Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 ┤▒├ Wildfire's Wanderings ┤▒├

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 18:44:55 )

i have gotten a new appreciation recently for the stickies note marker things. they're so much fun!

and my bullet journal. i really do like writing in journals physically more than typing stuff xD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 18:50:36 )
Yes - for me, having a physical book/journal is essential for things like bullet journaling!! It's one thing to type if I'm writing an essay or a story or something like that, but it's something else entirely to do bullet journals, etc.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 18:53:15 )

I've picked up bullet journaling FINALLY this year. I've been wanting to. tried a few times. and just never got into it for various reasons. But i finally found what feels right for me with it. and then.. covid. and i slacked off xD I'm hoping to fix my journal today.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 18:55:59 )
I've had periods over the last couple of years where I'm really in to keeping the bullet journal for one reason or another, and other periods where I just... don't. I think it's pretty normal, tbh. And really, as long as you're finding it enjoyable and/or helpful, that's all that really matters, right?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 18:58:22 )
@Borealis: Awwww, thank you! <3
Right now, I have a couple baby banana trees, a papaya or two, some butterfly peas, I'm trying to grow sweet potatoes, and there's some tropical spinach out there... and... let's see... I have a dragonfruit, and African Blue Basil, and ... a couple other things. But not too much, really. I really should be trying to get things sprouted and planted for the winter season but I have been far too busy and far too distracted with iRL things recently to get that stuff started...

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 19:25:58 )

@Wildfire: it has been incredibly helpful for me . keeping on top of things. seeing that i'm getting stuff done. not panicking . not forgetting stuff.
my memory has felt really flaky because i'm trying to do to much. xD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 19:34:18 )
@Borealis: I haven't had much luck growing things so far either tbh, but now (the last year-ish) since I seem to have a little more time available overall, it seemed like a good thing to try doing again. Really, the only things that are growing well are the things that basically you can't kill... although my everglade tomatoes seemed to have died somehow (and they're something that, here, you apparently "can't" kill x_X LOL!). It is fulfilling, but it's also time-consuming because there's definitely a learning curve (at least for those of us born without a green thumb!) and you need to monitor what's going on with everything... and all the plants seem to need different things at different times. But, it's interesting, and fulfilling, and if absolutely nothing else, it gets me out of the house, in to "my own space" for a while, and into some fresh air...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 19:39:03 )
@Shadami: Yes, I've used the bullet journal for things like that too - part calendar, part personal planner, part goal log, part rambling journaling or sketching, part... whatever I needed it to be :3 It's interesting to look back and see the things you've accomplished... the things you were thinking about but didn't pursue... etc. And it was nice to just take some time to "do nothing" when setting it up or filling in whatever you're tracking (lol - it's FAR from doing "nothing" but omg - I don't seem to be able to sit still long enough to do that kind of "nothing" these days!). I really should pull mine back out again...

Actually, I should also introduce my youngest son to the idea of bullet journaling. He's a bit scattered these days and trying to "reset" himself after some disappointments with life. It would be good for him. :3 I wonder if he'd actually do it...

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 19:52:11 )

@Wildfire: might be worth giving him that tool to use for resetting/coping with things wether he uses it now or not. :] maybe some where in the future it'll be exactly what he needed and he has the toolset to use it then. or its super handy right now. :]

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 19:59:59 )
@Borealis: lol... my soil is... sand. Yep! 100% sand. Sand. Sand. Sand! Welcome to FL! XD So yeah... I get the whole "bad soil" thing XD There are ways around it or ways to work with it... but that usually means planting native things that actually like the soil you happen to have. That said... sand. x_X !!!! XD

@Shadami: That's pretty much exactly what I'm thinking... especially since he's thinking about "running off" and camping for a week or so, just to get his head together. :3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 20:28:51 )

i mean. camping isn't bad either. but its cold. and eww bugs. and no internet. xD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 20:31:47 )
@Borealis: lol... it can be a bit of a challenge! XD
No, we weren't affected by Ian... but only because the hurricane took that right turn at the last minute and hit just south of us. Before that, it was headed directly at us. It ended up taking all of our water and dumping it there...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 20:33:12 )
@Shadami: LOL - bugs, definitely... but not cold. Not here. Not for a couple more months, anyway... XD
He's not an internet kind of guy, so that wouldn't bother him at all.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 20:47:56 )

i mean. its technically still camping weather here. i just don't like it when its wet and fall rainy. xD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 21:28:38 )
@Borealis: Thank you. Yes, we were extremely lucky that it didn't come up Tampa Bay like it was looking like it wanted to! Those poor, poor people in its wake, though! :(

@Shadami: LOL - yeah, I get ya. We are just now starting to cool off a touch and we seem to be out of the summer weather pattern (which is, by its nature, quite subtropical with daily rains and lots of humidity). It's just starting to be camping weather here :3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 01:53:41 )

@Wildfire: the weather here is still being weird. one day its 70(20) and the next it is like 45(7) and still getting a bunch of thunderstorms and random rain days and then bright sun spring like days except its fall xD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 14:20:10 )
@Shadami: oh, that's a tough "inbetween" pattern to deal with, weather-wise. But, it is mid-October, and not unheard of for this time of year for most of the continent. I hope it evens out for you soon - those weather fluctuations make it difficult to dress for the day!! XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 14:29:51 )
So GOOD MORNING everyone.

How are you today so far?
Right now, I am groggy, groggy, groggy!! For some reason I don't understand, I was really wired last night and couldn't go to sleep until waaaay late... which means that I slept waaaaay late and woke up super groggy. And that's where I am ATM. XD I'm waiting for the coffee to kick in, but so far it hasn't done much to help.

Questions for the Day (3):
    - What is the most bizarre wrong number text or phone call you ever received?
    - What is a behavior that you find strangely endearing or attractive?
    - What was the most outrageous lie you believed as a child?
    - If you had a shrink-ray, what would you use it for?
    - You have Wonder Woman’s lasso of truth, who do you use it on first?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 15:04:25 )

New York has wild weather. But this is crazy xD

OH YEAH. this thread has questions. i completely forgot. I didn't get to finish the ones i started.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 15:17:24 )

Random Question day 1:
What’s your biggest screen time during a day?

oh i for sure have spend a full day on the computer before. i do so much on the computer.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.