Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment turning red

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 20:50:29 )

this movie. is so cute. also extremely relatable
    love seeing my culture and city repped like this

anyone else seen it?

Donator — wrik Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 20:59:00 )

can't wait to waatch tonight!!
hi im wrik

closet buying

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 21:26:58 )

YESSSS

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 22:28:51 )

I'm going to watch this, maybe tonight if I can get the cleaning done before company comes over this week.
I'm really looking forward to this movie. I've heard nothing but good things from women and they said it's really relatable and a good story. I'm totally down for that.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 23:06:34 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

i haven't seen it but i want to so badly!
I've been so excited for it since the trailer dropped for it.
so hopefully i can eventually see it at some point.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 15:26:47 )

The first trailer I saw did not do this movie justice for me. I originally didn't want to watch it thinking it just wouldn't be that good (I'm also not a fan of the narrating style of "talking to the viewer")
Then I saw some super spicy hot takes by greasy old american dudes who felt offended by this film (before it even dropped) and that was annoying, so I looked at the film again
and I saw a different trailer preview that was not framed the same way as the first, and it actually made the movie look fun so I watched it!

IT WAS SO GOOD
I'm not asian, but I do love seeing how happy this film is making people over the cultural representations. That always feels good to me.
But also, just relatable to any gushy hopeless romantic child in their earlier stages of being an artist, and the obsession over boy bands REALLY calls to me and my siblings (mainly them, I was a quiet gusher, where they were the screamy loud kind) growing up in the 90's/00's with backstreet boys and nsync; and even in my early adulthood getting into kpop real hard for a bit XD
and the tamogachi
and my husband was giggling with his knees up and hand on his face through most of the film like, this film literally turned him into a little school girl.

Also love seeing a break away from the USUAL cookie cutter 3D art style that most disney/pixar films go to. This may be a new mold that will last a while, but for now its fresh! I like it

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 15:56:51 )

I've seen so many people say it's cringe and horrible how a 13-year-old girl could make romantic self-insert fan art and act like she's already an adult. XP A local elementary school principal even said she would never allow teachers to show this to their students....

BUT I really enjoyed it, except for the parts when the mother was obnoxiously embarrassing.... I can't believe a mother can be like that...
The girl group was so sweet to each other! The boys and red pandas were so cutely animated too. XD A temple in Toronto was a really cool setting too. And yes the mc was relatable but I never wanted to be seen as an adult. XP

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 02:31:45 )

the way the movie slapped me in the face in the first few scenes with her holding up her TTC pass saying they consider her an adult because she's 13 and i had a visceral flashback of being interrogated about my age because i was still using the kids ticket but i was tall for being 12

that was fun LMAO

also yeah i saw people on twitter shitting on that white dude's review too, saying that he can relate to toys and cars and fish but not an asian girl???? lmaooooo rightfully shut down but will he learn his lesson? who knows. learn some damn empathy.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 03:26:32 )

★彡 I just found about it recently so is definitely going to be on my watchlist! 彡★

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/18 08:22:38 )
Not reading everyone's comments to avoid spoilers, but, it looks so precious.

Voltie — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/17 10:59:39 )

insanely relatable as an asian growing up in america (tho i know it takes place in toronto LOL) .. ah.... the smell of childhood..

⭕🔴⚫⚪
lys + he/him
please ping me!
art + adopt shop

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/14 15:32:49 )
I haven't seen it. I've only seen the trailer ads and people trash talking it. It seems cute and whimsical. From what I have seen and read, it runs along the similar plot line as Teen Wolf. I understand that it discusses menstrual cycles. Which I don't understand the controversy over. Like, it happens. But I'm not going to get on my soap box.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.