Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Spring Cleaning: The Dust Wars Event FAQ (+ Raffle Hangout!)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 14:24:41 )
    @Bonnie: that’s awesome! I wear bright colours irl, pretty much my entire wardrobe is brightly coloured XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 14:32:22 )
@DreamerZ: now, now... FL has more than two temperatures! It has "comfortable", "summer", "sauna", and "hotter than hell" XD

Good morning everyone

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 14:32:54 )
    @Wildfire: good morning/afternoon! Do you have anything planned for the day?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 14:35:42 )
@sunny: good morning, Sunny. I'm just getting up, tbh, so sleeping in a little is going to throw off some of my thoughts for the day, but I need to check the garden, and do some cleaning up around the house. I am thinking about taking a walk (which will probably have to wait until tonight now, when it's cooler) and... I don't know. I'll find things to keep myself busy with, I'm sure. It's not like there tends to be a shortage of things to do! XD
What about you? What are you up to today? How has your morning been?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 14:38:10 )
    @Wildfire: a walk sounds nice! Is it super hot then in FL currently? I am slightly jealous!!!
    My morning has been slow. I was going to visit my mum but I changed my mind. I’ll go later this week. I have to go buy milk but the weather out there is so miserable and grey….not pleasant at all, but at least it isn’t raining (yet!).

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 14:42:53 )

@Totalanimefan: I was suppose to pick up my prescription sunglasses saturday later in the morning. But I ended up with a flat tire so I had to move the appointment to later today. Was in town the whole afternoon which was not what I really wanted.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 14:49:43 )
@sunny: Nah - it's not super hot here just yet... and OH! It's actually quite a bit cooler than I thought it was! According to my phone, it's only 80*F out there right now, with an expected high temp of 88*F. It's more the 84% humidity that is going to be a little bit of an issue. But maybe I'll go for a walk soon anyway. So are your summers typically overcast, gray and rainy? I thought that was more Fall/Wintertime weather for your area.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 14:50:57 )
lol... yeah, maybe that walk will wait. My husband just came in from taking the dogs on a short walk and he's dripping ... from the humidity, more than from the temperature. I'll decide once I get up to check the garden :3

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 14:52:40 )
    @Wildfire: ah humidity, gotcha. I hate humid weather tbh, I would be avoiding it too!!! Do you have some kind of machine in your house to remove humidity? I forgot what that’s called…
    Summer… what is summer???? LOL. Summer is usually bright and sunny, but it seems the weather has missed the memo. This overcast and rainy weather is much more like spring for us, even tho it’s June!!!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 15:02:15 )
@sunny: a de-humidifier? No, we don't have one of them ... just have the air-conditioning unit. It's necessary around here...
Weather has been a little weird this year, it seems... kind of slow to get in to the usual seasons, somehow. Maybe your Spring weather is just hanging around a little longer because winter hung around a little longer (didn't it?) and it wants its due? XD

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 15:04:49 )
    @Wildfire: yes, a dehumidifier! Does the air con work against humidity? I assume so.
    LOL maybe you’re right about the weather, maybe it’s just being sluggish. We are forecast warmer temperatures later this week (19 C) so I’m hopeful that the grey clouds will disappear soonish. Usually by this time of year we are getting at least sunshine if not high temperatures, so idk what is happening this year.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 15:10:48 )
@sunny: Yes, the A/C dehumidifies the house and drops the temps. Honestly, mostly we use it to keep the humidity down (we don't drop the temp insanely low like some folks). I hope your weather turns around for you soon - it sounds like you could really use a day of sunshine! :3

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 15:32:59 )
    @Wildfire: oh that makes sense. You don’t want to make it too cold! Honestly i would love some kind of air conditioning, I would have the temperature on high year round. I hate being cold, especially because this house is old and so it doesn’t hold the heat very well. It gets pretty chilly in here.
    It is supposed to pick up tomorrow. We’re forecast 20 degree weather, and intermittent sunshine/clouds. I’ll take it tbh, it’s better than what we’ve got today! I want the weather to be decent soon, I want to take my dog on a walk. He lives with my mum (I suppose he’s technically her dog lol) and I think I’ll go and visit them on Wednesday. The weather is supposed to be decent then. Fingers crossed.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 16:03:25 )
@sunny: Oh, I hope you get some nice weather soon, Sunny! It sounds like a lovely visit with your mom and your dog... and taking a walk... I hope it works out the way you want!

I just checked the garden ... and yeah, it's kinda hot but quite humid out there.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 16:08:21 )
    @Wildfire: is the humidity good for your plants? They must be used to it, I suppose.
    I hope we get some nice weather too, lol!!! XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 16:12:16 )
@sunny: Yes, most of my plants seem to like the humidity... it's all that semitropical thing that we have going on here, so if it's a semitropical plant, they just love it!... but some of my plants aren't faring very well - the squashes, etc., with the big leaves. They're getting mildewy... ewww... :(

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 16:44:17 )
    @Wildfire: oh no :( that’s rough. I hope they pull through. Is your garden pretty big? It must be if you’re growing squashes :O :O :O I was imagining a little plot of land but it seems like you have quite a bit of land!!!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 17:16:56 )

@DreamerZ: no worries~ how are you?
    @xvz: this weekend was just really chill. did some cleaning and rearranged my room a little bit. nothing major at all! I cleaned up too. Sooner or later I am going to tackle the beast that is my closet and clean that lol

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 17:17:38 )

@sunny: i have a lot of dark colors and black/white/gray. I am slowly working my way to having more variety in colors lol

bloop

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 17:27:09 )
    @Bonnie: lol, it’s certainly a big effort to transform your wardrobe. I started out by only buying bright colours when I needed new things, and eventually replaced old favourites with brighter coloured versions. Now I have barely any black/white/grey/etc, though they are necessary for work/formal/etc.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.