Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 ┤▒├ Collecting Dust bunnies

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 14:43:16 )
@Wildfire: I'm getting back into the "it is what it is" kind of mentality. Which is basically "survival mode".
Husband leaves tomorrow for several weeks of job training. so. I'm back to doing things on my own for a while.
Summer starts for the kids after tomorrow too.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 15:28:02 )
@star2000shadow: Those things are important :3

@KittyBeary: lol. There's always next time. Dust bunnies are not exactly going extinct - lol XD

@Anarchist Beauty: oh, is that where you've been... or where you're going? Why do they drive you nuts??

@Koah: Yeah, I 100% hear you on that - there's a lot of that going around these days, imo. I'm sorry, hon. I know you're capable, but it's no fun to have to do everything by yourself. :(

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 16:21:11 )
@Wildfire: Sorry I keep complaining whenever I'm online now. XD I feel bad for having 'downer' conversations.
Today is my 11 year anniversary, so that's pretty cool. We don't typically celebrate our wedding day. but, I think, we're going to go out and do stuff this evening with the kids.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 16:26:50 )
@Koah: Don't worry. I got ya ;) <3 You have a lot on your plate... have had a lot on your plate... for the last few months, and no time to recover. It's understandable, and I'm not reading your posts as "complaining" anyway, but more as "this is just what's going on". You're good. :3

You definitely should go out and celebrate!! You need and deserve the small break that might give you! <3 Happy anniversary! ... which reminds me that ours is coming up soon too and I should probably do something about or for that ...

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 16:35:02 )
@Wildfire: I'm not sure what we'll do today. Probably just drive to the local nerd shop. -shrugs-
What do you guys do for your anniversary? or what do you have in mind?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 17:03:58 )

@Wildfire: Have you ever spent four days in a truck with your grandparents?
      I don't recommend it.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 17:07:44 )
@Koah: LOL - that's not a very "anniversary" kind of thing to do, imo, but really it depends on the couple and what it means to you... and, I admit to being a little more old-school anyway- LOL! XD Hubby and I usually go out to dinner for our anniversary. We don't usually make a big deal of it, but it's a nice excuse to get a nice meal out and spend a little 1 on 1, un-distracted time together. :3

@Anarchist Beauty: ROFL! uhhh... no, but I've never really known any of my grandparents as a "couple" and they're all long-dead at this point anyway. /shrug/ But I see your point - there's something truly special about long car-rides with people....

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 17:23:28 )
@Anarchist Beauty: lol I've never had to do 4 days. But I have had half a day and that was enough. XDD

@Wildfire: My husband wanted to go out to dinner, but dining-in with a newborn sounds.. exhausting. lol
Nothing wrong with the 'old fashion' approach.
My brother has made it a tradition to go out to expensive 5 star places with his wife every year. They save up money for it throughout the year.
I'm not dedicated like that. lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 19:34:07 )

@Wildfire: Yeah, it's not pleasant.
      Plus we've also got the dog with us, so that's not very fun either.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 19:34:58 )

@Koah: I can take a few hours.
      What I can not take is 10-12 hours a day, four days in a row.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 20:01:11 )
@Koah: It really depends on the couple and what they want to do. If a geeky-nerdy place is good for you guys, then good for you! We don't go to the 5-star places, but we will go to one of the "better" restaurants in the area, or perhaps take a mini-vacation at one of the local-ish small towns... nice, but nothing terribly elaborate.

@Anarchist Beauty: You just have all kinds of complications going on with this trip, don't you?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 20:03:31 )
... for whatever reason, I am beat today! ... just really tired, despite sleeping long and well, and not doing much of anything strenuous yesterday or today... so, I'm hanging out on the couch, mostly, which is why my replies are a little delayed and perhaps a little weird (if I'm answering through my phone). Ugh.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 20:12:06 )
@Anarchist Beauty: omgosh your avi is so rainbowy! <333

@Wildfire: I'm paying bills today and got my son caught up with school. So he has just 2 assignments left and he's done for the year. yaaay.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 20:15:35 )
@Koah: Oh! You're having a productive day! Yay! Congrats to the kiddo for just about being done with school for the year! The kids are out of (public) school here already... but you're reminding me to follow up with my younger son to decide what to do with him right now...

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 21:07:36 )
@Wildfire: I decided to send both my kids to public school next year. the decision was made because of my husband's new job. He won't be home much and I'm not going to have any breaks if the kids are home + new baby.
I'm not that motivated to keep them homeschooled. >3<

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 21:12:25 )
@koah: My son just had his last day today too. Finals all done and then they threw a party for the Freshman, they had food trucks and games, etc to kick off the last day. Now he's sitting here playing on the xbox, then tommorow he goes to my Aunt's house for as long as he wants to be there. It beats him sitting around the apt just playing video games, she lives in the country and there is sooo much to do!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 23:28:23 )

@Wildfire: Tis a mess.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/9 23:29:19 )

@Koah: Thank-you!
      I've had this avi ready for months!
      And I've got a pastel version for later, too!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/10 03:21:15 )
✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

@Wildfire: Yes xD And I did find more dust bunnies LOL

I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/10 15:18:10 )
@Koah: Yeah, you wouldn't have much time to spend with the new baby, especially not as he grows and starts getting mobile. I completely get it!

@Anarchist Beauty: lol. Well, hopefully, you'll be out of the mess soon :3

@KittyBeary: I'm glad you found more dust bunnies :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.