Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Spring Cleaning: The Dust Wars Event FAQ (+ Raffle Hangout!)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 01:36:40 )

@Rei Ann: I want to go to the theater a lot more too, but sometimes I worry about Rona, but I guess I had it two months ago, so I'm ok for a little bit? In DC there are lots of places to see a show too. I saw HadesTown here.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 01:39:32 )

Hey there. I have some friends stuck at JFK airport atm T_T
They were supposed to land now, but they haven't even left the runway.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 01:40:51 )
@Totalanimefan: Well I understand that. I've had good luck avoiding rona. Even when my husband had it. But I was hoping by next march it might be safer? I guess if you wanted an outdoor option, if Wolf Trap in va, gets a show, the area it outside mostly. That's where I saw Mamma Mia as a late teen.

Oh their flight got delayed? Any idea how long it'll be for them. It keeps happening at airports.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 01:49:22 )

@Rei Ann: They have been taxied for an hour. And the flight is only 50 mins lol
Yeah I've heard of that venue, but I haven't been. Not too easy to get to without a car right?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 01:50:30 )

Yeah with the staffing issues I feel like flying isn't as seamless as before. I really feel for them because they first went from Manchester (England) to JFK and they actually got in early, but then couldn't get an earlier flight, so they were at the airport for 5 hours, and then boarding, but now they have been stuck not moving on the plane for 1 hour!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 01:55:01 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh man, that sucks. We had that happen on the way back from our honeymoon, but we had a layover we were waiting for, and missed that, due to the delay. Flights have been wack. I hope they get free soon.

I think it needs a car. I don't know, when I went, I was living in southern Maryland, so we had to drive. Heck our closest walmart then, was like 40 mins away.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 02:01:51 )

Yeah I know (but it's the wrong side of the road for them)
And if only we all knew the flight was going to be early, because they were going to at a 5:30pm flight, but the flight to JFK wasn't going to land until 4 and I thought that wasn't enough time through customs, but the flight landed at 2:30 cause the winds were good to them. So they have been at JFK since then and awake since 2:30am US time.
The flight JUST left about 2 mins ago.

@Rei Ann: Thank you. Please see above.
Wow that's very far!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 02:08:36 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh goodness. I bet they'll be ready to sleep once they get to your place. At least it seems the plane is getting going now. I hope the flight home goes smoother for them.

I guess, I don't recall how far it was.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 02:13:53 )

@Rei Ann: Thanks. I'm off to the airport to go and pick them up.

Yay finally they can be here. I'm off to go and see them.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 02:14:00 )

See you guys later <3

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 02:15:15 )
@Totalanimefan: Talk to you later!

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 02:21:55 )
@Bonnie: survive lol. i don't do much

@Rei Ann: ben hot as heck sadly....

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 02:22:37 )
@Totalanimefan: -hugs-

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 02:34:57 )
@DreamerZ: That's true. I'm not fond of summer heat.

@neon: We air fried some frozen burgers here. What kinda of salad you having?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 02:45:27 )
Well I got lucky, and it was a gift at my bridal shower earlier this year. My hubby and I use it all the time. It's one appliance I really recommend. Mine can also bake and like roast and such. We use it multiple time a week. I actually didn't want one at first, by now husband wanted it, and well let me tell you he was right to want it.

Ah I get why you might not be super thrilled by the salad.

Besides dinner up to anything else?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 02:54:54 )
I'm not sure, the airfryer is for cooking food, so I think it would just cook anything you defrost. But say you forget to pull out meat for dinner, if you eat meat, and now you can just put it in the air fryer and like cook it. It takes longer than if it was defrosted, but it helps. I know you can use it to bake, but that seems like odd to me, so I haven't tried it.

How your dust collecting coming along? I still need to get like 300 bunnies for a full set.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 03:16:20 )
Oh that might be the case. I'll have to try it out. Or at least go look it up. Cause that would be nifty use for it.

Oooh, so you are getting close to a whole set.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 03:20:12 )
That makes sense. I worry I'll get to busy and forget to come back before the event ends and loose my currency, so I buy as I go.

I checked, the front page says June 12th, so there is still time. I would ideally like to get two sets. Someone I know here doesn't seem to be on lately, so I want to get extras for them.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 03:24:08 )
We should have this.

I just find that on week nights, there isn't a lot of places to chat. Or I have much housework to do. Ugh.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 03:28:48 )
Well isn't it in some places close to schools ending? I am sure for some people, if the have kids, or are that young might be dealing with that. I don't know what the demographic is here.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.