Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Let's talk Anime!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 05:09:48 )
You love it! I love it! So let's talk about it!
I'm sure there's plenty of you who also love anime, so I thought we could all share: What is your favorite anime? You can share any thoughts you have on what makes it so awesome or who your favorite characters are. Or if it's too difficult to pick just one, just name your top 5 or 10!

My top 5:

*For the time being and in no particular order.

Steins Gate
Claymore
Yu Yu Hakusho
Eureka 7
Naruto Shippuden

*I'm gonna go ahead and add a 6th because I really want to add S-Cry-ed.

**Edit: Yo, did anyone watch the short Netflix series of Castlevania?? Because I immediately fell in love with it hardcore. <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/25 05:16:56 )
I used to be super into anime and then at some point I feel like I just dropped out of the collective fandom lol
My top five would still have to be....say....Elfen Lied, Loveless, Chobits, Madoka, and just, you know, all of studio ghibli ever
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Voltie — He/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/26 02:41:30 )
The only anime I have truly ever loved was Death Note, and it's most a nostalgia thing...

Which was ruined by all of the freaking, awful remakes! The first few movies I enjoyed, espeically the one about L and Near... but then they made a live-action and made Near female and I just lost my shit. (At least she had white hair...)

Don't even get me started on the Netflix remake, either... x:

Other than Death Note I have a few animes I kind of like. I don't particularly have an order, but they'd be: Madoka Magika, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, aaannnd... I can't think of any others?
Gender Fluid (He/they) | Asexual | Married | Jewish
❤Elithiya~!❤
Art Shop

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 22:24:24 )
Yay!! Another Yu Yu Hakusho fan! (Hiei is love). I like...geez, I don't think I can shorten it down to a list xD Inuyasha is my favorite. Probably just due to the fact it was the first one I started on, so its always gonna be number 1 in my heart lol. But Clannad is right there with it (The feels ;_; ) I like Code Geass, Death Note. I got through probably 2 season of Bleach. The huge hype around it kind of turned me off, plus because I fell so far behind its like omg so many more episodes to catch up on. I'd like to give it another chance at some point though. I have one episode left of Zetman to finish. Have about half a season of Watamote to finish lol. Love Black Butler ^^ I feel like Im rambling ;_;
|

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/28 06:41:04 )
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, Magi: Kingdom of Magic, and the Sinbad branch are amazing!

I also really love Ouran High School Host Club, Fruits Basket, Fairy Tale (though I have only seen through the first season), Little Witch Academia, Escaflowne, Sailor Moon, Pokemon and Digimon, Deadman Wonderland, Pandora Hearts (have not finished this), Blue Exorcist, Card Captors Sakura, Chobits, Claymore, Vampire Knight, (yes, I love a lot of them!)

They need to make Re:Play into a series! (Guess they need to make more Manga of this first though.)

Donator — Trash Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 13:25:42 )
Oh man choosing just 5 is hard for me lol. I'll just list a bunch I'm really fond of though.
Nagi no Asukara, D.Gray-Man, Nana, Blue Excorcist, HunterXHunter, Naruto, Bleach, Wolf's Rain, Card Captor Sakura, Fairy Tail, Ghost in the Shell, Madoka Magica, Magi, Kiss him not me, Konosuba, Hellsing, and Hell Girl. Honestly I can just go on and on.
x)

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 14:16:14 )
More of an old school fanboy :(
Loved Trigun, Cowboy bebop,Ouran Host club,Code Geass,Ghost in the shell, Claymore, Deadman Wonderland, Highschool of the dead and OHHHH so many more lol

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 21:03:23 )
bungou stray dogs, pandora hearts, magi, ao no exoercist, d.gray-man.

Deadman wonderland is great too. hrng with all those animes I've watched its hard to pick out just 5.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 21:16:25 )
I'm more of a manga guy honestly.. I'm forgetting everything I've ever watched so rather than a top 5 this is more of a '5 I can remember I liked' :

Popee the Performer, Paranoia Agent, Petshop of Horrors, Tactics (manga was better), uhh Tiger & Bunny (I stopped watching it because it got popular and I'm petty but I liked it)

Can I mention an anime I hated? That anime adaptation of Junji Ito's Gyo suuucked...

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 04:59:49 )
I would say top 5 are
One Piece
Detective Conan
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (also love the 2003 anime)
Fruits Basket (Or Cardcaptor Sakura)
Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun (or Fullmetal Panic)
Really, really love Yu Yu Hakusho too!
It's really, really hard for me to pick though. I also love Nana, but the manga is way better.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 05:57:02 )
Top 5 is too hard so heres my all time favs in no particular order :vanora_sweat:

Sengoku basara
Full Metal Alchemist/Brotherhood
Kuroko no basuke
D.gray man
Inuyasha
naruto/shippuden
Blue Exorcist (? dont know if i still like it since i havent watched since it since middle school but i remember i really liked it back then)
Soul eater (same as above lol)

I watched anime a lot more before. Just feel it was better back then that what comes out now;;

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 06:33:58 )
Oh man! Top 5 is hard, but here goes...

Code Geass - Rewatched it a ton of times. So excited for the third season!

Kuzu no Honkai - Blew me away with its extremely dark take on relationships

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii - Really sweet. <3

Charlotte - Fast paced "slice of life" with one hell of a freakin' plot twist. o_o

Sword Art Online - I did rewatch it, and it did inspire me. Second season was heartbreaking.

I feel like this is difficult since I feel obligated to mention the classics. Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Dragonball/Z, and of course Yu Yu Hakusho are some of my all-time favorites. Oh, and Elfen Lied too because... yeah. While we're on the subject of blood and gore, Hellsing and Samurai X were pretty freakin' awesome too. An honorable mention would be Detective Conan since the story eps are godlike, but there are so few of them...

I've heard of the Castlevania thing on Netflix and been interested about it. Is it really that good?

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 07:31:39 )
@Dowan: In Conan the story eps are godlike. Some of the best writing ever. You are totally on the edge of your seat, and you don't know what's going to happen.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 07:34:26 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah! They always feel so epic in comparison to the filler eps. If all 800+ episodes were like that, I'd without a doubt say it's the best anime I've ever seen. XD

Voltie — He/Cuddler Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 07:40:35 )
What anime are you guys currently watching? I am watching Boku no Hero and Hajimete no Gal, but Hajimete is on its final episode so I need something new!

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 07:47:52 )
I haven't really sat down to watch anything in a while I guess... i want to pick Mob Psycho 100 back up I got a couple episodes in, I really enjoyed it but life got in the way.
later.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 07:54:26 )
1 - Trinity Blood
2 - Free!
3 - Yuri on Ice!
4 - Emma: A Victorian Romance
5 - Princess Jellyfish

I guess those would be my top five in that order.
I don't watch much anime anymore though but I have a list of animes I'd like to watch someday.

Voltie — He/Cuddler Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 08:00:24 )
I'll be sure to check those out, you're looking a little underdressed there Rimi!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 08:01:49 )
@notpapershark: Yeah I'm not getting any clothes yet. Not until there's more to choose from.

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.