Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Shifting Reality

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 08:41:38 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Rene placed a hand on her shoulder softly, almost sensing her unease. He looked into her eyes when she turned towards him, and smiled a reassuring smile. The best one he could muter right now.

"It's all right." he said.

"There's a really strong person here. A number of them, actually." he went on. "But the one I'M talking about should be able to do anything. Include help free you from those mana shackles." he continued.

"Again, just trust me. Trust me when I say I completely believe this is what will help you. Save you." he then said.

"Just... yeah, this place IS a bit on the weird side..."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 11:23:27 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Sabrina didn't sa anything for a few seconds before shrugging.

"If you say so." was all that she said, all that she could say, before they were told to take a seat. The room they were in was huge, and it had a number of seats, and couches.

It was basically a large lounging area, or a den like area.

"Are you hanging around, Dr. Calder?" Yuki asked as Sabrina made her way over to a couch and took a seat.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 16:42:13 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Rene nodded in response.

"If you don't mind." he said.

"Sabrina is a dear friend of mine, and... well, it'll make ME feel better, at least, to be hanging around her." he reasoned. "That and this is a new place for her, with a LOT of new people." he went on.

'I want to be here in case it's a smidgen overwhelming." he added.

"If that's all right."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/21 16:54:51 )

Yuki didn't say anything for a few seconds before nodding.

"Yeah, makes sense." She commented.

"Anyway, I'm gonna go get Vae for you." Was the last thing she said before heading off, leaving the pair of them alone in the room for the moment, and letting the temperature of the area increase a few degrees, as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 01:15:15 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Rene watched her go, and then turned to Sabrina again.

"It'll be fine." he assured her.

"This is a theatre troupe that I'm friends with a couple of people in." he said. "And all of them are non-human in some way shape or form. They're an eclectic group that... well, they're like a big family." he went on.

"...a very close big family..." he then mumbled.

"Anyway, I trust them." he said.

"And I trust them to be able to help you." he continued.

"Without their help, I won't be able to get you to San Diego." he then finished with a small sigh.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 03:00:29 )

Sabrina sighed lightly, nodding.

"I'm not scared about what anyone here will do." she told him honestly.

"I'm scared of what my handlers will do to me if they find me again." she added.

"They locked my shifting last time I tried to escape, and km reasonably certain that this time will result in my death."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 03:15:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Rene shook his head.

"Well, see, optimally, they'll be able to remove that cursed branding on you, AND rid you of that mana lock on your shifting." he answered. "However, I'll be happy with just being able to remove that branding, so I can safely take you somewhere that CAN aide you with the mana lock." he continued.

"And we'll never find out what they'll do." he then stated. "Because they won't." he told her.

"If they come after you again, I'll take them all on if I have to." he promised her further.

"They'll see what it means to anger a Lanthan warrior." he growled.

"Those instincts, those techniques... just need the right push to come to the surface."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 03:28:20 )

Sabrina nodded.

"I get it. That's the more alarming one. Although the lock will cause me plenty of problems over time.' She comemnted.

"I... Will be oh so relieved to be free of them, to actually have my own life, have a real relationship, have a night like I was paid for, but... Not have the monetary attachements." She admitted. That was something that she'd never admitted before, since she knew that a there was always a chance of those that were controlling her were finding out. If someone spoke up with that kind of mindset, she knew It didn't go well, at all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 03:51:32 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Rene was silent for a moment, before nodding slowly.

"I'm sure you will." he told her.

"You'll get that chance. I promise." he said further, before looking ahead and thinking about something.

He knew he'd already stepped into it deep. REAL deep. He'd acted on impulse and emotion, and there was no going back now. He had to see this through. He wouldn't allow himself NOT to.

So he started thinking about San Diego... he needed to get the information straight, for them. And for the people here.

And he also needed to make sure that his and Sabrina's presence here would go unknown to the ring. The last thing the Hallowglades needed was the attention of THAT hellish organisation.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 04:08:44 )

Sabrina didn't say anything for a moment.

"All we can do is wait and see, really." She commented. It wasn't so much that she had no confidence in what it was that Rene had promised., it was more that she had every confidence that the ring could find her, easily.

"Wait and see, what?" a new voice asked from the doorway as another woman walked in.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 05:27:28 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Rene looked over at the new person, and smiled at the woman.

"Ah, hello, hello, Vae." he greeted her.

