Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Caught in the Spiders Web

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 22:47:29 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"We're heading back, where Raph has already packed up the important things we can take, and has moved everything else he knows we'd care to keep to somewhere safe." Anya told them as they started to head back to the house.

"This isn't the first time I've had to do this, and I'm sure it won't be the last. The hunters aren't in town yet, but they are close. A day or two out, at most." She continued.

"I want to get a day or two out of here before they actually arrive."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 23:11:45 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Lindsay faltered a little when she said that, and slowed his pace a little, though he was still moving. Ashley noticed this, and looked over towards his brother concernedly, and hurriedly.

"Come on, we need to hurry." he told him.

"Can... can we trust mister Raphael?" Lindsay asked.

"Huh? Why?" Ashley asked in response.

"Anya is a demon... he's an angel." Lindsay replied. "Don't... don't angels have some sort of compelling nature to... stop demons or whatever?" he asked them further, which made Ashley pause a moment.

He had no idea how to answer this, without giving his brother more info than he was sure he wanted.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 23:15:05 )

"Don't worry, Lindsay. Raphael and I go back, way back. We were what one could consider family at one point, before he made me fall." Anya told him honestly.

"He really does care about me, any by extension, you two. Don't worry about that." she added before pausing a moment.

"He's also helped me out before. Often when I find out that hunters are coming and I need to get out of the area, it's because he's given me the information. I know that it will take more than words for you to trust him, however, give him a chance. Please? We need his help here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 23:37:13 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." Lindsay was silent, and still looked skeptical... but he then sighed afterwards.

"Well... at this point, not sure we have much choice." he said. "If you trust him, and it seems like Ashley trusts him, then I will. For now." he told her. "Or, at the very least, I'll go along with this." he added.

Ashley just sighed as well, though more quietly.

"Good." he said, as the house came into view.

"...I'm going to miss this place..." he lamented softly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 23:40:03 )

"Thank you, Lindsay." Anya said, gratitude in her voice.

"Just... thank you. I appreciate it." She added before looking to the house in question.

".... so will I." She added. "I haven't even been here ten years." She admitted with a sigh.

"Which is unfortunate, but literally nothing I can do about that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 00:06:43 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...life doesn't seem to be fair..." Lindsay commented.

"We're living proof of that." Ashley reminded him.

"Oh... right." Lindsay responded quietly.

"Life isn't really fair, or UNfair. It just... is." Ashley then said to him, as they reached the house, and stepped inside. When they did, they saw that Raph had just finished gathering the things that they would be taking with them on the road.

He looked over towards them, and sighed.

"I'll finish up here, taking your more precious things to a secure location." he told them.

"And I am CLOSING that rift in the basement." he stressed.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 00:08:15 )

Anya sighed lightly.

"I'll do it." She commented.

"It's barricaded, but I do realise that it would be a beacon here." She added as she set her own stuff down.

"And it will attack you, if you went down there. You're not allowed anywhere near the rifts on this plane, after all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 00:29:05 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Raph just shook his head.

"Yeah, but I was gonna try, at least." he said.

"Regardless, that rift is the ONE thing you need to tend to before heading out." he warned. "I'll make sure this place is EMPTY by the time that crew gets here." he promised.

"Won't it still look suspicious?" Lindsay inquired.

"I'll be honest, there's no way to be 100% under the radar here." Raph told him in response. "No matter what Anya does now, she'll either be discovered, or look highly suspect." he said further.

"...so she really has to just leave here." Lindsay concluded.

"Things really aren't fair for a demon trying to just peacefully exist in this realm." Raph shrugged.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 01:03:05 )

"Fair? I don't care." Anya commented.

"I'm just looking to survive. I may be a demon, but I can be killed, and they know exactly how." She added.

"I'll be back." with that, she made her way downstairs, her intention to close that rift. She knew she would need to open another one, for hte purpose of her infernal work, but she also knew this one could not remain open. If it was left, they could use it to find her, or cause shit down low.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 01:26:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Raph and the boys watched her go, and Lindsay then turned towards the man.

"So... you really want to help her?" he asked.

