swam to the bathroom for some aspirin.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 00:47:26 )
Natalie frowned and glanced at her brother. Nathan rolled his eyes and knocked once more. "You should know better, we aren't leaving you like this." He spoke through the door, being more stubborn than most days. He wanted to track the low life down and hit him, but thought against it. After waiting a short bit, Natalie shook her head and swam off to her hidden cove, no one knew where it was except her. Nathan stayed.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 00:55:48 )
You can die anytime...

Sirene took an aspirin for her headache and curled back up in her bed,"Please...I'm No fun for anyone right now." She called quietly. She felt bad that she blew off their plans, but she wouldn't be any fun for them right now. Neck, she wasn't any fun for herself at the moment. 'Besides...this frees Nate up to chase a new mermaid or two...' she thought to herself. She hated this, having a crush on someone knowing they wouldn't feel the same.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 01:09:24 )
Nathan rose an eyebrow, and rolled his eyes a little. "Sirene, let me in. Nat swam off a few minutes ago. Fun or no fun, we care about you." He said a bit seriously, pretty much telling his friend that he wasn't going to leave, unless she said it to his face. Sure, he liked to flirt with other mermaids but only because he didn't feel he was her type. He wasn't out of a romance novel..

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 01:22:19 )
You can die anytime...

Sirene sighed and got up, peaking out of the door,"Please." She said quietly,"I'll be alright. This always happens. It'll just take a couple of days to get over this... I hope." It was obvious she had been crying, her eyes were red and swollen. Her hair was a mess and she felt just awful.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 01:43:02 )
Nathan sighed inward and rested his forehead against her door. "I'm begging, don't pish us away anymore.. Natalie doesn't deserve it. One of these days she's just not going to come back." He said to her softly. "And.. I hate seeing you like this. If I'd a known you keep going for guys that hurt you.. I would've just come out and told you how I really felt.." He closed his eyes and breathed slowly. So what if he got rejected. "None of those other mermaids meant anything. Ever. They were just used to try and fill the spot for you, cause I didn't think you'd go for it.. I'm nothing like the guys from your novels.." He just kind of kept talking I'm hopes she'd open the door.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 01:50:31 )
You can die anytime...

"Natalie deserves a better friend anyway." Sirene said sadly, looking at the floor. His next words confused her,"What...?" She asked, almost sounding like she was in disbelief that he was saying that right now,"I...I've only dated them because I never thought you would like me in the first place..." She slowly opened the door, a bit cautiously, wondering if this was all just some kind of trick to get her to come out.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 02:29:53 )

Nathan slowly lifted his head when the door began to open. He was looking at her with soft eyes and a small, shy smile was barely visible along his lips. "What's not to like? You've always been there for me.. You know how to keep me from getting tossed into a cell, I'm always happy or at ease around you. You're an amazing cook and even I can't resist your singing. But.. I'm hot tempered, over protective and always getting into trouble. I only wanted you to find someone better than me." He explained softly, glad that his sister wasn't around to tease him later.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 02:55:11 )
You can die anytime...

Sirene swam over and hugged him gently,"I don't want better. I just want you." She said softly, closing her eyes,"That's all I've ever wanted..." She looked down sadly,"I'm a crappy friend... Natalie should just find a better one." She moved away and rubbed her eyes.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 03:04:48 )
Nathan wrapped his arms around her, and squeezed her gently when she tried to move away. He brushed some of her long hair aside and gently lifted her chin so she'd look at him. "Are you kidding? Who else is going to give her something to dream about?" He asked, referring to the novels she shared. Natalie didn't even start thinking about love until Sirene shared one of her books with her. She was too busy following their mother around like a baby sea horse. She had a life outside of their mother because of Sirene.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 03:18:22 )
You can die anytime...

Sirene leaned against him gently,"I don't mean to shut anyone out." She murmured,"I kept chasing stupid mermen because I never thought you would see me as something other than your kid sister's best friend..." She sighed,"I really am an idiot." She wished she knew what to do to make it up to Natalie and hopefully keep her best friend. She looked up at Nate,"Any ideas on how I could make it up to her?"

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 03:27:40 )

Nathan touched his forehead to hers and placed his hands on her shoulders as he gazed into her gorgeous eyes. "You're everything I ever dreamed about.. I didn't want to be rejected by the only mermaid that would've meant something.. So, I kept quiet." He murmured quietly before pulling back some. "As for Nat, you could start by finding her secret hideout." He chuckled, brushing his lips against her forehead.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 03:33:51 )
You can die anytime...

Sirene smiled and nodded. She leaned forward and kissed him gently, using that kiss to show she really did have feelings for him,"I think I will." She said, after the kiss broke,"Would you be alright waiting here while I do that? I gotta get cleaned up first though.."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 04:44:02 )

Nathan smiled a little and easily returned the kiss. "Hey.. Let's not tell her just yet..okay?" He voiced calmly, not sure how she'd react after fleeing from the scene. Nathan nodded at her question and touched their noses together. "Go clean up." He said gently, indicating he wasn't going anywhere.

---

Natalie was holding her jewelry box in her lap, sitting on a slumped rock like chair and sorting her shells. She had a large collection of sea shells, pearls, sand dollars and other things she could use to make an assortment of jewelry.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 04:52:02 )
You can die anytime...

Sirene frowned,"You don't want her to know....?" She said softly, wondering why he didn't. She nodded and swam inside, leaving the door open for him to come in too. She cleaned up her face and brushed out her long hair and pulled it up into a ponytail. She turned to look at him,"I'll be back as soon as I can. Feel free to relax." She said, kissing his cheek gently before swimming away to look for her friend.

Pixel Art by the talented Neko~ Thank you so much, Neko! <3
Both a just adorable~ :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.