Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Shifting Reality

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 05:07:56 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"Nevermind THAT!" Jake exclaimed. "I mean... obviously you don't, and I can tell that this is not your fault, but what the HELL!?" he then exclaimed further, before clearing his throat lightly.

"Please. What's happening?" he asked.

"Sabrina here was sucked into a very dark world." Rene replied with a sigh. "She then told me that she had mana put into her which locks her shifting ability, so I brought her here." he went on.

"...that's a bit of a truncated explanation, obviously, but she does need help." he then added.

"Clearly." Jake responded, before hitting a button on the comm unit on his desk, and letting it ring, until Angela's voice could be heard from the other end of it.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"Rene Calder is here with a shifter that is in need of desperate help." Jake responded. "You got time and room and such to see them?" he asked her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 05:14:07 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"A shifter? That's a rarity." Angela commened.

"Yeah, send her down." She added after a moment or two as Sabrina reached up and just rubbed where the brand still was, but only for the lock.

"I'll get a room ready in the meantime." Angela added before pausing.

"What for, though? Trauma? Broken bones? Half dead? Mental? What?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 05:34:17 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Rene and Jake were silent for a moment, before the former cleared his throat.

"Dr. Edwards?" he addressed Angela through the speaker.

"My friend in question is suffering from having her innate abilities being forcibly suppressed, with mana." he told her. "And I'm sure you know that that is not good." he told her further.

"I estimate she has... about 2 days left. IF that." he continued.

"So, the EXTREMELY short story is that she's been sentenced to death." he went on.

"I can give a more detailed explanation, as I'm sure SHE can as well, better than I, when we get there." he finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 05:37:47 )

".... Good to know. Not dealing with a bloody arrival. That's the main thing. If I needed the trauma kit, that was something that would be good to know." Angela said.

"Anyway, bring her down." Was the last thing that she said before they ended the call..

Sabrina, meanwhile, was completely silent. It wasn't hard to tell why, or at least get a good idea as to wwhy. It was two reasons, one being that she had it beaten into her over the years to not speak unless spoken to, and also there's the fact of how she wasn't sure what the actual... Well, what anything was here. What was rude, polite, etc. She didn't know the social norms here, and did not want to step on any toes as a result. So, she was opting to remain silent for the moment.

She would do as she was told, as whether she got help or not, sshe didn't think it would really matter all that much. So long as it wasn't painful, that was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 05:55:13 )
Forgive, O Lord,

When the call was ended, Jake pressed the button, which unlocked the door to go further inside, and buzzed them in.

"In you go." he told them.

"Thanks, Jake." Rene said.

"Yep." Jake muttered. "If anyone can work a miracle here, it's Angela." he then said further, as Rene and Sabrina went inside. He watched them go, before sighing and shaking his head.

"...well, Angela and Hal, but... semantics." he mumbled to himself.

Meanwhile, the walk to the medical wing was mostly silent, with Rene occasionally reassuring Sabrina that she would get help here. He promised her that. And as she looked around, she saw that the place looked... clean and a bit sterile, but not coldly so. She saw occasional decorations and paintings and such, and it seemed like, for all intents and purposes, that this was a very nice office building.

After a few minutes, they stepped over a threshold, where she noticed it looked a LOT more like a hospital. A good one, too.

"And we're here." Rene announced.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 06:03:20 )

They were met by a blonde woman, the one who ran the wing.

"Hey." She said as she approached them.

"Hello." Sabrina greeted cordially.

"Name's Sabrina Reid." She added.

"Angela Edwards." Was the blondes response before looking to Rene.

"I don't expect you to hang around."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 06:30:38 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Rene just sighed, and nodded.

"I figured." he said.

He then paused for a moment, before looking at Sabrina.

"I should go." he told her. "Contact me if you need anything." he said. "..." he was then silent, before shaking his head lightly. "Yeah, just... I..." he stammered, and then growled.

"Damn it, I don't know what to say." he muttered.

"You'll be safe here. I promise." he just told her, before looking at Angela.

"Same to you. Contact me if you need info or anything." he told her.

"I should be headed out and dealing with some things."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 06:55:55 )

"I have your contact information." Sabrina confirmed with a nod.

"And.... Thank you." She added. "Just... Just thank you. I never would have been able to get free without your help, Rene." She added, her voice sincere, calm.

"I'll make sure she has a phone in the dorm, along with a net connection." Angela assured Rene.

"Clear out, lemme tend to the patient." She then said. Once he was gone, she led Sabrina to a room and stepped out for a moment. She made her way to a phone, knowing she had absolutely no idea what in the nine levels of hell what she was doing, and made a phone call. That one phone call made it that she could actually do what it was that was needed. She also made sure to outline the details within the digital report that was coming afterward, and made sure he was aware of that.

Sure enough, about three hours later, the digital report was theere. It outlined Sabrina's state, how Angela was keeping her there overnight just to make sure everything was ok, and requesting for her to have a dorm. She knew that she couldn't do anything about that, that was entirely Hal's jurisdiction. Once that was done, she sat down on the loveseat she had in her office and just laid back, nursing the headache she had brewing from tthe rush of information she'd acquired with that wish.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 07:38:48 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal had gone over the report, filed it, and had put everything through that needed to get through. Sabrina would have a dorm at the Unit, and Hal had a new mission... involving that ring that had had Sabrina in their clutched.