"Sabrina, this is Vae. She has HELLA-strong mana, and should be able to help you." he told Sabrina. "Seriously, there's not a lot she can't do." he then muttered, clearing his throat a little.

"Vae, this is Sabrina, a close friend of mine. She's been coerced into working for some very shady people, who have recently put a mana lock on her shifting abilities... even though she's a SHAPESHIFTER." he stated.

"She also has a mark on her that will kill her if she goes too far from a certain area." he then went on. "The bastards placed it on her, and the lock, when she tried to escape." he then said.

"Think you can help with either of those?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 05:35:24 )

The new woman, Vae, was silent for a moment.

"Oh, I can remove both." She answered honestly. There was something to her voice though.

"However, I won't. Pick one." She then said.

"If I do both, there's a very good chance that I'll remove more than that. I'm jut too damned strong for that kinda thing."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 05:54:54 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...ah. Right." Rene said. "Kaia might not be quite as strong as you, but... yeah, hm. Fair." he muttered.

"The mark on her." he then answered.

"I'll be taking her to San Diego afterwards, and THEY can deal with the mana lock on her shifting." he told her. "But I'll need to GET her there in the first place, which the mark... hinders. Severely." he continued.

"So yeah, go for that first, if you would be so kind?" he asked.

"Sorry to pop in unannounced like this, as well." he then apologised. "But this needed to happen quickly, and this was the first place I thought of that could give Sabrina the help she desperately needs."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 06:05:39 )

Vae didn't say anything before approaching SSabrina.

"This is going to hurt." The dark skinned woman told the shifter.

"All right. Do what is needed." Sabrina said.

"Even if you kill me, I was asking Rene to anyway. So I won't complain."

Vae nodded.

"All right then. Let's get this done then." Was all she said before resting her hands on Sabrina's head, just above her ears, and started to concentrate.

Almost instantly, Rene could see the pain on Sabrina's face, and could tell it was extreme... But she didn't make a sound.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 06:31:03 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Rene resisted the urge to say anything to Sabrina. But he could tell she was in pain, just wasn't saying anything. He guessed it was a trait/behavior that had been forced into her, and he hated it.

But he said nothing.

Instead, he subtly moved his hand over and placed it atop one of hers.

If she wanted to hold it, she could. If she wanted to squeeze it, she could.

All he could do was be there for her, and prove he was still there. That he believed in this. That he did have the best intentions.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 06:37:38 )

Sabrina didn't move. She stayed still, tense, and obviously in pain. The more pain she seemed to be in, the more the branding seemed to glow. It persisted for nearly five minutes before there was a bright flash, along with something audibly shatering.

Sabrina basically crumpled into a heap where shewas, and Vae stepped back after getting the shifter comfy.

"She'll be out for ten or so. It's just her brain and body forcibly coming to terms that they aren't bound in uch the same way anymore." She told Rene

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 06:59:40 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Rene was silent as he looked Sabrina over, before looking over towards Vae and nodding.

"Right." he said.

"Thank you." he told her. "Seriously, I... yeah, when I heard what they had done to her, I couldn't NOT act." he reasoned, shaking his head slightly. "But thanks for helping her like that." he went on.

"Now I can get her somewhere that has a LOT more resources to help her... well, even more." he went on, realising how... awkward that sounded, but not really caring at the moment.

"And... hello again, Vae." he then properly greeted her.

"Sorry this little meet-up had to be under such circumstances."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 07:04:16 )

Vae just smirked.

"Hell to you too." She said.

"And you have some time. Care to join Jun and I?" She asked, her tone making it apparently what it was tht he was invited to join in on.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 07:29:30 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Rene raised an eyebrow when she made her suggestion.

"I... ah..." he stammered, before shaking his head and lightly slapping the sides of his head.

"Focus, Rene, focus." he told himself, clearing his throat.

"I... really should be concerning myself with Sabrina's safety right now..." he told her... though the more he looked into her eyes, the more he could feel his resolve weakening.

"But... I mean... you said she'd be out for 10... and... I guess it can be... quick..." he then reasoned, shaking his head again.

"Should I wait until Sabrina is conscious before moving her?" he managed to ask, sweating noticeably now.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/22 07:37:43 )

"Probably be best." Vae answered.

"She was just violated at an atamical level. I don't think waking somewhere new would be a good idea."[b] She added with a shrug.

[b]"I'll get Yuki to stay here."
She then said, holding a hand out to him.

[b]"While you're busy. Just in case she wakes before you're done."[/b

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.