Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2021: Restless Slumber Restless Slumber: The Unlucky Door (VOTING CLOSED)

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 01:07:27 )

You haven’t the faintest idea what could be behind this strange door. The chipped, aged door is painted in colours that were probably once garish, but now appear muted from time. The upside down horseshoe hung above and the knife stuck within the door’s wood don’t instill a lot of confidence in you.

On stepping inside, you’re greeted by the sight of fusted, rundown rides and faded, dilapidated tents. In the distance the sound of carnival music drifts through the air, but instead of the usual upbeat and inviting melody you would expect, it sounds warped and distorted.

As you walk past the various attractions, you spot one in particular that calls out to you. You stand before the sign, a large plank of wood that’s been hand painted in bold, red letters:

“Once in a lifetime opportunity! THE DEADLY KNIFE GAME! A heart stopping experience!”

That definitely doesn’t sound ominous at all. Taking it as a cue, you follow the sign’s painted arrow into a nearby tent, immediately squinting as you’re greeted by darkness. Your eyes aren’t given a chance to adjust before you’re shielding them, as a plethora of spotlights suddenly flood the tent with overwhelming brightness. Lowering your hand to investigate, you’re immediately struck by whose dream this is.

Strapped to a massive, spinning wheel in the middle of the tent, you see Cirque ad Infinitum’s ringleader, Lin. His usual shameless confidence seems to be replaced with an expression of fear and worry, but upon spotting you he offers a weak smile, “Oh, hey, glad to see you… I’m uh… I’m usually on the other side of this trick, heh. You uh, you wouldn’t mind helping me down, would you?”

Of course, you’re here to help. However, as you try to take a step forward, a hooded figure stops you. Before you’re able to react, they shove a couple of throwing knives into your grasp before fading from view. Above Lin, a new sign lights up.

“1000 Points to Win a Prize: Freedom!”

You don’t like where this is heading, and judging from Lin’s shaky sigh, you can tell he doesn’t either.

“I guess I’m at your mercy… Luckily for us both, I trust you. Just uh, do me one favour... Try not to hit anything too important?”

Yeah. Easy. No pressure, no pressure at all.

Art by ghost.

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 01:08:06 )
Summary
Entering the Unlucky Door led straight to Lin's nightmare.
He's having a nightmare about being strapped to a spinning wheel.
Unfortunately, you've been tasked with throwing knives at him!
Try to hit your target and miss Lin.

Mechanics
Match the knives to their corresponding places on the wheel.
This is a group activity. Working together will help make it easier to find all the answers.
But feel free to work alone as well!
Make sure to put your answers under a spoiler to give others a chance to play.

Prize
Once all the correct answers have been found, and at least 10 people have attempted to answer,
the EI Knife Game will be added to Joyful Jamboree.

All participants in this thread will be granted a free Knife Game at the end of the event.
(Note: Participation includes any form of posting in this thread. Even if you don’t want to join in the game, show your support!)

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 01:08:37 )
THROW THE KNIVES...

Current Progress
Unlock Reached!

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 01:10:05 )
YOU HIT THE TARGETS...

Taking a deep breath and bracing yourself, you try to get into the zone. You just need to ignore the anxious, living being before you that you could easily kill with one wrong throw and focus on the board around him. Easy. Child’s play. You got this.

One by one, you toss the coloured knives into their corresponding targets, a playful chime ringing each time you make a correct hit. A bead of sweat rolls down your temple as you try to ignore Lin’s increasingly sharp inhales of distress each time the knife flies closer towards him. Finally with a quick prayer, you toss the final blade, closing your eyes and waiting. There’s an agonizingly long pause of silence, and your palms grow clammy, fearing the worst. After that extended moment of torture, a playful jingle begins to play, and you finally exhale the breath you didn’t realize you were holding.

Opening your eyes, you watch as the metal restraints release around Lin’s wrists and ankles, allowing him to jump down from the wheel’s platform. He lets out a heavy sigh of relief before giving you a warm, genuine smile, walking up to your side, “How lucky am I to have such a dashing hero come to my rescue, hm?” He laughs, before giving you a playful wink.

You’re relieved to see he’s back to his usual self, you didn’t expect to see him that distressed over something you’d think he would be used to by now. He gives you a sheepish smile and a soft chuckle.

“I’m not exactly a fan of feeling trapped or enclosed, so I tend to avoid those situations. I’m no good if I’m losing my cool, you know?” He lets out a quick laugh, “It doesn’t help when you have an untrained performer tossing knives at you, either. No offense, of course, you were a natural.”

You don’t take offense, because that should be a normal human reaction. You offer to lead him from this nightmare scape and he gratefully accepts.

“Of course. As fun as spending time with you is, I would much rather enjoy it somewhere less… Mn, threatening. Heh. Shall we?”

WHERE TO GO?

You have unlocked the chance to vote for which door you'd like to enter first.
To vote, simply ping Lin with: @Lin: I vote for [this door].
The door that receives the highest votes will be the thread unlocked tomorrow at [time].

Doors Available:
1. The Caged Door
A Metal Barred Door With Darkness Behind

2. The Restless Door
A Wooden Door Constantly Shaking

3. The Inscribed Door
A Door Covered in Mysterious Writing

The Lost Door
The Decaying Door
The Damp Door
The Reflective Door
The Unlucky Door

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 01:19:39 )

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 01:27:15 )

lol Lin looks worried.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 01:29:28 )

Done!

★~~Questing~~★

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 01:33:00 )

1-e
2-f
3-c
4-h
5-a
6-d
7-g
8- b

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 01:43:32 )

lmao Lin's face

A5
B8
C3
D6
E1
F2
G7
H4

please @ me

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 01:44:38 )

Woo I did it!

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 01:45:38 )
    Aw man this one hurts my brain lol.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 02:23:00 )
hrmm I did something though its been years since I last was at imgur so i cant remember how to get the link to share the picture in here with codes...so.... have a llink..? https://imgur.com/a/fCHoD67

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 03:21:55 )
✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

Oh no poor Lin ;w;

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 03:31:19 )
✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

Don't worry Lin I'm here to save you!! QuQ <3

I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 03:48:45 )
Just checking in

Voltie — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 04:20:03 )

aw omg poor Lin T^T

Donator — pancake Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 04:20:32 )
1E
2F
3C
4H
5A
6D
7G
8B

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 04:29:54 )

Aaah so fun!!!
Hope I got it right!
A-5
B-8
C-3
D-6
E-1
F-2
G-7
H-4

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 04:41:10 )
Phew... Lemme know how I can pay you back, hm? I owe you my life.

The Knife Game item has been unlocked in Joyful Jamboree

Check the fourth post on the front page for an update.

Voting has begun.

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 04:45:44 )

@lin: I think I’m too late to participate in the activity, but I vote for the Inscribed Door.

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.