"I do." Raph responded. "I have my reasons, but know that I have nothing but her safety as my sincerest concern." he promised. "And yours as well." he then added.

"Yeah." Ashley agreed with a nod.

"Will we see you again soon?" he asked.

"Soon enough." the man told him.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 01:28:51 )

They all felt the rift closing. The air felt honestly cleaner, lighter. Raph didn't feel that prickling numbness nad pain that was naturally there due to the rift, after it was closed.

About three minutes later, Anya returned to them.

"I see you moved my instruments." She commented. "did you take the spiders down there too?" She asked, her voice curious.

"I only want to know so I have any sort of idea as to what is going where. Or if they ran off."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 01:53:08 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Raph nodded in response.

"Thanks to our long-standing relationship, as well as other reasons..." he went on, being vague for Lindsay's sake. "...the spiders understood what was happening, understood what I was doing, and they went along with the instruments." he reported.

"So everything that was down there, is in a safe place." he assured her, before pausing.

"Except the meat room. You'll need to decide what you're taking and leaving, and I'll make sure what remains is thrown to the wilderness." he assured her.

"...never noticed how different it feels without that gateway thing down there..." Ashley commented.

"I think because we've never known this place WITHOUT it." Lindsay reasoned.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 01:59:04 )

"Combined with Raphael's natural presence, it's quite nice for the average person without my rift." Anya commented.

"And thank you." She then said to the archangel, sighing heavily.

"All right. I am going to go tend to the meat. You two, make sure there's nothing remaining that you care about, that you can't take." She said.

"I'll see you in a few." With that, she headed off to the room in question.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 02:22:12 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The boys nodded and then made their way to their rooms. They were there for only a couple of minutes, before they returned, looking at Raph.

"Amazing. You got it all." Lindsay commented.

"And it's all safe and sound." Raph assured them.

"I took everything that would have been too cumbersome to carry, and put it in the safe place with everything else." he told them further. "And after you leave, I'll make sure this place is barren." he added.

"As I said, it'll be suspicious either way, so might as well save everything possible."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 02:30:48 )

Sure enough, they got out of there easily, and quickly. They didn't even hang around to see if anything came of the place, or how the hunters would react upon finding that no one was there, as Anya knew that there would be enough remnants for them to find. Nothing to track her off of, she hoped, but enough to find that there had been a demon there.

Currently, they sitting under a tree, taking a break for a bit considering the fact taht they had been moving all night.

".... I wonder how hard it'll be find a house to buy." anya commented with a sigh as she laid back.

"Let's start keeping an eye and ear out, hey?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 02:51:39 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ashley and Lindsay just sat on the ground and leaned against the tree.

"I don't know." Lindsay replied.

"I don't, either." Ashley lamented.

"But yeah, we can keep an eye out." he then told Anya. "Maybe we should look in the next town." he suggested.

"...it might be wiser to hide in the wilderness for a bit, let the band of hunters pass us, and then set up in a town they've already been to." Lindsay commented. "Otherwise, we'll just keep abandoning house after house." he reasoned.

"...hm, fair." Ashley admitted.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 03:37:25 )

"It's what I'm used to." Anya stated simply.

"regardless, we'll find somewhere in a fortnight or two. I do want to cross the border though." She added

"So we're living like this for a bit."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 03:57:37 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Well, we're used to it." Ashley responded.

"Though we're in a much better situation, as compared to before we met Anya." Lindsay reminded him.

"That is true." Ashley admitted.

"So, overall, we'll be fine. We have each other." Lindsay finished with a smile.

"Heh, yeah." Ashley chuckled in response.

"...would they not have listened to you, though, Anya?" he then asked the demon.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 03:59:16 )

"The hunters? Not a chance." Anya answered.

"Some people just won't listen." She added before pausing.

"You two every encounter hunters of any sort, before?'

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 04:36:22 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The boys thought for a moment, pondering the question.

"I... no. No, don't think so." Ashley said.

"I dare say we haven't." Lindsay told her. "We've met a few mages, but... well, we don't meet people for long. They mostly got angry at us for trying to steal stuff." he lamented.

"So we don't have any real knowledge of them." he admitted.

"...are they really such bad people?" Ashley asked her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.