Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Shifting Reality

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 06:24:20 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"I get it." Nate said.

"I... well, I suppose I'm privileged in that regard. Biggest worry I've ever had was making a class in time, while wondering what I could afford for groceries that week." he chuckled, before pausing.

"...ok, that didn't exactly make me SOUND privileged, but... well, it's a perspective thing." he quickly clarified.

"Anyway, with luck, the ones that were abusing you will soon be taken down." he told her. "Agent Sharp's been working all night to make sure things start happening ASAP." he continued.

"And from what I've heard, you were very lucky to have Dr. Calder as a client. He's the reason you're HERE." he then added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 06:31:24 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Sabrina nodded.

"I'd say it is privelidged, myself." She commented.

"Some, like me, haven't even finished highschool." She added with a light laugh.

"And yes. Rene is definitely the reason I'm here, and I cannot deny that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 07:01:37 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Well, I'm sure if you want to complete highschool and further, we can help you here." Nate responded. "Seriously, this place offers SO many services to those that the general world at large doesn't know about." he told her.

"I don't know if you've ever heard of us, but we call ourselves The Unit." he went on.

"While we are a shadow branch of the US government, we are also part of a larger network of organisations that do similar things." he told her further, before pausing and thinking about it.

"...you're from Europe... so... hmmm..." he mumbled.

"You may have heard of... oh what is it called...?" he wondered, snapping his fingers in an attempt to jump-start his memory.

"The Dusk Watchers or something, I think." he then said.

"We're the North American version of THEM."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 07:04:13 )

Sabrina nodded.

"Yeah, I have." she told him.

".... One of them is why I ended up in the situation I was in. Not all in a position of authority are bad, but not all are good either." She commented with a sigh.

"And I would not be surprised if there is now something saying to find me, and that I'm a criminal, or in deep trouble, or what have you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 07:36:20 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"....I see." Nate responded. "I'll have to tell Agent Sharp about this." he said.

"I already did." Sabrina responded.

"Well then, good to know." Nate replied, clearing his throat a little.

"We're not like that here." he assured her. "We pride ourselves on... NOT having any like that, and ejecting those that prove that they are like that." he promised her further.

"Anyway, you're recovering very nicely, but would you like some breakfast?" he asked her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 07:40:16 )

Sabrina was about to say no, about to say that she was fine... however, sheknew that was a lie, and realised that he likely would know it too.

"I would love something to eat." She told him honestly, resisting the urge to add on that she'd eat whatever she was allwoed to. She realised that this wasn't a place where she would be severely limited like that, but also realised thatshe didn't know what all WAS available. Not yet, anyway.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 08:00:12 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Duly noted." Nate responded.

"Any preferences?" he asked. "We have pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausages, and various toasts available." he told her. "As well, as water, milk, and... any juice you can think of." he admitted.

"Or if you have a special order, let me know and I'll tell the cafeteria." he added, before pausing.

"Oh, food allergies." he then said.

"You have any that you know of?" he asked her.

"We'll have to do a full allergy test soon, but for now, I'll just ask. For this situation, anyway."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 08:07:47 )

"as far as I know, I have no allergies." Sabrina answered honestly.

"Thankfully. I would hate to." She added.

"Beyond that, no preferences. I .... I'm one who will eat what I'm given." She admitted with a sigh. "I do like things with syrups, though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 08:27:24 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." Nate was silent as he heard that.

"I see." he said. "Well, hopefully you will see that this is a place where you have a say in what you eat, and are free to eat whatever you like, as long as we can make it, WHENEVER you like." he told her further with a smile.

"And things with syrups? Hmmmm, got it." he then said.

"I'll send word to the cafeteria and have them send it here." he told her.

He then checked over her vitals and such, recording them and nodding once more.

"Seems to be all good thus far." he reported. "Assuming no sudden or drastic downturns, you should be able to go to your dorm by this afternoon." he finished.

"Anything you feel you should add before I check on the other patients here?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 08:31:13 )

"I know. And I realise that I can state things like that now, but ... I dunno. I just don't want to, really." Sabrina admitted after a couple of seconds.

"Granted, that might change in the future, but for the moment, at least." She added.

