Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 ┤▒├ Wildfire's Wanderings ┤▒├

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:21:25 )

All my work is on the computer. and with art xD
at least... right now... Mostly because i don't have an income right now T.T I'm working on getting something set up, but its a long process with everything else going on all at once.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:22:00 )

@Wildfire: goood morning~ i'm suffering. my sinuses are kicking my tail today ;c

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:23:54 )
    @Wildfire: sometimes that is just what you need, that kind of predictable plot. Not “predictable” but…. easy to read, y’know?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:35:20 )
@Shadami: ... lol. Yeah, computer art can be fun, and it can definitely be work...but that's not what I'm working on ATM. I'll have to do a little digital art after this task is completed, though. But I can't do (my) "real" art on the computer. What I'd like to be doing is a whole different thing and it does not usually involve computers XD

@Bonnie: oh, ouch. That's never a fun thing to deal with. Are you reacting to an allergy or something?? I hope you feel better! :3

@sunny: Exactly. I tend to read these kinds of books because they are entertaining and distracting without taking themselves too seriously... which again, I definitely don't mind, but ... not in the middle of the night XD

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:39:48 )

Traditional art? painting, drawing, charcoal, watercolor, sewing, knitting, crochet, needlework. ect? :D

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:41:31 )

@Wildfire: no i just have really bad seasonal allergies and the transition from summer to fall is always horrible. the transition from winter to spring is worse

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:44:32 )
@Shadami: Yes, I'm much more of a traditional artist. The digital stuff just doesn't do it for me on pretty much any level... I can do it, I appreciate it, but... meh. /shrug/ Ya know??

@Bonnie: Yeah, I understand, and I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with that!! I have been dealing with Spring allergies the last few years. They really really suck. :( Is there an OTC or Rx that you can take that will help at all?? I end up living on an OTC for a month or two in the Spring... which I hate doing, but has been absolutely necessary in order for me to function...

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 16:08:51 )

@Wildfire: i should be but i haven't bought any medicine in a while. i will eventually get some and take them, lol.

bloop

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 16:34:35 )
@Bonnie: when you're tired of dealing with it...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 17:04:58 )
@Borealis: lol! <3 I'm working on a couple things online right now (that I'd rather not be doing, tbh, but I'm late getting this project out. Ugh). Other than that? ... uhhhh... doing things I want to do?? ... doing other (iRL) things that need to be done??

How about you? - got anything interesting going on today?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 17:37:43 )
@Borealis: yeah, thank you.
... and ouch?! That's not the most comfortable situation for anyone, but eeesh. And they fired a manager in front of other people? Usually that is done a little more discreetly...

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 17:42:12 )

I love the texture of the real stuff. But when i basically got forced into digital or nothing because of space and money, i have a whole new appreciation for the digital xD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 17:57:49 )
@Shadami: Yes, I am dealing with some of that too... being "forced" in to digital instead of in to the iRL physical simply because of physical constraints. I've managed to take over the eat-in kitchen as a studio area, but it's not very large and although I do have an easel and a table/supplies set up there, I'm still quite limited with what I can do and how. *sigh* I try to keep the digital stuff to work- or site-related things only, unless I get a particular urge to doodle digitally... but I don't usually have the patience for that, tbh - mostly because I miss the physicality of actually doing "real" art. It sounds like you're inclined similarly...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 17:59:54 )
@Borealis: Aaaah... that makes more sense. "Fire Person A, then explain to everyone else what happened and introduce new Manager X". Still, it is a little odd, isn't it? I can see where and why you'd be a little confused over those events. Did you have any direct involvement with the old manager?

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 18:30:48 )

@Wildfire: same thing with books :3 i love holding (and smelling) and feeling the texture of real books. laying upside down or at weird angles. not worrying about a tablet screen with no flipping pages and instead dealing with frustration of the screen turning cause of a weird angle. ect.

but yes. I think i understand ^^

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 18:33:45 )
@Borealis: It doesn't sound like she was accustomed to being in a managerial role, tbh, if she was complaining to "the regular folks" about stuff o_0 I hope this adjustment works well and that you're not adversely affected by it.

What else is going on in your day today?

I got my online work done. Finally. Fortunately. /dead/ XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 18:38:13 )
@Shadami: Yes, me too, but the digital books are sooooo convenient - because of where and when I read for leisure (usually in bed at night). It's really nice to not have to juggle a book light (because hubby is sleeping) or whatever ... I have a dedicated tablet (Kindle) that is back-lit, and I don't have to worry about losing my page or having the orientation of the words switch around on me, etc., but there are definitely books that I much prefer to have in physical format. I couldn't deal with them in digital form.... not at all...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 18:40:16 )
@Borealis: oh, I hope so!!
... and yes, I hope to be able to move on to more fun things now, but there's still a couple of "should" things to do - but they are more enjoyable overall... like checking the garden. :3 Unfortunately, I'm feeling a little drained ATM so I'm not sure about getting in to do some creative things like I was hoping. /shrug/

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 18:40:21 )

i haven't found that middle ground yet with digital books. I try with dnd books to have the pdf for online games. and its the closest i've gotten. but i usually still end up picking up the physical copy from next to me and flipping through it to the pages i want. xD maybe i'll find the right tablet/kindle/ect at some point :3

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 18:42:51 )
Yeah, I completely get that. Again, I find that most of the time I prefer a physical book instead of a digital version, but the digital is definitely my "go to" when I'm trying to read in bed, or if I'm hanging out in the hammock or something. If I'm looking at things or trying to actively learn something or reference something, I pretty much need a physical book. Flipping through the pages, being able to make notes or highlight, or stick stickies on the edges of the pages... yeah.... <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.