Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Shifting Reality

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/27 01:13:18 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"Dr. Rene Calder will bring you back to where you think you should be brought back to." Hal told her.

"We've concocted a story together if you need one." he continued, handing her a sheet of paper.

"And when you're taken back in... well... we wing it from there." he told her.

"Which is not to say we don't have a plan." Ty then said. "When the sting begins, we have a plan for that." he assured her.

"Indeed." Hal agreed.

"However, when that happens is entirely up to YOU." he said to Sabrina.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/27 01:25:33 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Sabrina ndoded.

"Let's make sure everyone knows their part then." She said.

And so they did.

They spent a couple of days organising th plan, everyone's parts, and how it would all go down.

Then the plan went underway, and everything went well. Maybe not perfectly, but in the end, Sabrina had dealt one hell of a blow to her handlers psyche, and he was in custody. A lot with plenty of other people.

And there were several others that were going through therapy, that hadn't such a strong disposition regarding what had happened with them.

Sabrina, meanwhile, hadn't come out of that unscathed. She'd been attacked. Her neck was pretty drastically bruised, and while she couldn't breathe well for the moment, she could at leat breathe at all. So she was back in the medwing of the Unit, while they were making sure that she was all right.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/27 01:48:29 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Just as Nate finished his checkup on her, and was about to leave, there was a knock on the open door, and the two of them looked over to see Hal standing there, looking a little concerned.

"How's she doing?" he asked.

"On the road to a full recovery." Nate responded confidently. This caused Hal's concerned expression to change to relief.

"Good." he replied.

"I know visitors are probably frowned upon right now for her, but may I have just a quick few minutes of her time?" he asked. "Assume SHE is all right with that too, of course." he added.

"If she's okay with it, Dr. Edwards should be as well." Nate replied, looking to Sabrina, indicating for her to respond.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/27 02:00:40 )

Sabrina didn't say anything, but did nod. She pointed to her neck, so he was aware that she couldn't say too much, too well, at the moment.

After Nate had left to give them some privacy, she sighed, lightly.

"hey." She said, her voice barely there and breath due to the damage to her throat that needed to reover. She'd be fine, in time. For a few days though, she was gonna have a hard time talking.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/27 02:22:32 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal sighed as he made his way closer towards her, and thought for a moment.

"I can see you're having a tough time talking." he said. "So I won't force you to strain your voice or anything like that. I'm merely here to say a few things, and ask you something." he told her.

"Firstly, that entire sting was a complete success, thanks to you." he commented. "Because of your infiltration, and working from the inside, while the teams worked from the outside, we captured and/or stopped at least 95% of them, we estimate." he revealed.

"The remaining ones will be hunted down like the mangy rabid creatures they are." he then snarled.

"And this brings me to my question." he went on.

"...would you like to work for The Unit... for me... in an official and full capacity?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/27 02:26:48 )

Sabrina was silent for a oment, surprise on her face.

"Don't... Would I need a degree?" She asked, barely. It was a valid question, but at te same time, she knew next to nothing about much of the world. She didn't even have her grade 12, after all.

"I haven't... I didn't finish secondary school." She then added.

"Are you sure?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/27 02:46:11 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal smiled.

"You'd be surprised how many of my field agents don't have any post-secondary." he told her. "I'm not one that puts all my eggs in the basket of having a paper that shows education." he went on.

"Hell, some of the people that work here in my medical wing didn't have degrees when they started working here. And in this wing." he revealed. "Now, granted, because this is medical work, they had to have been working TOWARDS it, but I digress." he then mumbled.

"Your shifting abilities could prove invaluable to reconnaissance missions, and info-gathering." he continued. "And you don't need college or university for THAT." he chuckled.

"If you want to have your secondary school, we can help you get that, of course, but you've already proven yourself to be more than capable."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/27 02:52:17 )

Sabrina didn't say anything for a moment before esmiling softly.

"I ... I would love the chance." She said, her voice barely there, but also sincere.

"Being able to put my skills to use would be... Amazing."

"Thank you."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/27 03:22:16 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal nodded in response.

"Excellent." he replied.

"I will draw up the paperwork, and we'll go through it and sign it in due time." he told her. "For now, concentrate on getting better and recuperating. We need you healthy and back in tip-top shape, after all." he chuckled.

"Yeah." Sabrina replied with a small laugh.

With that, Hal took his leave, and Sabrina was alone with her thoughts. But they weren't her usual thoughts.

These were thoughts that looked forward to the future. Her new life. And for the first time in a while... she saw happiness in it.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.