But he needed more info.

Info that only Sabrina could give.

So he had made his way down to the medical wing, and then over towards Angela's office. Once there, he knocked on the door lightly.

"I know your head'll be hurting." he said through it.

"But mind if I step in?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 07:40:41 )

"Doors open." Angela told him honestly as a way of saying he was free to enter. When he did, he found her on the lovesetat, not bothing to get up.

"And yes, headache. But it's fine. I can talk." She said simply.

"What's up? Was something wrong in the reort? Or whatever?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 08:04:15 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"No." Hal responded.

"The report was done perfectly." he told her. "Every T crossed, every I dotted." he assured her. "So there's no issues there." he said further, before sighing quietly.

"I came here to say that Sabrina WILL be granted a dorm here." he told her. "Given sanctuary, and will be protected from those that would wish her harm." he continued.

"But. What is her condition like?" he asked.

"Is she capable of having visitors, and talking with them?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 08:06:19 )

"Oh, you can check in on her. She might be asleep." Angela answered.

"But if she's awake, yeah. Go ahead and chat with her." She added after a moment or two.

"Hell, Rose might be in there with her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 08:27:02 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal nodded in response.

"Thank you." he told her.

Angela then proceeded to tell Hal which room Sabrina was in, as Hal made his way closer, and handed her a bottle of cold water.

"Here." he said. "Should help." he said further. "It's ice-cold, and has been... well, enhanced." he continued. "Which is to say, think of it as a medicinal, liquid cure for that brewing headache." he went on. "And it is specifically FOR that particular brand of headache." he then specified.

"It should REALLY cut down on the pressure you're starting to feel." he assured her.

"I've started keeping a few bottles in my office just in case of situations like these." he finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 20:50:37 )

Angela was silent for a moment before chuckling as she accepted the bottle.

"Thank you." She said, her voice sincere.

"I know that I can live through this and the like, but it really isn't fun. So I definitely appreciate it." She added

"Now, clear out and go ask your quesstions. I'm going to just stay in here for a few to let this do its thing."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 22:09:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal just chuckled as well.

"Fair enough." he said.

"That'll kick in in about 10 minutes." he told her. "And now I'll leave you alone to deal." he finished, before saying goodbye and leaving her office, making sure to shut the door behind him.

He then sighed and made his way to the room he'd been directed to, noticing the door was open, and hearing voices from within... one he didn't recognise, but the other being Rose's.

He walked over towards the doorway and peeked in, knocking on the wall as he did so to call attention to his presence.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 22:41:18 )

"Ah, hey Sharp." Rose said.

"Since you're here, I'm guessing you want to chat with Sabrina." She added as she jot something down.

"Things are good. So I'm going to clear out and give you two some privacy." She added.

"Sabrina, just don't get up. Seems there was a little bit of nerve fuckery with that, and you'll be ... Unsteady, to put it lightly, for a day or two." She told the shifter, who nodded.

"Yeah. Of course. " She said before Rosa siad her farewells proper and left. Once she was gone, Sabrina looked ove to Hal before waving.

"Hello."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 23:10:07 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal watched Rose leave, before looking back towards Sabrina, and waving in return.

"Hello there." he greeted her, making his way into the room and sitting down in the chair that was beside her bed. He looked her over, before shaking his head slightly, and sighing.

"Well, from what I've been told, you've been freed from that cursed mana lock." he commented. "Which is good, because that thing was a literal death sentence, as I'm sure you were well aware." he said further.

"I've come here to tell you that you've been granted a dorm here, as well as an I.D. that allows you to utilise most of the facilities here, for example, our cafeteria." he informed her.

"And also... I was wondering if I could ask you some questions." he went on, before pausing.

"Specifically, about those that you were... 'working' for."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 23:12:49 )

Sabrina nodded.

"Yeah, I was told that it was going to kill me, and quickly at that." She told him honetly.

"I hadn't been feeling that yet." She admitted. "But I did know that it wasn't going to be good to leave."

"As for a dorm, thank you. I appreciate it, as my Scottish ass has no idea where I'd be going otherwise. The only person I know on this side of the planet is Dr. Calder, and I efuse to go there and put him and Kalin in danger." She added.

"So I really do appreciate it." Was the last thing she said before pausing, and sighing heavily.

"And ask away."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 23:43:14 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal let her say her piece, before nodding, and looking her in the eyes.

"I know it's going to be hard, but I need you tell me EVERYTHING you know about them." he told her. "And I mean that. Everything." he stressed. "Known members, past crimes you've seen committed, known bases and such..." he listed off, trailing off at the end for a moment.

"They've been operating for FAR too long." he said.

"And they need to be dissolved. Destroyed. NOW." he stated further.

"You may very well be what we need to finally take them down. Find them, and cripple them."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/23 23:58:32 )

Sabrina nodded.

"I'll offer anything I have to help." She told him honestly.

"However, while I am willing to go back in order to shut them down, do keep in mind they will likely kill me on sight after my escape." She added.

"They can see through my shifts, unfortunately." She paused here, thinking for a moment.

"Do you want me to write it out, type it up, tell it to you vocally.... What?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.