"As for anything else, I'm not sure if it's really something for YOU to be dealing with, but... are there any books or whatever around here? If I'm stuck here, I'd rather not be bored out of my skull. something to read, almost no matter what, would be fantastic."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 08:44:50 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Books?" Nate asked, before thinking about it.

"Yes... yes, I believe so." he said, scratching his chin.

"Actually, hang on." he told her, setting his things down and disappearing out of the room. He was only gone for about a minute, before returning with book in his hands, handing it to her.

"It's a story about a princess whose finger suddenly turns into a dragon claw, and she learns a LOT about her past." he said.

"Found it in a used bookstore. Bit of a light read, but it's quite compelling." he went on. "Finished reading it a couple days ago."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 08:46:31 )

Sabrina accepted the book with a soft smile.

"Thank you." She said.

"I'm a reasonably fast reader, so I'll likely have this done and returned to you ... hell, maybe even today if I don't have many interruptions." She added with a shrug.

"I learned to read fast where I was, as I never had much time."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 08:58:07 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Nate wasn't sure what to say here, so he didn't say anything. He figured he would just let that statement be. It was sad, it was depressing, but it had been her life. He didn't need to hammer home how sad it had been.

She was well aware.

"Take however long you need." he told her, before leaving her to her own devices.

However, she wasn't alone for long. She'd only been reading for about 20 minutes, before there was another knock on the door, and Nate stepped through with a wheeled cart, with some food that smelled absolutely wonderful, even though they were concealed under steel dishes.

But she could smell the unmistakable scent of syrup. Maple syrup.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 11:19:43 )

Sabrina just chuckled.

"Maple's good." She commented.

"What treasures have you decided to graciously bring me?" She then asked as she put a piece of paper she was using as a bookmark into the book to mark her page, and set it aside on the end table.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 22:01:08 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Nate smiled in return, and removed the covered from everything that was there. When he did, she saw she had a small stack of pancakes, a rather large and fluffy Belgian waffle, a dish of fresh fruit, a plate of bacon, some coffee and orange juice, as well as a small pitcher of maple syrup, and a small stick of soft butter. She also noticed some creamer and sugar for the coffee.

"Breakfast-type treasures." Nate responded.

"Wasn't sure if you preferred waffles over pancakes, so I went with both." he told her. "Plus, the pancakes are kinda small anyway, so I figured add a waffle to it as well." he reasoned.

"Stuff to drink as well, and some fresh fruit as a refresher." he went on.

"Everything look all right?" he asked, bringing the cart over and swiveling the top so she could eat while remaining in her bed.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 22:45:44 )

Sabrina looked over the spread, curious, before nodding.

Looks and smells amazing." She told him honestly.

"Thank you, so much. I haven't had waffles in ... Fuck, years." She admitted.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 23:01:53 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Nate chuckled in response.

"Well, enjoy." he told her.

"Someone will be back in about... a half-hour or so to check up on you, and remove the cart and plates if you are finished." he said. "For now, do enjoy breakfast." he finished, before heading back to the door, and pausing at it.

"Before I go." he said.

"Door open or closed?" he asked.

"We keep them closed by default, but for the ones that seem to be doing quite well, we give the option, in case they'd prefer a more... open feel."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 23:05:45 )

Sabrina was silent for a few seconds, debating how to answer that.

"Open, please." She answered.

"If anyone has questions, they're welcome to come in to ask, or just talk." She added after another couple seconds.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 23:33:58 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Nate nodded in response.

"Done deal." he told her, leaving the door open as she requested, and getting on with his work.

As she ate, she watched the people mill about, staff and visitors alike, making their way past her door. Most ignored her, some turned and looked in, some waved at her, but overall, she went undisturbed.

At some point, Hal poked his head in, and smiled.

"Hello again." he greeted her.

"How's breakfast?" he asked, noting the food she had just finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 23:43:26 )

Sabrina, who had only just picked up the book again, looked over toward the door.

"Oh, hello." She said as she set the book aside, again.

"What brings you around, again?" She asked, her voice curious.

"I really hope you haven't run into a wall with those cunts already."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.